RPGM Henteria Chronicles Ch. 3 : The Peacekeepers [Update 13] [N_taii]

4.60 star(s) 31 Votes

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
I know it's probably a dumb question to ask in a thread dedicated to the game but does this game have a satisfying ending? Like I am not a fan of NTR but the story so far is pretty interesting. I just want to know if I should keep playing as it's not really my typical genre.
We'll let you know in like a year or so when it has an ending. :p

Jokes aside I don't have high expectations for the ending. HC1 and 2 both use deus ex machina for their endings and don't feel entirely satisfying as a result.

Kutagawa117

Nov 20, 2023
I know it's probably a dumb question to ask in a thread dedicated to the game but does this game have a satisfying ending? Like I am not a fan of NTR but the story so far is pretty interesting. I just want to know if I should keep playing as it's not really my typical genre.
You should,I didn't like the NTR genre at first but if you continue it will make you addicted

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
The game is not finished yet, so no one can answer this. All we know is that there will be three endings: Happy, NTR, and Revenge.
with ntr being unavoidable im kinda curious how that'd work. Also like the ntr ending I can get but love and revenge endings on whom? who am I getting revenge against?

Miss Y

Sep 12, 2016
with ntr being unavoidable im kinda curious how that'd work. Also like the ntr ending I can get but love and revenge endings on whom? who am I getting revenge against?
Going by previous games, the Happy ending usually involves redemption or forgiveness, depending on how charitable you are with the ladies' motivations — that the player manages to pull them out of their spiraling depravity and return to something close to a normal life. Presumably, it will involve Leto saving all four of them by unraveling the mystery of whatever is going on with the cult, and then resuming his relationship with Rose. I do vaguely remember N_taii hinting about why it was so important for both Haylen and Cyanna to not be blood-related to Leto in this game, but if I had to guess, I think that is probably going to involve the Revenge ending and that there won't be some surprise option in the Happy ending for him to choose who he ultimately winds up with... because that would essentially be making four different Happy endings on top of the NTR and Revenge paths, which sounds like a development nightmare.

Revenge was introduced in Chapter 2, and involved the player not only taking down the villains, but also more or less becoming the bigger villain to accomplish that and very specifically not forgiving his loved ones. Though it made more sense in the previous game because there was a very specific betrayal that involved more than just having sex behind the protagonist's back and making him feel sad. So Chapter 3's Revenge ending might wind up looking different, depending on how the story continues to unfold. So the revenge is against everyone, basically.

Reactions: Matoga and bucefala

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
The revenge endings so far have been pretty universal in who they impact. If the first two games are any example the revenge ending will involve Leto breaking bad. In both HC1&2 the MCs wind up usurping their enemies and begin to treat their former love interests as property instead of people. So you're getting revenge on the people who ruined your life and on the women who betrayed you. Sooner or later Rose, Cyanna, Lily, and Haylen will choose between their ntr partners and Leto which puts them up as targets for revenge.

If I have one obvious problem with the revenge endings it's how unwilling N_Taii is to punish the women. By his own admission he has difficulty mistreating them. So they tend to dodge the more appropriate punishment and simply continue on with the MC as their dominant partner in place of their defeated partner. So the women skate by and their partners get punished in their place even though they are often just as guilty. So instead of Rose winding up alone, forced to live out her days without her loved ones, relying on empty, meaningless sex to satisfy her urges she'll be a member of harem of the new King Leto or something. The punishment does not suit their crimes, which to me kind of defeats the point.

As for the love ending, that's not really a thing in the first two games. HC1&2 basically have true, good, bad, and 2 added revenge endings. The true endings are pretty typical jRPG endings, the good endings involve moving on for better or worse, and the bad ending is self explanatory.

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
The revenge endings so far have been pretty universal in who they impact. If the first two games are any example the revenge ending will involve Leto breaking bad. In both HC1&2 the MCs wind up usurping their enemies and begin to treat their former love interests as property instead of people. So you're getting revenge on the people who ruined your life and on the women who betrayed you. Sooner or later Rose, Cyanna, Lily, and Haylen will choose between their ntr partners and Leto which puts them up as targets for revenge.

If I have one obvious problem with the revenge endings it's how unwilling N_Taii is to punish the women. By his own admission he has difficulty mistreating them. So they tend to dodge the more appropriate punishment and simply continue on with the MC as their dominant partner in place of their defeated partner. So the women skate by and their partners get punished in their place even though they are often just as guilty. So instead of Rose winding up alone, forced to live out her days without her loved ones, relying on empty, meaningless sex to satisfy her urges she'll be a member of harem of the new King Leto or something. The punishment does not suit their crimes, which to me kind of defeats the point.

As for the love ending, that's not really a thing in the first two games. HC1&2 basically have true, good, bad, and 2 added revenge endings. The true endings are pretty typical jRPG endings, the good endings involve moving on for better or worse, and the bad ending is self explanatory.
Well so far I feel sympathy for Rose and the sister but I guess the only ending where they does not end up dumb bimbos would be the love ending ntr/revenge from your comments im guessing she ends up a toy just depends on who's. I'm torn between wanting to save everyone and having leto just "crash out" and kill everyone (assuming that's an option). I know you are not supposed to see yourself as the protag in these games (and that is why you cannot rename leto) but there is only so much detachment you can do. I mean if the girls betray your trust and arent punished for it it seems like you really only go for the happy ending if you want to be good.

Reactions: bucefala

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
Going by previous games, the Happy ending usually involves redemption or forgiveness, depending on how charitable you are with the ladies' motivations — that the player manages to pull them out of their spiraling depravity and return to something close to a normal life. Presumably, it will involve Leto saving all four of them by unraveling the mystery of whatever is going on with the cult, and then resuming his relationship with Rose. I do vaguely remember N_taii hinting about why it was so important for both Haylen and Cyanna to not be blood-related to Leto in this game, but if I had to guess, I think that is probably going to involve the Revenge ending and that there won't be some surprise option in the Happy ending for him to choose who he ultimately winds up with... because that would essentially be making four different Happy endings on top of the NTR and Revenge paths, which sounds like a development nightmare.

Revenge was introduced in Chapter 2, and involved the player not only taking down the villains, but also more or less becoming the bigger villain to accomplish that and very specifically not forgiving his loved ones. Though it made more sense in the previous game because there was a very specific betrayal that involved more than just having sex behind the protagonist's back and making him feel sad. So Chapter 3's Revenge ending might wind up looking different, depending on how the story continues to unfold. So the revenge is against everyone, basically.
Are you locked into a path when picking choices? Like say I am on the love path but a girl does something unforgivable. do you just pick the revenge option (if you have colors enabled)?

TheBigWater

Sep 24, 2019
To be honest. The CH2 had a "betray" in the story becaue MC was betrayed by his close ones.
in HC3 he can be betrayed by only.. his girlfriend? The rest of them are just his friends

Miss Y

Sep 12, 2016
Are you locked into a path when picking choices? Like say I am on the love path but a girl does something unforgivable. do you just pick the revenge option (if you have colors enabled)?
Yeah, as far as we know right now, it seems like the ending is just going to tally up how many of each color you've picked in dialogue, and then give you an ending based on which one has the highest number, unlike Chapter 2 where it literally put you in front of a fork in the road and told you which path led to the various endings.

And with how saves are always provided with each update, I'm sure that the final version of the game will include one for each path so you don't have to replay the entire game just to see a different ending. So I wouldn't sweat it out too much.

Reactions: DrLizardman

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
To be honest. The CH2 had a "betray" in the story becaue MC was betrayed by his close ones.
in HC3 he can be betrayed by only.. his girlfriend? The rest of them are just his friends
So far only Rose has betrayed him, but sooner or later Cyanna will too since her partner is directly involved with the duke and his conspiracy. We're at a point where they're going to be deciding that riding dick is more important than Leto soon and there will be consequences.

Lily and Haylen probably won't betray Leto because their content is largely skippable and N_Taii has said that skipping it may actually have an impact on the endings.

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
One single piece of custom artwork would be incredibly expensive. Somewhere along the line artists decided to massively overprice their work and we just rolled with it. I've seen people charge $2-300 per piece and they make decent livings off of it. There are days I momentarily consider using my rudimentary art skills to see about drawing OCs for the Sonic the Hedgehog fan base, but I know I'd be traumatized inside a day and no richer for it. XD
yea. I have a friend who is an artist in the h-space. And in the beginning they were really cheap despite doing some of the best artwork out there, but at some point they had their own financial stuff to deal with and said screw it and raised their prices to a similar level other artists have been doing for years now. They are still cheaper as far as I am aware. But even being cheaper art is hella expensive these days because the prices have been rising so much.

Komdot

Oct 9, 2021
having the history of the other two games, neither ending is satisfactory, but there are endings that are not tragic, so this one will definitely be the same thing.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
having the history of the other two games, neither ending is satisfactory, but there are endings that are not tragic, so this one will definitely be the same thing.
Don't count on it. N_Taii's approach to the endings this time is different from inception. Things could be quite different.

XpoHu4

Mar 2, 2018
It is early to speculate about endings, more importantly will it be another dreaming section? Because. It`s. Fucking. AWESOME! And I wish it will be at some point.

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
So far only Rose has betrayed him, but sooner or later Cyanna will too since her partner is directly involved with the duke and his conspiracy. We're at a point where they're going to be deciding that riding dick is more important than Leto soon and there will be consequences.

Lily and Haylen probably won't betray Leto because their content is largely skippable and N_Taii has said that skipping it may actually have an impact on the endings.
Well I have no reason to help those who betray me. I have not gotten far enough for anyone to do that yet but I really hope the revenge is satisfying if that's the route this game takes.

Reactions: Kutagawa117

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Well I have no reason to help those who betray me. I have not gotten far enough for anyone to do that yet but I really hope the revenge is satisfying if that's the route this game takes.
I would temper expectations on it being satisfying. Typically I would say expect better since HC3 is so much better than HC2 in virtually every conceivable way, but as I already said N_Taii has admitted he has trouble adequately punishing the female characters he creates. Hence why none of the women really went down in station in HC2, they simply transitioned from where they were with the previous regime into the same position in the new regime.

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
I would temper expectations on it being satisfying. Typically I would say expect better since HC3 is so much better than HC2 in virtually every conceivable way, but as I already said N_Taii has admitted he has trouble adequately punishing the female characters he creates. Hence why none of the women really went down in station in HC2, they simply transitioned from where they were with the previous regime into the same position in the new regime.
Well I will do that, did he say why he had trouble or just like a "im not great at this" type of thing? I do not want to go through a genre I hate for a story I like for it to be unsatisfying but at the same time that may just be a sign its not the game for me. THis game already has me more interested than the 1st one as I actually kept playing it. Part of the liking the new game is just the newer engine and cleaner UI but the story as well seems to interest me more.

Reactions: Rubyrosesilver22
4.60 star(s) 31 Votes