RPGM Abandoned Heresy Simulator (WH40k x Battle Brothers Parody) [v0.02] [TORii]

Kormk

Mar 17, 2020
GW:

Attention Citizen Multiple Third party individuals have reported one or more actions as inappropriate

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
Yeah fuck GW!

I spoke with TORii. Project's not dead, but it may be taking a drastic turn towards medieval/Old World instead of scifi grimdark. This is NOT related to the recent GW stuff at all, but mostly due to art assets (she had a really rough time finding people who could get the 40k look) and also her own personal preference.

I prefer scifi grimdark, but whatever, I have my own project to slave away on.

Last edited:

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
Yeah fuck GW!
Why? What the hell did they do now? Apart from paywalling the Astartes mini-series, that is.

I spoke with TORii. Project's not dead, but it will be taking a drastic turn towards medieval/Old World instead of scifi grimdark. This is NOT related to the recent GW stuff at all, but mostly due to art assets (she had a really rough time finding people who could get the 40k look) and also her own personal preference.
So... warhammer fantasy? That means we'll be getting some Sigmarines? :cool:

How's Battle Brothel coming along? Promised myself I'd wait for it to be finished before playing. Tho maybe it's for the best if you're still working on it, I have 0 free time for the foreseeable future lol.

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
Why? What the hell did they do now? Apart from paywalling the Astartes mini-series, that is.

So... warhammer fantasy? That means we'll be getting some Sigmarines? :cool:

How's Battle Brothel coming along? Promised myself I'd wait for it to be finished before playing. Tho maybe it's for the best if you're still working on it, I have 0 free time for the foreseeable future lol.
From what I know, GW made some changes to how it protects its IP and now has a "zero tolerance policy" on fan films and animations, basically screwing over content creators that focus solely on that. Other people can probably explain it better.

Battle Brothel is maybe 60% finished at this point. Lots of new features and content still being added.

As for the theme of Heresy Simulator, this will probably answer your questions:

HSscreenshot09.png

Buffalo Fred

Aug 5, 2016
TTS is short for "If the Emperor had a text-to-speech device", a famous fan-made parodic show about WH40K. If you're a fan of the latter, then I urge you to go watch TTS, it's worth every second of time you invest in, and even more.
I just might, thank you. :)

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
Bad news, project is being shelved, partly due to worries over IP. We would have to change so much that this game would no longer be a warhammer parody, but rather something entirely of our own making.

Which is fine and something we're interested in, but don't have time or resources for right now. So this is squarely in the "maybe later" bucket.

ZombieBoss

Jun 3, 2018
View attachment 1004125

Overview:
Heresy Simulator is an isometric RPG where the player is a cultist of the dark gods on the Imperial farm world of Pheon VI. The game is a cheeky parody of a certain grimdark setting with gameplay similar to Battle Brothers. No direct intellectual property is stolen, so expect things like Space Elves and Imperial Grunts.​

Thread Updated: 2021-02-05
Release Date: 2021-02-04
Developer: TORii -
Censored: No
Version: 0.02
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:
DOWNLOAD
Win: - - MEGA -
Other:
COMPRESSED

*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 1004133 View attachment 1004143 View attachment 1004147
HAHAHAHA THE NAME! It reminds me of this warhammer 40k meme too funny

DADDDAAA

Jan 6, 2018
Yeah fuck GW!

I spoke with TORii. Project's not dead, but it may be taking a drastic turn towards medieval/Old World instead of scifi grimdark. This is NOT related to the recent GW stuff at all, but mostly due to art assets (she had a really rough time finding people who could get the 40k look) and also her own personal preference.

The game is very much dead, now... right?