irreverent69

Apr 21, 2018
I swear like once every few months I will come back to this game out of complete frustration. In all my attempts at playing this thing I must have missed some crucial information on how to actually advance. I try to use abilities or get drops, but always end up spamming heavy attack and rest? For the love of god someone please tell me what I'm missing here? I never kill bosses and I'm bored to tears trying to fill out this insane time sink of a fame tree.

TeckXChaos

Feb 15, 2018
I swear like once every few months I will come back to this game out of complete frustration. In all my attempts at playing this thing I must have missed some crucial information on how to actually advance. I try to use abilities or get drops, but always end up spamming heavy attack and rest? For the love of god someone please tell me what I'm missing here? I never kill bosses and I'm bored to tears trying to fill out this insane time sink of a fame tree.
Heavy attacks are actually overall worse than normal attacks even with the Mighty trait that increases heavy attack damage until you have the exp to get your Agi to 40. Instead go with the Alchemist trait and then grab Insomnia and Sluggish for negative traits. Alternate normal attacks + rest to clear normal enemies and save up enough gold to buy the Swamp map from the town shop asap. Be sure to get at least 1 potion every day by clearing 2 encounters and then exploring any area for a 3rd. Dump all of your exp into Str for more damage.

As soon as the swamp boss Victoria shows up, go fight her. Don't attack her, just use wait and as long as your addictions aren't too high you'll clear the fight for a huge windfall of exp and a bonus positive trait. Dump all of the exp into str and you should be strong enough to tackle most of the bosses. Keep going after them until you lose, then dump all of that into the fame tree for starting exp. Once you hit 40 Str, work towards 40 Agi. When you can consistently hit 40 Agi on runs, start taking the Mighty trait as well at the start and switch out Normal attacks for Heavy Attacks.

It's still a slog to clear all of the content without cheating, but it's a lot faster if you abuse Victoria for starting exp.

Zavijava_

Oct 19, 2020
Or just use the Universal Renpy Mod from around here, find the var for extra stat points and give yourself like a million. Hacked stats carry over to new game versions so you should only have to do it once. Then you can make a build as OP or normal as you want each run

guitardemonxx

Sep 19, 2018
Or just use the Universal Renpy Mod from around here, find the var for extra stat points and give yourself like a million. Hacked stats carry over to new game versions so you should only have to do it once. Then you can make a build as OP or normal as you want each run

You could also go into the Renpy folder, Common, then modify the console file. There's a line that disables the console, and all you have to do is change it from false to true.

Then, while in game, press shift+o to open the console and you can modify all values.

Points = 999999999
Gold = 9999999999
Mhp =9999
Mlust = 9999
Etc.

iamcharlie

Apr 9, 2020
You could also go into the Renpy folder, Common, then modify the console file. There's a line that disables the console, and all you have to do is change it from false to true.

Then, while in game, press shift+o to open the console and you can modify all values.

Points = 999999999
Gold = 9999999999
Mhp =9999
Mlust = 9999
Etc.
how can I open the console file ? In notepad ++ getting unknown text.

guitardemonxx

Sep 19, 2018
how can I open the console file ? In notepad ++ getting unknown text.
My bad, I didn't clarify the extension type.
You're looking for the .rpy file, not the .rpyc.

I've also uploaded a screenshot of which line, and what it says. It will be false originally, just change it to true then use shift+o.

1725762118929.png
1725762189475.png

Renonymous

Jul 17, 2018
Anyone know any way of any debug tool or something to escape a softlocked combat?

I tried the arena and found myself fighting an npc with 2500 (wtf?) health. She bugged out and stopped taking her turn, but even with a Nameless Blade, I only got her down to 500 health before her armour got high enough that every attack does 0 damage. Neither of us can kill each other, and I can't escape.

DeltaFiend

Aug 5, 2019
Anyone know any way of any debug tool or something to escape a softlocked combat?

I tried the arena and found myself fighting an npc with 2500 (wtf?) health. She bugged out and stopped taking her turn, but even with a Nameless Blade, I only got her down to 500 health before her armour got high enough that every attack does 0 damage. Neither of us can kill each other, and I can't escape.
I can't really help with the softlock, but her having extreme amounts of health is normal. The arena is basically meant to be something you do when you're done with your run. The enemy's health there doesn't regenerate between runs, so you're meant to chip them down over multiple runs.

Cloqwork

Jul 1, 2020
Patreon's newest Live version mentions a "Museum". Not having access anymore, I am intrigued and (were I not so poor) would buy in again to see what that's all about. Even if it's just basically a glorified gallery, something already in the game (kinda), my attention is grabbed.

memoxcep

May 20, 2018
would you like to explain how to add this points? i put universal renpy mod to the folder but dont know what to do next, there is no option for me like this. Hope you could help me

3.60 star(s) 25 Votes