4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Some girls have husbands or boyfriends (which is more like stealing id say). The GF is only with the MC or other girls (if enabled). Now ive been trying to figure out how to say this next sentence, but ill just spoiler it cuz it may be considered a spoiler for anybody who cares about the story.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. I'd suggest when in doubt, turn it off. It won't lock you out of any females (or trap if enabled), it just may change some scenes up and/or delay introductions. I am trying to make almost equal content for all options. Though ill change the language to girlfriend/s instead of LI.
Ahhh, I see. Hmm, well in that case, I don’t know if you need to go that far. I don’t think anyone is gonna be mad that someone is with someone else before MC as long as nothing is explicitly shown or said.

Example: MC meets a married woman, she’s tired of her husband and MC swoops in. Everyone can assume that the woman has slept with her husband, but as long as you don’t say “Oh man, i can’t wait to be fucked by my husband.” Or she literally fucks her husband in a voyeuristic scene, then everything is fine.

The only time you might want to do a toggle like that is if you want a girl to be like a virgin or something. Even then, a girl can date a guy and still be a virgin that’s for sure.

I apologize for my comment sounding accusatory, I really was just confused. I do appreciate how many steps your making to making sure that the audience is well served. Good job! If you need to ask any questions about writing feel free to contact me through DMs :D

Aliphatic_Lizard

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2019
Ahhh, I see. Hmm, well in that case, I don’t know if you need to go that far. I don’t think anyone is gonna be mad that someone is with someone else before MC as long as nothing is explicitly shown or said.

Example: MC meets a married woman, she’s tired of her husband and MC swoops in. Everyone can assume that the woman has slept with her husband, but as long as you don’t say “Oh man, i can’t wait to be fucked by my husband.” Or she literally fucks her husband in a voyeuristic scene, then everything is fine.

The only time you might want to do a toggle like that is if you want a girl to be like a virgin or something. Even then, a girl can date a guy and still be a virgin that’s for sure.

I apologize for my comment sounding accusatory, I really was just confused. I do appreciate how many steps your making to making sure that the audience is well served. Good job! If you need to ask any questions about writing feel free to contact me through DMs :D
I appreciate your input. Trying to figure out how I need to describe things on this post has been a minor project of its own (as you can see from the first 3 pages or so of the forum). The toggle is there because of the explicitly shown or not. A good example of what may have inspired this for me was kind of summertime saga's Maria and Tony. The
type of choice.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Larry2000

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Calling the wrong paths here on the pure path. Even though I have lez enabled MC went to karaoke and right after Elara tells him he should come over again. Should do a check for pure path ("kara" I think it is) before you do a check for orgy or lez. From how the scenes are prioritized I imagine the same continuity error would happen if someone had orgy enabled but lez disabled, although I don't have a save like that to double check.

saiko422

Nov 13, 2021
I appreciate your input. Trying to figure out how I need to describe things on this post has been a minor project of its own (as you can see from the first 3 pages or so of the forum). The toggle is there because of the explicitly shown or not. A good example of what may have inspired this for me was kind of summertime saga's Maria and Tony. The
type of choice.
I want to ask that MC's GF will not be shared. "GF" here only counts his current girlfriend or all the girls in his harem? And some "special" girls like the MC's sisters before they were added to the MC's harem, will they be shared or not? By "special" I mean having feelings for the MC or having a close relationship or something like that.
Edit: I'm asking about sharing with other males. I'm okay with sharing with other women

Last edited:

Aliphatic_Lizard

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2019
I want to ask that MC's GF will not be shared. "GF" here only counts his current girlfriend or all the girls in his harem? And some "special" girls like the MC's sisters before they were added to the MC's harem, will they be shared or not? By "special" I mean having feelings for the MC or having a close relationship or something like that.
Edit: I'm asking about sharing with other males. I'm okay with sharing with other women
The unpaired will NEVER be shared (sisters/childhood friends, Taylor, Jamie, etc). If a married woman (such as Katrina) ever leaves their husband, the husband is out of the story.

Aliphatic_Lizard

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2019
Calling the wrong paths here on the pure path. Even though I have lez enabled MC went to karaoke and right after Elara tells him he should come over again. Should do a check for pure path ("kara" I think it is) before you do a check for orgy or lez. From how the scenes are prioritized I imagine the same continuity error would happen if someone had orgy enabled but lez disabled, although I don't have a save like that to double check.
I think i may have gotten lost in the sauce here. umm so if lez is enabled, but you take the pure path, you go to karoke. i need to check about lez disabled corrupt path. I will have to check on this a bit harder later i think

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I think i may have gotten lost in the sauce here. umm so if lez is enabled, but you take the pure path, you go to karoke. i need to check about lez disabled corrupt path. I will have to check on this a bit harder later i think
With lez disabled you get the karaoke on corruption path, since the orgy has lesbian content. If you have orgy enabled and lez disabled you'll get the karaoke path as well, but the game checks for if orgy variable is active first. So if you have orgy active, lez disabled you go to karaoke and Elara will comment about how MC was at her place the night before.
So basically
pure is karaoke
corruption+lez+orgy is orgy
corruption+lez is threesome
corruption with no lez is karaoke, even with orgy enabled.
Script for the conversation from my screenshot checks for orgy variable first, then it checks for lez variable, then if both are false it defaults to the karaoke discussion. Since it only checks for the orgy variable and not whether you actually go to the orgy or not it'll give the wrong discussion if orgy is enabled and lez isn't.

It looks like turning lez off, starting the pure path with the Taylor choice and then switching to corruption path with the Elara discussion right after also breaks the lez toggle. Elara and Sarah won't fool around in the office but you'll still end up doing the threesome with lesbian content, or the full orgy if that's enabled, at her apartment that way. Should probably add a condition to
corruption choice so you can't select it unless lez is enabled.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
type of choice.
I can respect it. One word of warning. Details are good when asked, especially on this forum. But you were so specific with certain wordings that it confused me.

Haha, the example is what I responded to about guys being present for orgies. It raises more questions because one part (only sharing with women) is more specific and the other part (men and orgies) are less specific and feel like a contradiction.

I had a similar issue with my game when I was talking about a cheating ex girlfriend character, her story was reworked a lot at a certain point but people kept that narrative for a while because one part was super direct (NO NTR) and the other part (Cheating exgirlfriend) questioned the other.

I assumed that saying the NO NTR EVER was enough, and I should have been, but people can be skittish with tags, as I’m VERY much the same haha.

Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: Aliphatic_Lizard

Aliphatic_Lizard

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2019
I can respect it. One word of warning. Details are good when asked, especially on this forum. But you were so specific with certain wordings that it confused me.

Haha, the example is what I responded to about guys being present for orgies. It raises more questions because one part (only sharing with women) is more specific and the other part (men and orgies) are less specific and feel like a contradiction.

I had a similar issue with my game when I was talking about a cheating ex girlfriend character, her story was reworked a lot at a certain point but people kept that narrative for a while because one part was super direct (NO NTR) and the other part (Cheating exgirlfriend) questioned the other.

I assumed that saying the NO NTR EVER was enough, and I should have been, but people can be skittish with tags, as I’m VERY much the same haha.

Good luck!
oh geez yeaaaaaa. It's been a ride. tagging stuff on here has been a fucking nightmare, cuz you can KNOW what stuff means IRL, but all tags are from the POV of the MC. I get it tho.

• Red Heart

Aliphatic_Lizard

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2019
With lez disabled you get the karaoke on corruption path, since the orgy has lesbian content. If you have orgy enabled and lez disabled you'll get the karaoke path as well, but the game checks for if orgy variable is active first. So if you have orgy active, lez disabled you go to karaoke and Elara will comment about how MC was at her place the night before.
So basically
pure is karaoke
corruption+lez+orgy is orgy
corruption+lez is threesome
corruption with no lez is karaoke, even with orgy enabled.
Script for the conversation from my screenshot checks for orgy variable first, then it checks for lez variable, then if both are false it defaults to the karaoke discussion. Since it only checks for the orgy variable and not whether you actually go to the orgy or not it'll give the wrong discussion if orgy is enabled and lez isn't.

It looks like turning lez off, starting the pure path with the Taylor choice and then switching to corruption path with the Elara discussion right after also breaks the lez toggle. Elara and Sarah won't fool around in the office but you'll still end up doing the threesome with lesbian content, or the full orgy if that's enabled, at her apartment that way. Should probably add a condition to
corruption choice so you can't select it unless lez is enabled.
THANK YOU! this is incredibly descriptive and allows me places to cook. So sadly there is unavoidable lez in the orgy, so I made the karaoke scene as a catch all for anything where the tags wouldn't work. This shines huge light on a problem i will have in the very near future of no lez + no trap cuz Roy/Roxie and Brianna couldn't exist without atleast one.

corrupt vs pure at the moment have a few variable states within it. I have those to pull upon later on. a good example of this would be if you choose not to get blown in the changing room with Katrina, then she has a slightly more negative opinion of you.

for the point about the Elara mentioning the night before at the start of the new chapter, I did a dumb where I used variable states for the choices (which would have worked if it wasn't a spaghetti chart to see where you would go based on those exact variables) instead of using event tailored variables to go in the right place.

lastly, what menu are you using for the screenshots? it would help so much when i start getting errors.

You have been an INCREDIBLE help to me in this early learning process for all of this. I am so gratful that there is someone like you in this community that is willing to help.

Nobles

Apr 15, 2022
Im only fairly still in the beginning.. But Elara showing up out of nonwhere and then some reason your "girlfriend" starts listening her like some kinda slave. Even has the MC obeying her commands with no question, Then she just invites them to a party and the girlfriend says you have no choice? It all just seems really off putting. Like why does the school nurse do all this out of left field ? I though the MC was getting powers with the gifts from the divines, but its nothing of the sort here. Hes done nothing except get a tatoo. But I suppose his gift did something to Taylor, but nothing explains the rest, Only really good thing I see so far, its the options to choose "yeah lets fuck" and do it.

Then getting to the party, its not really as fun when the husbands accept giving their wives away. Theres no thrill if your not stealing them, or turning them against their husbands. This is like easy mode.

Its just my thoughts. It just feels so hastily put together, even if the game just started. Entertaining sure, but doesnt feel interesting to get into. Especially story wise or development.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt, just my thoughts. But I feel like this could be much better. First impression isnt that great.

"edit

Last edited:

Nobles

Apr 15, 2022
And just another thought. maybe my evil side talking.. but wouldnt it be interesting if it gets revealed, the demon had consumed the nurses life and replaced her :3 Super dark .. and hawt. All to be close the the MC :3 . Would make sense how they go so close, so fast.

Was also a line of reference in there, she it implied the demon was the one that accidently killed him. an opps moment, im not suppose to kill you Opens up the idea, shes taken more lives.

5mithers

Aug 3, 2019
You probably must use more than 1 letter to define your character...
"r" is used for Roxie, for Ria and for Roy.
Honestly one of the most common mistakes I see with Ren'py episodic games. Dev keeps pushing forward while forgetting what is already in use, and ends up overwriting the variables for character definitions.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote