4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
Heroien Adventures 2 [v14] Compressed (UnTested)

Win/Linux/Mac (2.3 GB/ ~1 GB) : ,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Cooldude17

Mar 17, 2019
Cool changelog that tells us nothing about the update or if there even really is one. Hope OP figures out what changes they made.

circuitarity

Jul 3, 2019
Just a quick point for those complaining about "abandoned" projects...
When a multi-million dollar company discovers a "parody" game where the maker is using a platform like Patreon or Subscribestar to get money from supporters, even though they are not charging for the game releases, the company might find it cheaper to launch 1000 frivolous unwinnable lawsuits at a small cost to themselves which prevent the game dev from having time to continue development rather. Most devs simply give up when they face this kind of malicious activity because they simply can't afford to keep trying and all the fun is simply gone from the development of the game.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Just a quick point for those complaining about "abandoned" projects...
When a multi-million dollar company discovers a "parody" game where the maker is using a platform like Patreon or Subscribestar to get money from supporters, even though they are not charging for the game releases, the company might find it cheaper to launch 1000 frivolous unwinnable lawsuits at a small cost to themselves which prevent the game dev from having time to continue development rather. Most devs simply give up when they face this kind of malicious activity because they simply can't afford to keep trying and all the fun is simply gone from the development of the game.
Parodies are protected under the fair use law. It's using the created work for the commentary, not stealing it's likeness. A lot of devs seem to like to use it a an excuse to just bail on their projects. As for Patreon, that's the biggest loop hole there is. Every dev can say "I'm not selling copywriter material, I'm being paid for my creative processes."

circuitarity

Jul 3, 2019
Parodies are protected under the fair use law. It's using the created work for the commentary, not stealing it's likeness. A lot of devs seem to like to use it a an excuse to just bail on their projects. As for Patreon, that's the biggest loop hole there is. Every dev can say "I'm not selling copywriter material, I'm being paid for my creative processes."
My point is to ask how many times at even $5k a pop from the original owners to launch a law suit every day (and lets say $20k for a lawyer) and change 1 word in each suit just to make it not count as malicious prosecution before a dev decides it's easier to give up rather than continue the fight? I am certain you are right about a percentage of devs playing the "I'm tired of this" card however big companies making millions off each character they own can and will spend a percentage of the profits against anyone copying the character to try and stop it.
I agree Shame on any Dev who uses it as an excuse to simply quit a project instead of going the truth route of "I am unhappy with this project and will try again with a new game of a similar nature".
Oh and "the fair use law" is quite easy to challenge for a multi-million dollar company even if it takes 5 million dollars a month when the company is making 50 million just to quash that whole legal right to parody. Very few devs have time or money to continue when a company puts it's financial muscles to stop them and then offers a "cease production and we will stop taking you to court" agreement.

• Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
My point is to ask how many times at even $5k a pop from the original owners to launch a law suit every day (and lets say $20k for a lawyer) and change 1 word in each suit just to make it not count as malicious prosecution before a dev decides it's easier to give up rather than continue the fight? I am certain you are right about a percentage of devs playing the "I'm tired of this" card however big companies making millions off each character they own can and will spend a percentage of the profits against anyone copying the character to try and stop it.
I agree Shame on any Dev who uses it as an excuse to simply quit a project instead of going the truth route of "I am unhappy with this project and will try again with a new game of a similar nature".
Oh and "the fair use law" is quite easy to challenge for a multi-million dollar company even if it takes 5 million dollars a month when the company is making 50 million just to quash that whole legal right to parody. Very few devs have time or money to continue when a company puts it's financial muscles to stop them and then offers a "cease production and we will stop taking you to court" agreement.
Sure, but the chances of a company actually taking the time to go after some random Patreon because they are making a parody out of their material is unlikely at best. I'm sure it's happened but I have a hard time believing that it's the witch hunt many people try and make it out to be. Either way I doubt it's a case of harassment when it comes to this one. This particular dev's track record isn't exactly stellar.

NutInShell

Dec 1, 2019
Any of it would be impossible here anyways.. Those characters don't belong to a company but an artist thus you can see many companies bying rights for comics movies animations ect.. Each falls into different category of copywrights. Not to mention that this dev did it twice with the same character lol

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
Parodies are protected under the fair use law. It's using the created work for the commentary, not stealing it's likeness.
People say this all the time, completely ignorant of how fair use actually works. It's a courtroom defense. Meaning it's not a "get out of being sued free" card - just by invoking, you're admitting you committed a form of copyright infringement, but asserting it's okay that you did because xyz. It maybe gets you out of being found liable for the infringement, if your lawyer can convince the judge/jury that what you did actually counts as fair use. Even if it works, you're still gonna be spending weeks or months in court and still on the hook for court costs and attorney's fees. For the vast majority of people finding themselves in this situation, going up against a corporation with more money than god willing to throw as much as they need at lawyers just to prove a point, following the cease-and-desist order is by far the better option, even if they're in the right.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
People say this all the time, completely ignorant of how fair use actually works. It's a courtroom defense. Meaning it's not a "get out of being sued free" card - just by invoking, you're admitting you committed a form of copyright infringement, but asserting it's okay that you did because xyz. It maybe gets you out of being found liable for the infringement, if your lawyer can convince the judge/jury that what you did actually counts as fair use. Even if it works, you're still gonna be spending weeks or months in court and still on the hook for court costs and attorney's fees. For the vast majority of people finding themselves in this situation, going up against a corporation with more money than god willing to throw as much as they need at lawyers just to prove a point, following the cease-and-desist order is by far the better option, even if they're in the right.
I never said it was a cure-all. And even if all of what you said is true it still doesn't change the fact that the company is still very unlikely to go hound Joe Shmoe on Patreon. They gain nothing from it in the end. It would be like if they went after you personally because you happen to be using there copyrighted character as an avatar in an adult forum. Or just because you didn't get permission use it first.

mijati

Dec 7, 2019
maybe u update the OP with the correct date .. rlease date is not ?????? it is Mar 17, 2021
easy to see when u look at the first posting ... 2 years no update no nothing. and abendonned tag..
seems like the dev needs money and trys to scam via paetron again

nb8

Jul 22, 2017
not surprised that the game is abandoned, the game has good models, but there is no gameplay, in fact it is a very simple visual novel with a bad plot and an unpopular genre, female main character

sserobinsse

Sep 6, 2017
maybe u update the OP with the correct date .. rlease date is not ?????? it is Mar 17, 2021
easy to see when u look at the first posting ... 2 years no update no nothing. and abendonned tag..
seems like the dev needs money and trys to scam via paetron again
is site got the update today so the thread got updated today with the updated version of the game it does not really matter if the version was release 2 year ago when is thread got updated today with the new version aka a "improved" version form the one that already was here

of course usually we used to get a new version pretty close to the release of it but is game for some reason have been harder to get a updated version of in "time"

edit: today 2023-04-17: did see that they have put release date 2023-??-?? i don't know why but some up loaders and perhaps "MODS" have started awhile back change the release that so it is the same as thread update but you can depending on when the game did arrive here knows that it its release date is wrong like some games where that was released in 2012 says in the tread as a example release date 2023-03-24 but first comment is on the threads creation the games release date (original) 2012-02-12 so i don't understand why they changes the release date at all if it is not to update it to its real release date

i guess i can understand if some devs EA (early access ) version of they game did get release here that it updates when the game gets to its release date aka when it is off EA (early access) but i don't think it exist any devs here that use EA(early access) at all

can also add it was not the dev that "gave" us the new update we did just not have the update before and someone did "acquire" update and choose to share it here so that the update finally could come here

can also add as a final note did make is edit because i notice you was talking about release date in is thread (bad thing writing reply's late at night)

Last edited:

mijati

Dec 7, 2019
So was this updated to inform people it was abandoned or was an already abandoned game uploaded? I've been seeing a lot of that stuff lately. At this rate the whole site is just going to be abandoned games.
it is because noone cares ..
devs can freely upload any shit here ..there are some spezial devs that scam, some others uploading tons of game with different names to spread backdoor shit and than rleasing players IP in public. and threaten them, other devs just spam games here with 100 different names , just to push there 100 paetron sides incomming....
noone gives a fuck here.
iam lhere in the forum since 4 years ... nothing changed in this 4 years

Reactions: Sombramain22
Nov 19, 2022
b
it is because noone cares ..
devs can freely upload any shit here ..there are some spezial devs that scam, some others uploading tons of game with different names to spread backdoor shit and than rleasing players IP in public. and threaten them, other devs just spam games here with 100 different names , just to push there 100 paetron sides incomming....
noone gives a fuck here.
iam lhere in the forum since 4 years ... nothing changed in this 4 years
What do you mean with background shit?

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
The dev's previous VN/game (which I haven't played) had a rape tag. This one needs one too. For some of us rape is a deal breaker.

Reactions: JimmyJazz69

Pa3uk

Jul 22, 2017
It's trolling every time create NEW game ver. and Abandoned old? -_-

mijati

Dec 7, 2019
b

What do you mean with background shit?
over 1 year ago there was a dev , whos game catched the IPs of the players who DL the game here in the forum.
the dev threatenes to release the IPs into public. and he did...
the admins here after a hugh diskusion and shit blacked out the IPs .. but never banned the dev after all.. he is still sporeading his bullshit arround trying to blackmail users....
i have to make a deep search here to find it again if needed.

Reactions: Irad and Cotytto

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
The dev's previous VN/game (which I haven't played) had a rape tag. This one needs one too. For some of us rape is a deal breaker.
Report it, don't comment about it. There aren't enough moderators to actively monitor every thread; if you have a concern like this, the report button is as much for that sort of thing as for dealing with trolls. Report the OP, for the report type pick "other", and then in the comment field type "missing tag - rape".

Reactions: circuitarity
4.70 star(s) 3 Votes