4.20 star(s) 15 Votes

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Oh it's not about the command list, it's about map_tools.map.
The guide only said "Open it when the game is run" and then sure I try it; I open the game and then go to Windows and open the map_tools.map file and the only thing showing is Windows asked which app should be use to open this file.

Fortunately the original poster give more clearer guides just now and it's works perfectly.
Ooh, you tried opening the map file from OUTSIDE the game. Apologies - that thought never even crossed my mind, what with it being listed right after maptool commands you can only use IN the game. "The most basic thing for you is not the most basic thing for everyone" in action.:cry:

Apr 13, 2023
Ooh, you tried opening the map file from OUTSIDE the game.
I open the game and then go to Windows and open the map_tools.map file and the only thing showing is Windows asked which app should be use to open this file.
I open the game and then open file map_tools.map and Windows asked which app needs to open
(do note that last two quotes are from different posts)
Gentlemen, I'm glad that rapiers are not needed today - but a pair of glasses became mandatory instead...

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
What do you mean by "Nothing really wrong . . .
That was banter, an insult in exchange for an insult.

I should also state the obvious here, there's nothing about my original post that classifies it as a "guide".
It's just a list of console commands with a few pointers.

You correct that the wording is slightly vague.

However.. any common sense would indicate that a custom file extension 'map file' would not be a standard Windows program you can simply double click. The console command for "m_load" must do something, right?

And best of luck with making actual maps. If you thought loading a map file was complicated, just wait until you actually try to make a proper map with stages, units, quests, dialogue, etc. I wrote over 2,200 lines of json code for my first map. Never truly finished it, wasn't happy with how it was turning out.

Just for the record, nobody here is going to be upset with you for asking questions.
Be humble and respectful, I assure you it would have been reciprocated.

Mi China+

Jun 20, 2019
That was banter, an insult in exchange for an insult.

I should also state the obvious here, there's nothing about my original post that classifies it as a "guide".
It's just a list of console commands with a few pointers.

You correct that the wording is slightly vague.

However.. any common sense would indicate that a custom file extension 'map file' would not be a standard Windows program you can simply double click. The console command for "m_load" must do something, right?

And best of luck with making actual maps. If you thought loading a map file was complicated, just wait until you actually try to make a proper map with stages, units, quests, dialogue, etc. I wrote over 2,200 lines of json code for my first map. Never truly finished it, wasn't happy with how it was turning out.

Just for the record, nobody here is going to be upset with you for asking questions.
Be humble and respectful, I assure you it would have been reciprocated.
I once play a game that has similar like this, even though the file extension isn't standard windows program the game automatically detected it when I try to open, so I thought this is also same.
I don't really created a new map, I just editing the existing one.

And yeah sorry for before and thanks :3

Apr 13, 2023
DrinkFromTheCup Given that you failed to read the very first post that started the aforementioned conversation, I am inclined to agree.
What am I supposed to see there?
A slightly krangled wording which could be rectified without channeling one's inner drama queen?
We can keep cluttering this theme with useless arguing.
Or we can do something to improve this situation for those who sill try to figure it on their own after us.

Not if that I'm really upset or something. I'm mildly annoyed by the fact that all that claptrap clogs not only this theme but also my (and any other potential subscriber)'s notification log.
If you're really into going personal with someone, get a room or something. Don't use public themes for that.

4.20 star(s) 15 Votes