4.20 star(s) 15 Votes
Apr 13, 2023
Do note that if you'll simply override old boss stats (with uniqueness) with new boss stats (without uniqueness = capturable), the game might occasionally start crashing at random.
Happened to me with mods which either tried to override goblins or just had their files from vanilla game included due to some oversight.
Make a completely new character entry with unique uid (and name, if possible) to avoid that. Or hope for the best.
Which, by extent, would probably mean separate level with separate level generation as I don't remember any convenient method of sticking new enemies into existing dungeons (except outrignt modifying vanilla game's files)...

eugeneloza

Jan 2, 2022
hey guys,how do you install the mods for the game?for example like the mystery dungeon
Technically you just copy them into the data folder. Note: don't create additional subfolders, so that things like 000_eternal_dungeons_new go into data. Then they should automatically load when you run the game, you'll notice that during the loadscreen - it will now take longer and will blink the items from the mods you've installed. Some mods/enemies/items will immediately appear in your areas list/game content, some will need some conditions to unlock.

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
So anyone already figured out how to use Mapping tools "map_tools.map" file?
This post is useless and worthless guides I never seen before, lazy person.
Nothing really wrong with the post. I'm more inclined to believe that you lack any patience in learning or reading.

I think the issue you originally had was actually loading the file. " m_load - opens a prompt to load a map from a folder."

So here, if you can't follow this, nobody here can help you.

Create a new folder in the base game folder, title it "maps" or whatever you want. Take map_tools.map, and drag it into the new folder. Open the game, make sure console is enabled in the settings. Start game. Open console, type m_load, which will open a Windows prompt box to open the map file. Navigate to the new folder you created, and double click the map_tools file, which will load the map in-game. Once you are in, grab all of the items within the chest. These items must be equipped onto the hot bar to be used.

Next, create a new map with m_create # #, try m_create 100 100, or 25 25, or whatever. Now you can start mapping, and experimenting with the tools.

While the mapping tools provided by enlit are lackluster at best, they are totally functional. You need some practice to set it up and actually use them though. It's very reminiscent of Cube 2: Sauerbraten and Minecraft.

Best of luck.

Reactions: SurverX

Mi China+

Jun 20, 2019
Nothing really wrong with the post. I'm more inclined to believe that you lack any patience in learning or reading.

I think the issue you originally had was actually loading the file. " m_load - opens a prompt to load a map from a folder."

Create a new folder in the base game folder, title it "maps" or whatever you want. Take map_tools.map, and drag it into the new folder. Open the game, make sure console is enabled in the settings. Start game. Open console, type m_load, which will open a Windows prompt box to open the map file. Navigate to the new folder you created, and double click the map_tools file, which will load the map in-game. Once you are in, grab all of the items within the chest. These items must be equipped onto the hot bar to be used.

Next, create a new map with m_create # #, try m_create 100 100, or 25 25, or whatever. Now you can start mapping, and experimenting with the tools.

While the mapping tools provided by enlit are lackluster at best, they are totally functional. You need some practice to set it up and actually use them though. It's very reminiscent of Cube 2: Sauerbraten and Minecraft.

Best of luck.
I see, now this is a proper and tidy guides that I love so much.
Not like the original poster Prick gives "And open it while in game, and take the items in the chest.", this is lazy and worthless guides.

Thank you very much !!

Edit: Oh you're the one who post the original post, well... Next time it's better explain everything without leaving people hanging

Mi China+

Jun 20, 2019

Best of luck.
What do you mean by "Nothing really wrong with the post. I'm more inclined to believe that you lack any patience in learning or reading."?

Is "And open it while in game, and take the items in the chest." clear and understand for new player? This isn't even a guide, it's laziness.

Mi China+

Jun 20, 2019
We load the map file via m_load command, grab the items from the chest and then use the tools by equipping them like weapons/armor.

I guess the irony is lost on you.
Nah, the irony isn't in me but the original poster.
Try to do what the guides said and you'll go nowhere

SurverX

Jun 3, 2018
Not like the original poster Prick gives "And open it while in game, and take the items in the chest.", this is lazy and worthless guides.

Thank you very much !!

Edit: Oh you're the one who post the original post, well... Next time it's better explain everything without leaving people hanging
Man, you are a f****** a**h**e!
You repeately insult someone who volunteers to help. I can hardly believe your rudeness.
How many briliant tutorials do you have created?

Reactions: 王昭烈

Tsugumi

Oct 16, 2018
Try to do what the guides said and you'll go nowhere
My reply to you came after trying the modding tool for literally the first time ever, before that I have never even used any user-created mods, let alone tried to mod any aspect of the game myself. After using that "useless and worthless" guide, no less. If anything, I am surprised the command list works at all considering the version it was last updated for (which was before even the versioning format change).

You are clearly in no need of help - you keep operating in vague terms without EVER specifying what exactly it is you are trying to achieve via map tools function -, or, for example, "where I am supposed to get instead of nowhere" - thus leaving wiggle room for semantics.

Seeing how you posted the proof yourself, I feel inclined to once again remark how the irony seems to be lost on you:

Thank you very much !!

Mi China+

Jun 20, 2019
My reply to you came after trying the modding tool for literally the first time ever, before that I have never even used any user-created mods, let alone tried to mod any aspect of the game myself. After using that "useless and worthless" guide, no less. If anything, I am surprised the command list works at all considering the version it was last updated for (which was before even the versioning format change).

You are clearly in no need of help - you keep operating in vague terms without EVER specifying what exactly it is you are trying to achieve via map tools function -, or, for example, "where I am supposed to get instead of nowhere" - thus leaving wiggle room for semantics.

Seeing how you posted the proof yourself, I feel inclined to once again remark how the irony seems to be lost on you:
Oh it's not about the command list, it's about map_tools.map.
The guide only said "Open it when the game is run" and then sure I try it; I open the game and then go to Windows and open the map_tools.map file and the only thing showing is Windows asked which app should be use to open this file.

Fortunately the original poster give more clearer guides just now and it's works perfectly.

Mi China+

Jun 20, 2019
Man, you are a f****** a**h**e!
You repeately insult someone who volunteers to help. I can hardly believe your rudeness.
How many briliant tutorials do you have created?
Oh it's not a hate, it's 100% care.
I'm sure many confused by this and none of them talking about it.

4.20 star(s) 15 Votes