Ren'Py - Abandoned - Hero's Harem Guild [v0.1.2.3b Public] [Komisari]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Serajim

Literally the best I have played so far. Excellent story, good characters, the animations are very good, all excellent. Before playing it I read in the comments that the fishing system was very tedious, and yes, it is a bit tedious but it is not so bad. The game on my computer is a bit slow but it's because my laptop is a bit old, but I also played the android version and it works fine. 10/10 (y) . I look forward to the new version
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Viole Eleonora

good game and these girl are perfect made with different personality.My favorite goes to Luna and MC archer friend.

the story are unpredictable and wait for more character development from these girls toward MC.

the only advice from me is need some extra lewd effect ....thanks for this masterpiece.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

DogManSalad

No really, play this. I'm a jaded, cynical bastard who has lost all hope for this world. And yet, I find myself undeniably emotionally invested in this game. I thought the characters were attractive, so more or less downloaded on a whim to check it out. Played through all the content, and I'm now into the story so much I'd be playing it if it was non-nudity. Without hyperbole, I can say that I've laughed, I've cried, and smiled more in this game than any other in my life (not just limited to h games either). Play it. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Also, the sex scenes seem to be designed to extract my soul through my dick. If this game was a woman, she would be able to suck the moon through a straw.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Peter the Great

I haven’t finished this game yet so I will update this when I do. So far, Every character is great and the game really does seem to hit the g-spot in respects to the story and the sex scenes. my only critique of this is that the models look kinda ugly but that is to be expecting this early in development.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Pale13

Great game, great story writing, even though there are few sex scenes compare to other similar games, the story writing lifts up the game quality. The animations are a bit laggy every time you do some actions but considering the game is in early stage it is still amazing and can be improve. Also the dev is easy to reach and very vocal about his/her game. Keep up the good work
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Derp Network

Review 0.1.1 Public

Amazing, very good girl veriaty, good models, nice animations, i just hope the game gives us good updates in the future. Nothing that bother me at all so far, keep up the good work.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

noahnoal

What a gem! The art style is nice, the characters have interesting and distinguished personalities, and above all the story is superb. I was hooked right from the introduction, and played several hours non-stop until the end of the current version. This is surely a high quality, beautiful VN made with dedication, a total 5/5 from me.

The only thing I would change in this game is the fishing mechanic - reeling is such a pain, but this point is minor.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Mofoga

The game has everything a good adult game should have.

Good story (I've read every dialogue wich is something I almost never do, but the story was somehow really touching)
    good animations
    lovely characters

excellent game over all!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

klitbutter

Beautiful, hot, and pretty funny. Literally the best vn so far on this site. The interaction, the scenes... ALL OF IT. All I can be cautious of now is the creator following through... But for now I will be supporting on patreon.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

WSmith

Humor, sex, adventure, likeable characters, all in a great visual novel with some grind here and there. There are some flaws, but the animations and writing makes up for it. And each update (so far) has been huuuuuge.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

AnotherAnonymousUser12

(As of 0.1.1 publc release)

Preface:
    If you're here wondering about the H-scenes, find another review. I'll just say they have been a bonus that compliments the gameplay.

tl;dr:
    If you're here for the story and character interactions, definitely give this a shot. If you're here for quick access fap material, maybe not the game for you (for now).

Review:
    Even at this point in development, there is a good amount of content (I was a bit skeptical at first with the almost 7GB download).

The introduction sets the story for the game wonderfully with the blend of the usual "how'd did we get to this point" plot overview and comedic moments that I personally found amusing. Comedy is going to be hit/miss depending on preference and for me it has been a hit thus far; you'll know within the intro if you feel the same way.

I have given it 5 stars as of v0.1.1 public release because the developer has done a great job based on what the game is intended to be. It's not overly complex, you can be with all of the girls (as the title suggests, obviously) without having to choose, world/story building is on track to be good, and the reoccurring characters have their own unique personality and traits. I have my girl biases yes, but I don't hate any of them.

As other reviews have suggested, the grind to progress to the next 'cinematic scene' is a bit on the tedious side, but that shouldn't drive people away. We're still in the early stages, from what I can tell, so improvement is possible.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

RavenRW

Loved it. Cant wait for some more story. I liked most the characters so far, and i dont hate any of them so thats a big plus. I hope the gallery gets updated in the next few patches and some new clothing options would be a nice addition.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

clax

I have played as far as I could and can't wait for more updates, I can say it has a good story with some funny moments, but let's be real were here for the girls and I must say the dialogue is pretty well done making them all unique, there is some over the top stupid jokes in it that will make you chuckle more than once, I whole heartedly recommend it.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Bergizzle98

Came for the Girls, Stayed for Bromance with Jimmy, Came for the girls....

Great game with alot of story and detail. funny moments and deep delving plot into each character. started the game and couldnt stop until i finished the current update. there is alot of content which can keep you going for hours on end. Looking forward to the rest of the game.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1697433

Why do we play games? It's a question I often find myself asking after browsing through what seems like page upon page upon page of the same old recycled material that we've all essentially grown immune to over the years on not only F95 but virtually ever adult gaming website. In fact, it's almost necessary to sort through oceans of litter to find a single gem nowadays. And while there is plenty of fap-worthy material out there, I've found that there aren't many games that fill the first requirement of, well, why we play games in the first place -- to have fun. And so, let me just come out and set the stage for the rest of the review in saying that Hero's Harem Guild is fucking fun.

Of course, that's not to say it's perfect. Few things are in life. And while the game does have its issues, the high points of it vastly outshine them. The attentiveness of addressing and fixing these issues, based on just the last two updates alone, is good reason to believe that they will be worked out in time, though. For anyone curious, some of these issues include but are not limited to:

- A relatively grind-heavy money-making system that is necessary in order to progress to different parts of the game.
    - A decent amount of mistakes in grammar due to it being written in a language that is not the developer's mother-tongue.
    - Some minor clipping and graphical errors
    - Stuttering and/or lag at various points in the game.

Like I mentioned before, however, there are so many great things about this game that it becomes easy to overlook those cons.

The first twenty or so minutes of Hero's Harem Guild perfectly set the stage for everything to come, a feat not particularly common in games of its projected size and scope. Shortly after being introduced to the protagonist and several supporting characters that we'll run into again later, we find ourselves undertaking a task common to all novice adventurers -- Capturing an overly elusive chicken and using it to barter for an object needed to complete a fetch quest.

And while this event may seem random or strange or whatever you want to call it, it's the perfect summation of what Hero's Harem Guild is meant to be -- a chaotic and frantic rollercoaster ride through all of the things that we love about old school RPGs.

From quest to quest, conversation to conversation, we're battered over the head with how immensely ridiculous everything in this world is meant to be. And while some people may cite that hyper exaggeration as a weak point, I want to reinforce the idea that it's anything but.

In order for the characters in HHG to function properly in their setting, the world needs to be hyper exaggerated. You need characters like Jimmy, a mysterious knight functioning as what I'd call the lead comic relief of the game..And characters like Evie, a twin-tailed mute girl with masochistic perversions who gets turned on by being hit in the head with a literal frying pan.

This is the type of shit that sets this game apart from others. The sheer absurdity of the sense of humor in Hero's Harem Guild is not only atypical when compared to others in the genre, but unique as a whole even when you stop confining it to that. It's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read in the best way possible. And when you start factoring in how long it takes to properly develop relationships with the characters in this world, it becomes even more.

HHG is a game that evolves alongside the player. You're dropped into a world with barely any understanding of what's going on around you, and wind up needing to lean on others for assistance in terms of adapting. So not only is it fun, but it's...kind of realistic in the weirdest fucking way possible. It's actually sort of interesting how the only thing that isn't hyper-exaggerated in the game is the progression of relationships, which is actually rather slow in the grand scheme of things.

But, all things considered, what really matters here is how god damn fun everything is. Even the grind-heavy parts of the game where you find yourself sitting in front of a pond and waving your fist at the sky any time a Danee fish shows up take on a greater meaning when you realize where that grind will eventually get you. This game isn't meant to be a form of instant gratification, it's meant to be a world that players want to come back to and want to watch expand. And that's something I've seldom experienced when it comes to western VNs.

So yeah, you should play Hero's Harem Guild. Not because it's the most properly optimized or original game out there, but because it's fucking fun. And, to get back to my original question, that is why we play games.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

ttsheng33

Ver0.1.1 public

Pros:
    -Nice story
    *Warm and can make you cry
    *Full of mystery(wait it to be solve)
    *Romantic

-High quality render
    -Many girls with different personalities

Cons:
    -Grinding is too much for affection
    -Empty world ( because it is early version)
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Chungus_Bungus

This is like the first game I have reviewed on here and it's amazing so far. Every character is great and the game really does seem to hit that sweet spot of providing the story that happens to have sex in it. Nothing feels too convoluted and full of dumb dialogue fluff like other games. Cannot wait for future updates!
  18. 1.00 star(s)

Sole

Amount of content
    Not much, honestly it's tremendously bloated in terms of filesize sure but in terms of actual content there are some short scenes and a really slow gameplay loop with a ton of grinding but not much else.

"Gameplay" - aka: mindless repetitive clicking
    Basically you just hunt down the location of specific characters at specific times of day and hang out a LOT until you "progress" aka:get a really short scene that typically doesn't have any excuse for requiring the grind, and fishing/mining(the fishing minigame is not fun but provides way more money quicker than bothering with the guild at all, mining just isn't worth bothering with aside from collecting a material that you have no other way of getting).

Graphics
    honestly I like them quite a lot aside from the MC and the male monsters, and feel that it's the ONLY consistently good part of this game

Story writing/world building
    bad from beginning to end but consistently gets worse as the game goes on. Basically a good slice of life pretending to be an epic tale in the making but failing miserably at it. The home of the "inept" mary sue heir to a family line of "heroes"(completely arbitrary label the creator decided to vilify all members of, in order to have to have conflict without putting in any effort, (initially implied to mean master martial artists that assume the role of guardians, so basically champions, that sometimes become defacto rulers due to the dangerous setting, but nope actually heroes are just arrogant old men in they're position thanks to racism/sexism and can be easily foregone/supplemented by any male human.) gets targeted by a demon due the mc's heritage, but the mc isn't home so the fight betwean the rest of the inhabitants and the demon gets drawn out to a cliffside where the mc shows up to try to save them as a result he falls off the side and wakes up at the feet of his would be enslavers which promptly beat him up but he gets saved by the town tinkerer due to her interest in the fact that he had equipment that showed signs of having been used to fight a demon and desire to have a new hero and to re-establish the guild, then the mc spends a lot of time piecing together the guild something incredibly easy to do, and fishing a LOT to save up money to fund the establishment of the guild it takes barely any money, and enough to get home, eventually the people of the town he ended up in get attached to him and get offended that he dares still want to return to his family despite him from the beginning making it clear that his only real goal was to get home he'd help out if he could in the mean time in order to not be a burden and to mutually benefit but he had no intent to stay especially since he was clearly not needed there but as he's about to leave it turns out there's no need his family was coincidentally moving to where he is now because they were forced to leave by the hero further vilifying the hero label and avoiding having to deal with the only real conflict present so far what happens when the time comes for the mc to leave, nothing because he doesn't actually leave.

character writing
    cute models and cute interactions plus random out of nowhere sexual interest towards the mc that makes no sense, is basically what you'll see anytime the game isn't trying to add depth to the characters or to the narrative unfortanately when it does try it devolves into shallow tropes crammed into a not very well thought out setting, with no development aside from suddenly out of nowhere a conflict occurs and then it gets resolved in a terribly lazy way that does nothing good for the characters writingwise or it turns out they were just misunderstood and the reality is their not really as their behavior implied thanks to retconning via flashbacks or sudden shifts and character writing that just don't fit with what happenned in earlier segments of the game. (Example of suddenly conflict: a harem member turns out to be inexplicably racist because she calls a character that's messing with her what she typically refers to herself as, the protagonist beats her and tells her she's bad and deserves to be treated badly for repeating what the other girl always says, getting beaten inexplicably turns this girl into a sex addict for the sake of allowing the mc to display his moral superiority by denying her sex, eventually he gets horny and decides to reward her for being a good girl for basically being what she's normally like and at the same time she suddenly becomes sex crazed again in order for his mentality to come off as less deranged and messed up, honestly she should've left already at that point and if she was so desperate been with someone else instead, since aside from the elf which is weird not common relationship to say the least non of them are in a relationship that denotes any kind of exclusivity or right to sex with for thte mc. Other characters tend to just need finding but no one else ever puts in any effort)

Overall opinion:
    A lot of potential just done in the laziest way possible writing wise constantly feeling like it's designed to appeal to kids instead attempting to be good/coherent lots of drama/conflict for no reason other than to have it exist, mechanically not good, a game this small should not take up anywhere near the filsize that it does even taking into account the graphics.

Also, having spent the time writing this review, I feel in hindsight, the creator should've just made jimmy the new fake hero that's just assuming the title for the sake of being able to organize the town better and have him getting used to his new role and when the mc is found then have the mc live as a fisherman trying to get home that befriends the guild maybe have them stay at the guild anyway as a guest that just helps out as a way of repaying the favor towards the newly forming guild instead of having them shoehorned into a position of power, then maybe later the mc makes a name for themselves and becomes a hero on their own merit, not becoming the official guild leader but maybe something like the new town ruler that displaces the current one if she doesn't change her ways(based on her initial personality) or supplements the current(one based on her personality as it is shown in later portions of the game) or just becoming a respected figure forming his guild harem without also becoming their direct boss(would eliminate the need for politics), the relationships he has with most of the other characters would make a lot more sense that way and be much healthier too. It'd remove a lot of the more major issues without really harming the narrative in any way aside from maybe the current ruler being such a bitch towards him early on but let's be honest that wasn't the result of him being the hero since he wasn't yet that when she beat/harassed him and tried to basically make him her slave upon their first meeting, him being a hero was just the only reason he became an untouchable since he had the tinkerer's protection, it was pure xenophobia that motivated her, that's also the main reason for the rest of the town not trusting the new unknown hero, and the guild's reason for the only real fight the mc had with the rest of the cast, he wanted to go look after his family since he knew they needed him and the new town didn't at all, but the harem was outraged because they felt he should abandon his family since they were strangers anyway.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

saviesa

Loved the game!
    Cute characters (absolutely adored Lucy), nice models and interesting gameplay (not the usual graphic novel, it adds an rpg element which I find really appealing).
    I look forward to seeing all further developments.
  20. 3.00 star(s)

Memorin

There is only one thing you need to do when playing this game: turn off the logical side of your brain. Turn it all off, don't - DON'T YOU DARE EVEN THINK ABOUT IT - then maybe you'll survive long enough to actually fap at the girls. Or you'll be too busy combating high blood pressure or cardiac arrest due to the sheer STUPIDITY that is the writing. It is so bad that I cannot in good conscience give it more than 3 stars even though I admittedly did have a good time.