VN Ren'Py Abandoned High Life [Ep. 1 Elite] [Erosion]

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
Really missing the updates we used to get every Monday!
The more complicated the scripts get with differing paths, and the higher the quality of the renders, the further apart our updates will be. It's a matter of man hours and computer processing power with those variables. I'm sure someone could make a linear script with Honey or Manga characters and the dev could pop out updates pretty quick, lol.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
:rolleyes: there are so few variables in these games, they could easily play on a ZX Spectrum, would they be written in Spectrum BASIC. There's really close to zero processing power needed for the game process itself.
The only thing that requires processing power is the 3D art while creating the game and processing those smooth image transitions while running the game.
Man hours is another matter, though.

Reactions: Namco15

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Been over a month since last update hard to be a patron and pay a monthly if not released monthly
Well currently they're on break (Or they were on a break) and they've been upfront that unless they do get more support, they'll have a bi-monthly release plan (Yet they still have patrons willing to support them):

Long-term release plan

Right now we're creating the game with a maximum of two months between releases. Once we gain more support and are able to render faster, we aim to cut that time down, so that we release new Episodes every month.
Obviously, it's ultimately your choice but it's just be a shame not to support them knowing the quality they produce (Especially with rendering) where it's a huge strength but obviously it'd be one of the most time consuming areas.

Reactions: Enyos

vergil414

Nov 11, 2018
want see more things happy to the mom~
it will be much better let the mom wear black stockings or panyhose,anyone agreed with me?

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Agree with you 100%. I'd also add that for me, having different paths increases immersion by making me feel like choices matter.
That can work only if the dev works equal on all paths.Sadly we have way too many examples when 1 route is simply there to say that we have it.

Reactions: Burn85

BonusDuck

Oct 22, 2017
Yeah...

Unlocked
100 Patrons!
So, we've reached 100 Patrons. It's difficult to really say what that means without descending into overly sentimental rubbish, so basically, thank you.
We had no idea if we'd reach this point. It was admittedly scary when we made the decision to start investing so much of our time into High Life, and not knowing whether any of what you do will matter to anyone is daunting. We still have a long way to go, but this is a huge milestone for us, and we're extremely grateful to you for helping us get here. It was a great feeling waking up to our first Patron, and that feeling hasn't waned with every kind message and new face we've encountered since. It means a lot.
So again, from all of us, a thank you, to all one hundred of you.
That's enough of the tender stuff. We've attached a 4000x5000px sneak look at the first draft of how a slightly more mature, popular (if you want to get her there) and sexually active Eleanor will dress around her university dorm room later in the game. Just beginning to veer into slutty territory. Nothing too over the top, but certainly a lot more visibly confident and comfortable in her own skin. This is also a very, very typical outfit amongst university girls in England. Leggings as far as the eye can see. So let us know what you like/dislike about it!
More news tomorrow. If you've sent us a message recently and haven't heard back, we're sorry, please expect a reply shortly.
Rob, Meghan and Chris (Erosion)

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018
Excellent! I’m very glad that this VN has garnered enough praise and attention for them to keep working on it. Judging from what was said in the post, it appears that they’ve also started plotting out much later episodes (possibly a half year or more of content). With that University scene being so far off, has anything been mentioned lately about the date of the next release?

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Yeah...

Unlocked
100 Patrons!
So, we've reached 100 Patrons. It's difficult to really say what that means without descending into overly sentimental rubbish, so basically, thank you.
We had no idea if we'd reach this point. It was admittedly scary when we made the decision to start investing so much of our time into High Life, and not knowing whether any of what you do will matter to anyone is daunting. We still have a long way to go, but this is a huge milestone for us, and we're extremely grateful to you for helping us get here. It was a great feeling waking up to our first Patron, and that feeling hasn't waned with every kind message and new face we've encountered since. It means a lot.
So again, from all of us, a thank you, to all one hundred of you.
That's enough of the tender stuff. We've attached a 4000x5000px sneak look at the first draft of how a slightly more mature, popular (if you want to get her there) and sexually active Eleanor will dress around her university dorm room later in the game. Just beginning to veer into slutty territory. Nothing too over the top, but certainly a lot more visibly confident and comfortable in her own skin. This is also a very, very typical outfit amongst university girls in England. Leggings as far as the eye can see. So let us know what you like/dislike about it!
More news tomorrow. If you've sent us a message recently and haven't heard back, we're sorry, please expect a reply shortly.
Rob, Meghan and Chris (Erosion)
Our angel really is just perfect!!! :love::love:

BonusDuck

Oct 22, 2017
Excellent! I’m very glad that this VN has garnered enough praise and attention for them to keep working on it. Judging from what was said in the post, it appears that they’ve also started plotting out much later episodes (possibly a half year or more of content). With that University scene being so far off, has anything been mentioned lately about the date of the next release?
Sadly no, but I think they were already well into the process of planning/storyboarding episode 2 before 1 was released, so who knows?

Reactions: Enyos

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I'm really glad you're doing well. I love female protag games with fine writing, renders and where you have actual freedom of choice. It's really rare to find such a game on Patreon. I'll surely support you once you have pay upfront option on (that's quite crucial for me). Amazing quality of renders. It's one of those few cases I hope dev will take his time to polish his next update. Keep it up

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes