VN Ren'Py Abandoned High Life [Ep. 1 Elite] [Erosion]

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes

Haise01

Jul 29, 2018
Well if you haven't had the chance to read the last few posts, looks like they're coming back and understandably many people are cautious. If they had personal problems then of course they should deal with that first but @PaulSmackages, could you as a resident patron inform them (When they drop the post about what's happened which we're all assuming they had some personal issues) that they have to communicate better and more frequently like how they used to? Even if it's just a small post saying "We have some issues right now, bear with us" is better than nothing.

I did say I was looking forward to them having the abandoned tag but that's because they needed to learn how much communication matters. I also said they never should have been in that position in the first place and it's good to see that there's something. This is the first time they've dropped new preview renders this year (If I remember right the only posts this year were about the OST but I'm happy to be wrong on that one) so it's good to see them drop proper works and talk about animations too. Maybe it's just me but I'm a lot more positive than some cautious guys here and can't wait to see more after they post about what happened.
I didn't know that, I'll see what this is about, thank you <3

BonusDuck

Oct 22, 2017
This...

"A note!
Hi everyone,
Just a quick note to share some info. As you might have noticed, we've had to take an unexpected hiatus from High Life - pretty much drop the project altogether temporarily. Without getting into too much personal detail, Meghan needed to leave the project quite suddenly, and that threw it all up in the air for us, effectively overnight. We didn't want to have to, but Chris and I decided it was best we put the whole thing on hold and let it rest for a while, while we help our friend get back to a good place. In the meantime we've been concentrating on keeping up with our full-time jobs and real lives (we do have them, honest!), until we’re ready to come back as a team. Thanks for your patience and messages, Meghan will be back with us very soon.
Erosion"

_Zebra_

Jun 24, 2017
Great news. Now at least we can guess the next release date. If "a while" means ~ 4 months, then "very soon" will probably take around 3, add another 2 for development and that leads me to say that we'll see the next episode in August. Nice!

At least we know that the game is not abandoned.

Reactions: Koulo077

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
This...

"A note!
Hi everyone,
Just a quick note to share some info. As you might have noticed, we've had to take an unexpected hiatus from High Life - pretty much drop the project altogether temporarily. Without getting into too much personal detail, Meghan needed to leave the project quite suddenly, and that threw it all up in the air for us, effectively overnight. We didn't want to have to, but Chris and I decided it was best we put the whole thing on hold and let it rest for a while, while we help our friend get back to a good place. In the meantime we've been concentrating on keeping up with our full-time jobs and real lives (we do have them, honest!), until we’re ready to come back as a team. Thanks for your patience and messages, Meghan will be back with us very soon.
Erosion"
Did they at least apologise for their disappearance besides this? I'm not seeing the word 'sorry' anywhere.

Starting with "As you might have noticed" doesn't exactly conveys an apologetic tone either to put it mildly.:rolleyes:

fenixblack

Oct 22, 2017
The monthly payment is still not on hold or per creation, which makes this 'annoucement' even more ridiculous. Sort your life out or do whatever you want, but don't charge money from naive people who believe you're working on this game right now. Oh and what about the thousands of Dollars you received during the 'hiatus'? Come on... I hope Erosion loses their last bit of money for this

Retro

Retired
Former Staff
Sep 7, 2017
This...

"A note!
Hi everyone,
Erosion"
I've never played this game or payed any attention to the thread but I don't believe that for a second.

lockerxx

Conversation Conqueror
May 10, 2017
it came like 2 months late but hey is an answer!!! the maybe in the future the game can continued:)
and add a version of 5 dollars in your patreon 10 is too much in many countries.

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes