VN Ren'Py Abandoned High Life [Ep. 1 Elite] [Erosion]

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes

Haise01

Jul 29, 2018
Right now, 68 patrons contributing $344 USD gross per month and dropping.

As much as it's a shame, they brought their downfall on themselves (Hopefully only temporarily) which could've been easily fixed. In around 3 1/2 weeks it can be marked as abandoned and officially join an illustrious group with Aorrta and Gumdrop...
Yeah... I don't really play a lot of games, but damn, it feelsbad when a game you really enjoy is abandoned like that :cry:
And I'm not trying to sound rude but I hope their patrons drop to zero, they are paying but getting nothing from it, c'mon...

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Yeah... I don't really play a lot of games, but damn, it feelsbad when a game you really enjoy is abandoned like that :cry:
And I'm not trying to sound rude but I hope their patrons drop to zero, they are paying but getting nothing from it, c'mon...
Well if you haven't had the chance to read the last few posts, looks like they're coming back and understandably many people are cautious. If they had personal problems then of course they should deal with that first but @PaulSmackages, could you as a resident patron inform them (When they drop the post about what's happened which we're all assuming they had some personal issues) that they have to communicate better and more frequently like how they used to? Even if it's just a small post saying "We have some issues right now, bear with us" is better than nothing.

I did say I was looking forward to them having the abandoned tag but that's because they needed to learn how much communication matters. I also said they never should have been in that position in the first place and it's good to see that there's something. This is the first time they've dropped new preview renders this year (If I remember right the only posts this year were about the OST but I'm happy to be wrong on that one) so it's good to see them drop proper works and talk about animations too. Maybe it's just me but I'm a lot more positive than some cautious guys here and can't wait to see more after they post about what happened.

BonusDuck

Oct 22, 2017
Now she looks a lot like Ele though. Or are they sisters?
No, Eleanor's sister is on the right of the banner in both versions (her look has changed quite alot in the second one - for the better)
Well if you haven't had the chance to read the last few posts, looks like they're coming back and understandably many people are cautious. If they had personal problems then of course they should deal with that first but @PaulSmackages, could you as a resident patron inform them (When they drop the post about what's happened which we're all assuming they had some personal issues) that they have to communicate better and more frequently like how they used to? Even if it's just a small post saying "We have some issues right now, bear with us" is better than nothing.

I did say I was looking forward to them having the abandoned tag but that's because they needed to learn how much communication matters. I also said they never should have been in that position in the first place and it's good to see that there's something. This is the first time they've dropped new preview renders this year (If I remember right the only posts this year were about the OST but I'm happy to be wrong on that one) so it's good to see them drop proper works and talk about animations too. Maybe it's just me but I'm a lot more positive than some cautious guys here and can't wait to see more after they post about what happened.
Rob from Erosion did explain the reason for their absence via PM, and said that an explanation/update post is forthcoming. Certain elements of that explanation they may not want sharing publicly, so I'll leave it up to them to explain.

But yes, I will make the comment you suggest on behalf of f95 as well as myself too. For me personally, better communication and the more frequent updates like the early days would bring me back to the top tier of patrons.

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Rob from Erosion did explain the reason for their absence via PM, and said that an explanation/update post is forthcoming. Certain elements of that explanation they may not want sharing publicly, so I'll leave it up to them to explain.

But yes, I will make the comment you suggest on behalf of f95 as well as myself too. For me personally, better communication and the more frequent updates like the early days would bring me back to the top tier of patrons.
Ah cool that they've explained it so I guess we'll just wait to see what they post in public to the rest of the patrons to explain what happened. Hope that it's nothing too serious though.

Thanks! It makes much more sense for them just to do quick posts so this doesn't happen again :) Once they get that explanation post out, I might retract my opinion asking you to change your sig lol :LOL:

Reactions: Namco15 and Enyos

BonusDuck

Oct 22, 2017
Ah cool that they've explained it so I guess we'll just wait to see what they post in public to the rest of the patrons to explain what happened. Hope that it's nothing too serious though.

Thanks! It makes much more sense for them just to do quick posts so this doesn't happen again :) Once they get that explanation post out, I might retract my opinion asking you to change your sig lol :LOL:
I was actually planning on changing the sig to the picture of the bonus duck! And no, I wouldn't say the situation is THAT serious or grave, everyone is still alive.

Reactions: Namco15 and Enyos

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
I was actually planning on changing the sig to the picture of the bonus duck! And no, I wouldn't say the situation is THAT serious or grave, everyone is still alive.
Haha!! You can put two pictures/gifs in your signature soooo... :LOL:

Well it's good that it's not that serious but serious enough for them to take time away from a start-up passion project...

Reactions: Namco15

Grimoirre

Jul 18, 2017
They've just posted on their Patreon but I fear it may have affected too much of people's perception on the project (I hope I'm wrong), I love this game's concept to death and would want nothing more than its success but transparency is the name of the game with crowdfunded projects like these, you need to inform your backers about your plans and setbacks regardless of how disheartening they are or they wont know exactly what they're supporting.

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
No, Eleanor's sister is on the right of the banner in both versions (her look has changed quite alot in the second one - for the better)
Yeah I know that the right girl is her sister, but the "new" girl kind if looks similiar to Ele.

Reactions: BonusDuck

DrDougDoesDOS

Game Developer
May 14, 2018
Well on the 1 hand you might think "They just posted that to stop the Abandon Tag", but on the other hand looking at the Post you will probably think "Wow this update is going to mind blow me when it arrives, this looks amazing". I hope for the sake's of the loyal Patreon's who have stuck by this Team it's the latter option and if that's the standard of Rendering and Animation i'd wait for it too :)

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes