VN Ren'Py Abandoned High Life [Ep. 1 Elite] [Erosion]

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes

dx_boost

Mar 6, 2018
not a bad idea. work so hard to make a game, release it, then dump and enjoy dopes throw away money waiting for the next one. patreon needs some kind of a system to pause taking money if the developer didn't make a post in a week or two, then resumes once a post was made. the last post was made in 2 months ago.!
Oh but they had an even better idea!
Announced something and then released the SOUNTRACK!
Thats next level.

Abîme

Sep 27, 2018
Oh but they had an even better idea!
Announced something and then released the SOUNTRACK!
Thats next level.
Hey, if you think of it that pretty smart, you can wait for the update in music instead of waiting in silence !!!

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
patreon needs some kind of a system to pause taking money if the developer didn't make a post in a week or two, then resumes once a post was made. the last post was made in 2 months ago.!
And Patreon will stop collecting money? That's won't gonna happen.

Reactions: netsrac

Deleted member 1044747

Formerly 'decent'
Donor
Nov 27, 2018
Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I still believe in people's (and patron's) self-responsibility.

Personally, I wouldn't pledge to a project that has gone silent for more than a month without giving reasons.
If I pledge once a month, I should at least get a monthly status update in return - simple as that.

When I see people still pledging to projects that have been silent for several months, I'm always kind of torn between admiring their loyalty and deriding their craziness...

Last edited:

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
This is sad...
How many patrons they had ?
Right now, 68 patrons contributing $344 USD gross per month and dropping.

As much as it's a shame, they brought their downfall on themselves (Hopefully only temporarily) which could've been easily fixed. In around 3 1/2 weeks it can be marked as abandoned and officially join an illustrious group with Aorrta and Gumdrop...

fenixblack

Oct 22, 2017
Out of curiosity I tried to report them to patreon. And -what a surprise- patreon doesn't give a shit about it, as long as they receive their monthly share. No matter how you report, you'll always get this message:

"To fix this issue, please contact the creator directly. If that doesn't work and you want to change or delete your pledge, you can learn how to do that ."

What a joke.

Gabriel0316

Sep 13, 2018
This is not a surprise after all, they own a business and it's kinda normal to act like this, though nobody forces no one to pay for something they host. But it was nice and fair if they will mark these kind of situation with something like... "not trustable" or something, or... "last activity x days ago"...

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Out of curiosity I tried to report them to patreon. And -what a surprise- patreon doesn't give a shit about it, as long as they receive their monthly share. No matter how you report, you'll always get this message:

"To fix this issue, please contact the creator directly. If that doesn't work and you want to change or delete your pledge, you can learn how to do that ."

What a joke.
Well...
And Patreon will stop collecting money? That won't gonna happen.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
...But it was nice and fair if they will mark these kind of situation with something like... "not trustable" or something, or... "last activity x days ago"...
don't want to sound like a complete asshole, but is it really that hard to check the date of the last post of the creator and do the math?

Gabriel0316

Sep 13, 2018
don't want to sound like a complete asshole, but is it really that hard to check the date of the last post of the creator and do the math?
I mean to be displayed on their page, up, a fixed banner to be visible, maybe some people did not even read the dates, who knows...

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
They've had another patron since you wrote that and another $37, for reasons I cannot fucking understand! If this is the way they're treating the patrons it should be going DOWN. Of course, I'd much rather they provide content and updates and for their patron count and monthly takings to go UP, but for now, let's stop giving them money and support they don't deserve.
Patrons always discover VN's at the strangest times so maybe they're clinging onto hope of some sorts. Aorrta's pledges jumped because he said something so that should tell you as much as you need to know about some patrons! I mean maybe a big emergency might have happened to someone at Erosion but an easy patron post would've quelled all this talk that we're doing.

As much as I'm looking forward to them being marked as abandoned to officially end this nonsense, for the record, they should never have been in this position in the first place and this is a huge disappointment that they will join some brethren they should never have been associated with if they did the simple things like talk.

I mean to be displayed on their page, up, a fixed banner to be visible, maybe some people did not even read the dates, who knows...
True that people don't read dates etc but I'll put it this way - With the updated OP's since the new year or February, many OP's have a "Thread Updated" date and you can see here it doesn't have one...

It also doesn't take too much time to try and search through to see when the last update was/the last few pages here to see all the "OMG they haven't updated since the new year" to figure that out but I get it people don't necessarily think to do that though.

Reactions: Enyos
4.70 star(s) 26 Votes