VN Ren'Py Abandoned High Life [Ep. 1 Elite] [Erosion]

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes

evetoyou

Jun 7, 2020
Overall I really get 'Life is Strange' vibes from this game. I would play a coming of age game from this dev even if it didn't have anything lewd. I wonder, sometimes, if the game is lesser for the lewd content because the rest of the content is able to elicit an emotional response that just doesn't vibe with horniness.
Absolutely hate even more now to see this is abandoned. I had bookmarkekd this back whenever and now going through them. I'm not sure whether or not I want to play this now because I know it'll only leave me wanting more.

jarjarspam95

Feb 10, 2018
Absolutely hate even more now to see this is abandoned. I had bookmarkekd this back whenever and now going through them. I'm not sure whether or not I want to play this now because I know it'll only leave me wanting more.
I've always felt that it's more about the journey than the destination. Sure, the game isn't finished, and that sucks. But I enjoyed the time I played it. It was easily a net positive.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I've always felt that it's more about the journey than the destination. Sure, the game isn't finished, and that sucks. But I enjoyed the time I played it. It was easily a net positive.
It's still a pity, though. We lost a good game, and it probably would have earned a lot of money for him too.

Reactions: afterlights

evetoyou

Jun 7, 2020
This is smart way to look at it, you've convinced me to download.
Out of interest, any other games as such that you enjoyed?

evilkitty97

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2021
Why cant these devs who abandon their games just sell them to another dev to continue it? All the engines, models and works, just sell it, or give it away. Such a waste, the characters here are very good looking. But they seem familiar. Is there a similar looking character like them on another game?

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
Why cant these devs who abandon their games just sell them to another dev to continue it? All the engines, models and works, just sell it, or give it away. Such a waste, the characters here are very good looking. But they seem familiar. Is there a similar looking character like them on another game?
In this genre of games, devs tend to get into it because they have their own stories and ideas. For the most part, ero devs aren't going to want to work on someone else's stuff. The only reason I could see that any dev would want to pay money and buy out a project is if it's already making money and/or if the fanbase is large etc. and even then, most of these games are built using Daz assets* so if a dev really wanted to take on someone else's abandoned project why bother paying? Or even having the decency to ask permission? They just figure out how to replicate the character designs and make "fan remakes" or parodies or "fan-made sequels" etc. Just look at Big Brother and all the stuff that came to exist in its wake.
And even if a dev sold a project that they were partway through, you can bet the quality would either dip or the entire feel of the game would change under someone else.
The best-case scenario when it comes to abandoned projects like this is that the original dev finds the inspiration or passion or time or whatever to come back.

*This is probably why you find the characters look familiar. Other games will be using the same base models and clothing etc. and may even have similar morph setups.

4.70 star(s) 26 Votes