VN Ren'Py Abandoned High School Crush Simulator [v0.6.1] [Bright Sun Studios]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
Instead of new conversations being unlocked by hanging out with her until she likes you enough, conversations will be unlocked as you progress through the ranks of the student council.
Aaah, we are Game of High School Student Council Throne now, can't wait.
@Gomly1980 I'm sure Ava will be more than willing to serve as a bridge between MC and Michelle

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
More none romantic story lines sounds interesting too.

As much as I like BL and Rosie I do think this one has the most potential. You've given yourself a hell of a lot of work with how many characters you've set up and future story lines but I think it will be worth it in the end.

I did end up kicking myself at the end of BL when you talked about a sequel. I didn't think years in the future for the characters I just assumed it would lead on where BL left off so completely missed the obvious foreshadowing until you pointed it out.

There is one very serious flaw in the story here though .... neither Charlotte nor Michelle have mentioned a pet.

Elly talked about her bird and has her dog, we have a cat and dog (living together, Ghostbusters plug) and Ava has talked about her cat but now we need a Persona .. er .. pet for the neighbour and the sister.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
More none romantic story lines sounds interesting too.

As much as I like BL and Rosie I do think this one has the most potential. You've given yourself a hell of a lot of work with how many characters you've set up and future story lines but I think it will be worth it in the end.

I did end up kicking myself at the end of BL when you talked about a sequel. I didn't think years in the future for the characters I just assumed it would lead on where BL left off so completely missed the obvious foreshadowing until you pointed it out.

There is one very serious flaw in the story here though .... neither Charlotte nor Michelle have mentioned a pet.

Elly talked about her bird and has her dog, we have a cat and dog (living together, Ghostbusters plug) and Ava has talked about her cat but now we need a Persona .. er .. pet for the neighbour and the sister.
Yeah, High School Crush Simulator still has a long way to go. I have tons upon tons of ideas and I doubt even half of them will actually end up being in the game. This game is a bit of a risk with the amount of work required for it before I would consider it in a 'version 0.1 completed' stated. So I hope it will pay off too.

For this reason I've decided that if I continue Their Beautiful World eventually, that will prbably also be as a linear storyline like Blooming Love. I just can't work on two projects of such scale at the same time. And I strangely feel that HSCS is actually much better suited for a sandbox type game than TBW. It worked out much more to my liking in this game than in TBW, in my opinion. This means that Their Beautiful World will probably become much more of a single storyline than a lot of short, detective style stories with sandbox elements thrown in. But for now I need to focus on HSCS.

And as for the Persona's of the main characters of HSCS...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I think the characters and setting is enough to carry TBW without the need for multiple branching storylines.

Don't get me wrong, big expansive games are great but i'd rather see more of the 2 characters in TBW than elaborate branching plot lines. I know it's quite a way off but it would be nice to see more of that world and those characters so toning it down and making it easier to develop is probably the best way especially with how much work you've given yourself with this.

This game is a risk with how many characters and paths you've put it in already and that will only grow but the potential here is huge.

All the characters you've introduced so far are great and have their own quirks. I do like how there are storylines running alongside character interactions which adds more depth to the world and ties people together outside of the relationship progressions.

Yes I did see the persona pic, looking forward to seeing the rest just don't overwork yourself too much.

Reactions: goditseb

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
It's Sunday again, so here is the next Sunday Poll:
Share you opinion with the community, I say.

Cyrel

Feb 26, 2018
Is it just me or do the characters all look like the same model was used, just changed hair color/freckles/makeup and little tweaks but they all look the same in the face.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Is it just me or do the characters all look like the same model was used, just changed hair color/freckles/makeup and little tweaks but they all look the same in the face.
You're not the first to ask that. They all actually use different character models and different skin textures.

I personally don't think they look all that similar (but then again... I created them, so I know every little detail about them), but I can somewhat see why people would think they look too similar. It's not because of lack of different models though. They are all designed by me and I suppose my personal preferences when it comes to women just shine through in all the girls (freckles, light make up (eyelinere, but no eye shadow, etc.). I just create what I find attractive and that might be why they all look somewhat similar. I hope that isn't a problem? I've tried my best to make the new character I introduced a few days ago (student council president) a lot different than the rest, but I don't know if I succeeded.

Reactions: goditseb

goditseb

Apr 28, 2017
imho Charlotte looks different also Ella.. ( i like them both most :heartcoveredeyes: )

btw The Student Council President Vivian also looks pretty much different to me

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
They don't look the same to me.

I've played a lot of games that had women with basically the same character model but different hair but I haven't seen that here.

Cyrel

Feb 26, 2018
You're not the first to ask that. They all actually use different character models and different skin textures.
Wasn't trying to offend, i like what I've played so far. For the sisters, charlotte and the red head, seems their eye spacing, cheekbones and jaw/chin shapes look very similar to me between the four of them. Yeah I do see other differences. Btw very nice renders.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Here is the 5th Sunday Poll (about favorite settings this time):

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
That's a pretty tough one to boil down, had to go multiple choice.

I like dark fantasy both ye olde and futuristic mainly due to being a massive Warhammer fan and collecting armies both fantasy and 40k.

I also like a bit of post apocalyptic. I've loved games like Fallout and Wasteland when Fallout was a tactical RPG. I also grew up on films like Mad Max.

I can enjoy other settings, normal and otherwise, but I suppose grim dark will always be my favourite.

For teh emprah and all that jazz.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
That's a pretty tough one to boil down, had to go multiple choice.

I like dark fantasy both ye olde and futuristic mainly due to being a massive Warhammer fan and collecting armies both fantasy and 40k.

I also like a bit of post apocalyptic. I've loved games like Fallout and Wasteland when Fallout was a tactical RPG. I also grew up on films like Mad Max.

I can enjoy other settings, normal and otherwise, but I suppose grim dark will always be my favourite.

For teh emprah and all that jazz.
You're not the only one who likes those. Dark Fantasy is currently coming out on top, shortly followed by Home and Distant-Future Sci-fi. I didn't expect Dark Fantasy to do better than High Fantasy, but I suppose The Witcher has shown how great dark, gritty fantasy can be.

I never go into Fallout too much though I'm afraid. Post apocalyptic settings never appealed to me that much, neither does sci-fi for that matter (Star Wars and Mass Effect being the exceptions. But then again... Let's face it, Star Wars is more fantasy than sci-fi). Elder Scrolls is much more up my alley.

Reactions: Mikedazz1
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes