VN Ren'Py Abandoned High School Crush Simulator [v0.6.1] [Bright Sun Studios]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Prustan

Sep 30, 2017
I have wide and varied tastes, so the only ones I didn't choose were Home, Historical, and Vacation. And even in those settings there's probably stuff I'll like, just not as much as the others.

Fallout, Star Wars, Mass Effect, Nier: Automata, Stellaris, Dead Island... just a few of the games/settings I like.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Here is a new preview image for this game, it's an interesting one this time:

Also, should anyone be interested in helping with beta testing the currently 'finished' content for version 0.2, send me a private message and we can work something out. Be aware of what you're getting into though. Risks of save ruining bugs are higher (obviously) and spelling checks haven't been fully completed yet so expect to run into a lot of typos. Vivian, Ava's and the new male student's content is basically finished though and ready to be tested (except for Ava's new sex scenes). Also, make sure you play the game on PC if you want to help beta test the game.
Also, please don't ask me to be a beta tester if you only want access to the content as quickly as possible and don't genuinely want to help the product become better.

Much like The66 is now, beta testers will be credited in the game if they want to.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I have so much free time now if anyone needs anything doing that doesn't involve art ... coding ... making sense.

Bug hunting is a difficult one though.

After spending so many years playing Bethesda games it's hard to distinguish between a bug and a feature.

Reactions: testor and goditseb

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
I have so much free time now if anyone needs anything doing that doesn't involve art ... coding ... making sense.

Bug hunting is a difficult one though.

After spending so many years playing Bethesda games it's hard to distinguish between a bug and a feature.
In this case you'd be in direct contact with the developer though, so you can always ask if something is supposed to be there or not.
And in some cases (like the Bethesda games) they can actually be both. The Giant's club bug is the perfect example of this.

Anyway, if you're interested let me know. You won't have to do any coding or art (obviously). You can point out certain scenes you think might benefit from more art and then I'll take a look at it and see if I can render some more images. This beta testing is mostly just early feedback so the actual update releases as smoothly as possibly. You have to be aware though that you're essential offering to have a less smooth experience yourself in the hopes that other people will get a more bug-free one.

Reactions: goditseb

six-

Jan 20, 2018
Would be real fun to help out with beta testing but sadly don't have enough time to be of any use.
Maybe in the future if you somehow don't get enough testers.

goditseb

Apr 28, 2017
i would love to help, but to be honest, i lack experience in that area.. never did beta testing, i am sure a few will contact you, keep up the good work :eazyHype:

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
In this case you'd be in direct contact with the developer though, so you can always ask if something is supposed to be there or not.
And in some cases (like the Bethesda games) they can actually be both. The Giant's club bug is the perfect example of this.

Anyway, if you're interested let me know. You won't have to do any coding or art (obviously). You can point out certain scenes you think might benefit from more art and then I'll take a look at it and see if I can render some more images. This beta testing is mostly just early feedback so the actual update releases as smoothly as possibly. You have to be aware though that you're essential offering to have a less smooth experience yourself in the hopes that other people will get a more bug-free one.
I don't tend to do a proper playthrough until the games finished because my memory is arse and I forget where I got to and have to keep restarting anyway.

I generally playthrough monthly uploads to see if I can spot any bugs, helping out makes that easier for me.

I don't mind a messy experience if it means it all runs smooth at the end of it all.

To be fair, it's far easier dealing with a handful of people with issues that can let you know helpfully rather than 6 pages of people saying "this shit doesn't work" despite how helpful and in depth those 6 pages of complaints are.

Plus, as I said, so much free time recently. Wife works in a hospital and they cut staff again so she's overworked. It seems that my kids are at an age now where it seems their own social lives are far more important than being home to make me cups of coffee.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
I don't tend to do a proper playthrough until the games finished because my memory is arse and I forget where I got to and have to keep restarting anyway.

I generally playthrough monthly uploads to see if I can spot any bugs, helping out makes that easier for me.

I don't mind a messy experience if it means it all runs smooth at the end of it all.

To be fair, it's far easier dealing with a handful of people with issues that can let you know helpfully rather than 6 pages of people saying "this shit doesn't work" despite how helpful and in depth those 6 pages of complaints are.

Plus, as I said, so much free time recently. Wife works in a hospital and they cut staff again so she's overworked. It seems that my kids are at an age now where it seems their own social lives are far more important than being home to make me cups of coffee.
In that case it might be a good idea to create a Discord channel for beta testing where everyone can report the bugs and patches can be shared quickly. Do you have a Discord account? If not, we'd have to go for good old file sharing through private messages

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I do have discord, yeah.

Probably quicker to do things through there.

File sharing in PM's, that's barely a step up from storing it on a floppy and mailing.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
After yesterday's preview picture introducing a non-romanceable character, it's time to reveal another new character who you can actually start a relationship with:

I have talked a bit about him before on this forum, but here is his official character design.

goditseb

Apr 28, 2017
hi,

-i have some weird/anonying bug, every time i click the left mouse button to continue the Dialog, the music stops and starts from the beginning, same happens in Auto Mode..
Doesn't matter if Music-Theme is "Standard" or "Persona", same problem..

-Also, the "Back" "History" "Skip" "Auto" "Save" "Q.Save" "Q.Load" "Preferences" at the bottom is hardly visible ( School garden where Ella is, the worst ), dunno whether it is wanted or not, but at least it turns red after you place the mouse over it :)

-and i am getting every 2-5 mins the same SMS from my sister ( about homework )

HSCS ver 2.0
installed Add On:
Cheat Add-On
Besti Add-On for 2.0

Reactions: PrebenJensen

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
hi,

-i have some weird/anonying bug, every time i click the left mouse button to continue the Dialog, the music stops and starts from the beginning, same happens in Auto Mode..

-Also, the "Back" "History" "Skip" "Auto" "Save" "Q.Save" "Q.Load" "Preferences" at the bottom is hardly visible ( School garden where Ella is, the worst ), dunno whether it is wanted or not, but at least it turns red after you place the mouse over it :)

HSCS ver 2.0
installed Add On:
Cheat Add-On
Besti Add-On for 2.0
- The music issue is one that I ran into while bug fixing, but I thought that was fixed by now. Suppose I'll need to look further into it for version 0.3. It's an issue with the change in how the music is handled differently between version 0.1 and 0.2. The only option have left for this I'm afraid is look for a save from 0.1 that doesn't have this issue (not all saves from 0.1 have it, at least most of my own saves work fine). If that doesn't work, you'll simply have to restart the game by creating a new save, but I'm sorry if that's what you have to do to fix it
- I haven't touched the quick menu at the bottom of the screen, but I could try to make it a little bit more visible in the next update. I'll look into it
- I really don't know what's going on with the text messages from Michelle, since that's not a bug I've ever run into in all my testing (neiter have the other people who have helped me bug test the game). You should receive a message roughly every 1.5 days, not every 2 minutes. And it shouldn't always be the same one. If you have Ava as a romance partner, there are 8 different messages that can show up. It's possible that this is also an issue with an old save. (I look into a bit more and noticed that on certain saves it is possible to only receive two different text messages if you haven't really started Ava's story on that save yet. Michelle is the only other person with text messages and she has 3 of them, 1 of which only shows up at night. Still, you shouldn't receive those text messages that often)

The add-on you installed aren't an issue, so my best advice would be try creating a new save and see if that fixes the issues. It's annoying to loose all you progress, but I'm afraid that's going to happen from time to time with an sandbox game like this that keeps changing small things to improve the overall experience

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
hi,

HSCS ver 2.0
installed Add On:
Cheat Add-On
Besti Add-On for 2.0
please send me a save with the music problem

goditseb

Apr 28, 2017
Sometimes i got 2 Messages in one day, near the beginning, now its like u said, 1-2 days. :biggrin:

btw: The End Message from 0.1 is still in the game :)

uploaded save game

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Sometimes i got 2 Messages in one day, near the beginning, now its like u said, 1-2 days. :biggrin:

uploaded save game
- Yeah, how many messages you get per day is randomized. Each action has a 10% of 'spawning' a text message, so you could get 6 messages in one day, but you could also go several days without one
- Oooooops. I didn't touch the main story in this version, so I forgot to change that. I'll fix it when the inevitable patch 0.2a patch for this version comes out that fixes some of the bugs people find

Thanks for sending the save. The66 and I will take a look at it

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017

uploaded save game
thx, i test it and look for a solution

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017

uploaded save game
Download the music.rpy file from here:

Replace the music.rpy file in the 'game' folder with this one and see if the issue with the music is fixed (it worked on my PC, so hopefully it'll work for you too)

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes