VN Ren'Py Abandoned High School Crush Simulator [v0.6.1] [Bright Sun Studios]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Ok, i would have to reread the books for the 5th or so time, to check the last wish exactly, but i would never go as far as to say Geralt hated Yen. I can remember a conversation between him and another dude in that story, that would imply his feelings for her.
As for Triss in Kaer Morhen, would asking "what happened to you after Rivia?" would be too much? As I said, i really like Triss to so getting past this is hard for me.
What I don't understand is why you don't want to acknowledge the growth in Geralt's and Yen relationship, nor her love for Ciri as real feelings. Saying her actions were caused by an "obsession" is really unfair. I think that pretty much any decent parent, knowing that their child is in danger would do anything to protect them. She doesn't do those things because she wants to, she does them because she has to, for Ciri's safety. Also if she just wanted a child she could have easily adopted one, or bought one or whatever. And yet she gave up everything she had, for Ciri. While Yen might've loved/hated Geralt in the short stories, i think that since Ciri showed up, she started thinking of themselves as a family and developed real love towards both Geralt and Ciri.
It's true that they did become more of a real family later, but that doesn't excuse her actions early on. And that's my problem I suppose. We all do it, but Yennefer fans to me always seem to cherry pick the good moments and completey ignore the bad ones. I read the short stores and first 2 novels more than the other ones because I keep starting them and than not finishing the series (as I metioned before, I'm not actually a fan of the books. I only read them because of the games. There are fantasy books out there that I like much, much more). So 'early' yennefer stands out more to me than how she becomes in the later novels. That's on me, but I can't really help it. It also doesn't help if you read the books through the 'I dislike Yennefer so, so much' glasses I suppose.

As for Ciri, sure Yennefer did love her. Love her enough to dump her in some magic school she didn't want to go to and what not. It was a bit unfair to say the only reason she loves Ciri is because of her child wish (which wasn't actually what I said, but okay), but that is where it started. They don't even interact all that much in the books. Especially not in the early books. So Yennefer to me is more the adopted mother you've only known for like a year kind of mother, not a mother you've grown up with since birth. Ciri disappeared to through the tower shortly after Yennefer and she met and she was gone for a long time after that after all. Ciri still loves Yen as a mother too of course, but I feel like Yennefer fans use her as some short of shield with the 'oh, but think of the children!' kind of defense of Yennefer. I still haven't heard any actual excuses for Yen's behavior from any Yennefer fans. Saying 'oh, but she loved Ciri and they became a family' doesn't really answer any of the complaints I have about her.
And just because she and Geralt kind started having a decent romance at the end doesn't convince me enough to see her as a good person or an actual valid option for Geralt once the wish is removed. That's all up to player choice though, and thank god to CD Projekt Red for giving us that choice. Although I would have liked it a little bit better if they hadn't auto-broken up Triss and Geralt for no real reason between Assassin of Kings and Wild Hunt.

I think the excellent added scene in which Geralt explains to Ciri why he choose Triss (if you romanced her in Wild Hunt) explains my feels towards Triss and Yen best: "With Yen if was fight after fight, lots of arguments, drama... Not saying it was bad, but... Got to be exhausting. With Triss, it's not. I finally feel harmony. A calm. Feel like things are the way they're supposed to be."

That just fits me and my Geralt better. Give me a calm, sweet girlfriend over one how constantly throws pots at your head when she's angry any day.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
The one someone mentioned earlier about getting one every 2 minutes. I was trying to recreate it to see what the issue was but I can't, my messages come when they should no matter what I do.
Ah, but he already said in a later message that he didn't test that enough. He did some quick testing I think and noticed that several messages just happened to come on the same day and thought meant messages always come at that frequency. He already said that he tested it more and noticed they actually usually only come once every 1-2 days. So there was no bug there

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
No men but Futa/Shemale (pretend women) too funny.
There are men though (at least in version 0.2). You can even have sex with them if you want. Also... how is Ava a 'pretend woman'? You clearly have no idea with a hermaprhodite is. (And in case you think shemale/futa means transvestite in this case, you're both quick to judge and wrong in this case)

Reactions: Tenenbaum

the_unseen

May 10, 2017
Love her enough to dump her in some magic school she didn't want to go to and what not.
I think that this is another unfair opinion. Yen forced Ciri to go there, because she thought it would be the safest place for her, and so that Ciri would learn how to control her magic. It doesn't mean Yen didn't care for Ciri. And while they might've not talked that much, I think Yen started loving Ciri during their time in the temple of Melitele.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Ciri was always more for Geralt than Yen and I am a fan of Yen's.

It's like I used to say, Geralt would give his life to save Ciri and Yennefer would give Geralts life to save Ciri.

Young Ciri always seemed happier at Kaer Morhen than anywhere else.

No men but Futa/Shemale (pretend women) too funny.
She's a Hermaphrodite, not futa or shemale .... they exist.

May want to use Google before making yourself look foolish.

Game also has men.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
I think that this is another unfair opinion. Yen forced Ciri to go there, because she thought it would be the safest place for her, and so that Ciri would learn how to control her magic. It doesn't mean Yen didn't care for Ciri. And while they might've not talked that much, I think Yen started loving Ciri during their time in the temple of Melitele.
Unfair from your point of view. From my point of view it's another instance of her thinking she always knows what's best and that she doesn't care much about the the opinions of others. And they certainly did grow to care for each other in the Temple of Melitele, which is way she should have considered other options for Ciri when she constantly showed signs of not wanting to go. I get parents don't always have to justify themselves to their children, but Yen didn't even know Ciri very long at that moment. I'd hardly call them mom and daughter at that point. And once again, I never said they don't care for each other. They do, very much so. But that isn't an excuse for Yen's behavior or attitude.

Also, Ciri is Geralt's child of destiny. Not Yennefer's. Just because you're the girlfriend of someone's dad-figure doesn't mean you get to boss her around and make her do things she doesn't want to do right away. That doesn't subtract from what they would later become, but their start wasn't exactly great in my opinion.

And still, you hardly defend Yennefer except for tha she and Ciri are close. Triss and Ciri are close too. They spend more time together than Yen and Ciri did in the first two books of the saga and actually improved her life by making sure the witcher didn't fuck her up with their mutagens and ignorance of a young girl's body.

Saracin218

Apr 20, 2018
Didn't save for a while and picked the option "Go to someone else's room" and got kicked to the main menu. Got to remember to save more lol

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Didn't save for a while and picked the option "Go to someone else's room" and got kicked to the main menu. Got to remember to save more lol
Check your auto saves. The game auto saves pretty often. I'll check why this happened. It shouldn't happen, but I'll check
EDIT: Ah, I see where it went wrong. That's indeed a bug. It happens when you have romanced Jason, Andrew or Vivian (the 3 new romance options in version 0.2) but none of the older 3 romance option. I'll fix it when patch 0.2a rolls around. Thanks for pointing this out to me.

the_unseen

May 10, 2017
Unfair from your point of view. From my point of view it's another instance of her thinking she always knows what's best and that she doesn't care much about the the opinions of others.
The way I see it, Yen was appointed as Ciri's caretaker for the time being, and as such she tried to do what's best for Ciri.
And still, you hardly defend Yennefer except for tha she and Ciri are close. Triss and Ciri are close too. They spend more time together than Yen and Ciri did in the first two books of the saga and actually improved her life by making sure the witcher didn't fuck her up with their mutagens and ignorance of a young girl's body.
Never said that Ciri and Triss weren't close. I doubt Yen would allow those things either. And I don't really try to defend Yen, i can see that you're dead set on thinking she's some evil woman trying to puppeteer everyone around her. I'm just trying to make you see, that she's not completely evil.
It's like I used to say, Geralt would give his life to save Ciri and Yennefer would give Geralts life to save Ciri.
Well, i think that both of them would sacrifice themselves rather than the other one, and the vid i posted earlier is a good example why i think so.

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
@Bright Sun Studios
You are great, as always. You also were so kind, that you added helpful comments to the code. So IF/WHEN I make my own game (together with writer), I'll put you in thanks to ! Since I plan to analyze and learn your code.

Analyzing other ppls codes is good for beginning, but... very few devepoers, including you, actually make interesting mechanics. Try sth new. I plan to do sth fresh, but first I need to learn Python basics, REN'PY basics and analyze great games - like Your one.

Because your work is fresh, I'll advertise you in some places (normally I do it for NTR authors only).

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Can it be that I have to unpack the Game so I can see the image folder when I would have bestiality back in Game?

When it is so can somebody write it near the patch on the first side that I have to unpack first file with X with programm Y.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
@Bright Sun Studios
You are great, as always. You also were so kind, that you added helpful comments to the code. So IF/WHEN I make my own game (together with writer), I'll put you in thanks to ! Since I plan to analyze and learn your code.

Analyzing other ppls codes is good for beginning, but... very few devepoers, including you, actually make interesting mechanics. Try sth new. I plan to do sth fresh, but first I need to learn Python basics, REN'PY basics and analyze great games - like Your one.

Because your work is fresh, I'll advertise you in some places (normally I do it for NTR authors only).
It's true that looking at other people's code is a great way to learn. I myself have done just that with plenty of games (Mifly City being the best of them. That one is a treasure trove of how to do cool things in Ren'py).
As for trying something new, what are you going to add to your game that hasn't been done before? My game don't do anything crazy, but they do some interesting stuff (especially with the coding help of the66). If you want to create something that isn't in essence a visual novel, I'd advise using another engine though. Ren'py can do tons of great stuff and you can do bascially anything in it, but it's still a visual novel engine. Also keep in mind why people play adult games. Mostly because of the narrative that is missing in adult films and because they can much easier appeal to fetishes. So that's why most people will agree (and yes, I've done polls about this with my patrons) that story is the most important aspect of most adult games, not how uniuqe their mechanics are. I'm not saying you should just copy other games, but makes sure your unique mechanics make sense and that they're fun to play.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Can it be that I have to unpack the Game so I can see the image folder when I would have bestiality back in Game?

When it is so can somebody write it near the patch on the first side that I have to unpack first file with X with programm Y.
Since you're talking about unpacking I assume you want to use the Android version? Since all other versions don't use any encrypting and have all files openly available to explore. The add-ons are for the PC and Mac OSX versions of the games. They can also work with the Android version, but you'd need to crack it open and then repack it. I'm afraid I don't know much about how to do that.

primeumaton

May 4, 2017
The newness of the game made me skeptical (I hate small content), but the sheer volume of discussion made me curious. Trying it out.

TearStar

Developer of Lesbian/Futa Games
Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Good stuff got updated. Just what I need after a failed exam :3 :3

Saracin218

Apr 20, 2018
Check your auto saves. The game auto saves pretty often. I'll check why this happened. It shouldn't happen, but I'll check
EDIT: Ah, I see where it went wrong. That's indeed a bug. It happens when you have romanced Jason, Andrew or Vivian (the 3 new romance options in version 0.2) but none of the older 3 romance option. I'll fix it when patch 0.2a rolls around. Thanks for pointing this out to me.
I did check the autosaves, and for some reason there isn't a single one. Not a big deal, I don't mind redoing some things.

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
The newness of the game made me skeptical (I hate small content), but the sheer volume of discussion made me curious. Trying it out.
If it's worth it depends on how much content you want there to be already. There are 6 different people implemented to romance (4 girls and 2 guys) all of which have 10 or more conversations you can have with them (so the total dialogue you can have with each romance option is roughly as big as a single update from my other game Blooming Love, sometimes bigger). There are something like 8 or 9 masturbation scenes for you to discover (and 5 sex toys to collect). Some things (like the jobs you can take to earn money) are not implemented with the proper dialogue and such yet, but the game is very playable and should keep you busy for a few hours if you want to do everything. It kind of depends on your play style though. How long you'll be playing depends on you.

The first version already had plenty of content (I didn't want it to be some kind of tech demo type of first version with 5 minutes of gameplay) and version 0.2 adds just about the same amount of conten to the game (a little bit less, but certainly enough new content. Check the change log if you want to see exactly what was added)

It even has two music modes. One for the Persona fans and one Standard mode. So you can replay the game with different music throughout the whole game if want.

Reactions: phreakinowski
5.00 star(s) 4 Votes