Ren'Py Abandoned Highschool Rosewood [v0.358] [Arpibald]

Dora Chueva

Aug 19, 2018
That's an interesting bug, thanks for reporting it, I'm going to fix that in the next version.

Since there's no main story I can't tell you what you should do or what not. There will be backstories for the characters later and I'm already begin to create one for Raven, it's a long story, but since I uploaded the game here I had to focus on fixing a lot of things, and remove stuff from the game.

I'm going to find the balance between stories and enough h-scenes. Please be patient, and thanks for commenting! :)
Good luck. I think I can report or ask for help in Discord.

Would be nice if anyone can provide any kind of to-do list instead of simply looking for Maxed-Out Easy Mode hehe

Arpibald

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Good luck. I think I can report or ask for help in Discord.

Would be nice if anyone can provide any kind of to-do list instead of simply looking for Maxed-Out Easy Mode hehe
Well, our Discord is open, feel free to join and share bugs, ideas, critics and opinions. :)

Dora Chueva

Aug 19, 2018
Well, our Discord is open, feel free to join and share bugs, ideas, critics and opinions. :)
Sure.

I mentioned Sabrina in there (yes, Dorachueva is me). Maybe replace Koneko with Rias? It's just a consideration. Please ask the fans first.

GopnikDude

Apr 22, 2018
How much actual content is there? I expect not much since it's a new release, but i'm curious as where it is for now.

Arpibald

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
How much actual content is there? I expect not much since it's a new release, but i'm curious as where it is for now.
Can you explain what you meant under "content" ? Stroies, Tasks or h-scenes or what?

As I said on the last page for that guy that I wasted too much time coding the mechanics so there's just a few tasks and a few h-scenes, but I'm focusing on these now for a little bit. :) We do weekly updates so, you can count on new stuff.

GopnikDude

Apr 22, 2018
Can you explain what you meant under "content" ? Stroies, Tasks or h-scenes or what?

As I said on the last page for that guy that I wasted too much time coding the mechanics so there's just a few tasks and a few h-scenes, but I'm focusing on these now for a little bit. :) We do weekly updates so, you can count on new stuff.
Mostly how many h-scenes, but also the current estimate of time to complete the game in it's current state.

Basically, is it worth investing time into the game assuming there is enough content to connect with the characters and create the enjoyment out of them, yes?

The main reason for asking this is that many games at launch don't have a sizable amount of content to enjoy. You need a certain amount if you want to connect with the characters and actually do things with them.

Arpibald

Donor
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2019
Mostly how many h-scenes, but also the current estimate of time to complete the game in it's current state.

Basically, is it worth investing time into the game assuming there is enough content to connect with the characters and create the enjoyment out of them, yes?

The main reason for asking this is that many games at launch don't have a sizable amount of content to enjoy. You need a certain amount if you want to connect with the characters and actually do things with them.
Yeah, I get it know. So the thing here is, as you said the game is in it's early state, I worked on the mechanics and not pay enought attention to the h-scenes and characters yet. A day ago I released a patch for the game which allows players to play in Easy mode, because the game was pure Hardcore from the begining. I understand that.

Now that I’m done, I’ll focus more on the visuals rather than the mechanics. I'm already started drawing new h-scenes and figuring out activities which are enjoyable rather than just grinding in Hardcore mode for hours.

So the answer is yes, there's a few h-scenes 1 with Sakura, 2 with Frankie but that's just far not enough!

In the next update there will be a lot more, and probably for all characters including Gwen.

Be patient, thanks for commenting :)

GopnikDude

Apr 22, 2018
Yeah, I get it know. So the thing here is, as you said the game is in it's early state, I worked on the mechanics and not pay enought attention to the h-scenes and characters yet. A day ago I released a patch for the game which allows players to play in Easy mode, because the game was pure Hardcore from the begining. I understand that.

Now that I’m done, I’ll focus more on the visuals rather than the mechanics. I'm already started drawing new h-scenes and figuring out activities which are enjoyable rather than just grinding in Hardcore mode for hours.

So the answer is yes, there's a few h-scenes 1 with Sakura, 2 with Frankie but that's just far not enough!

In the next update there will be a lot more, and probably for all characters including Gwen.

Be patient, thanks for commenting :)
Thanks for understanding. And to actually listen to feedback, you're pretty much golden when you do.

This game definitely has a catching style and i hope everything go smoothly. I will definitely try this game out once a sizable amount of content will be present.

Reactions: Arpibald

Sole Hunter

Game Developer
Apr 15, 2020
Love the game so far! Excited to see where it goes, I also like the idea of the launcher so you don't have to re-download every update. Can't wait for the next version!

Have you considered linking your Patreon to your F95Zone account? You can do it in user settings, it makes your Patreon easier to access, as it will display under your user :)

Reactions: Arpibald