VN Ren'Py Highway to Hell [v0.5.0] [Mad King Games]

3.60 star(s) 13 Votes

morphiospain

Jan 8, 2019
A quick question, with games abandoned and on hold, are you going to finish this one. I really like the art work and the story but think I will pass for now. I might checkout when it gets further along.

Good Luck with your game.

Last edited:

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
A quick question, with games abandoned and on hold, are you going to finish this one. I really like the art work and the story but think I will pass for now. I might checkout if it gets further might pick it up.

Good Luck with your game.
Hi,

With all due respect, it feels like the question aims to accuse rather than leave the place for an answer. I stated in several posts here and several on Vis, the reason why I am taking a break from Vis. To sum it up, Vis was reaching the point where my expenses were greater than my income (and my expenses were basic) and not to mention the hours I had to push into the game. Clearly, the outcome meant that the game wasn't as popular as I thought. Again, there are big companies, with big titles that are doing the same thing, even tho they have a huge budget and a huge amount of human resources. For a second, put yourself into my place.

morphiospain

Jan 8, 2019
Hi,

With all due respect, it feels like the question aims to accuse rather than leave the place for an answer. I stated in several posts here and several on Vis, the reason why I am taking a break from Vis. To sum it up, Vis was reaching the point where my expenses were greater than my income (and my expenses were basic) and not to mention the hours I had to push into the game. Clearly, the outcome meant that the game wasn't as popular as I thought. Again, there are big companies, with big titles that are doing the same thing, even tho they have a huge budget and a huge amount of human resources. For a second, put yourself into my place.
Thank you for the comments and explanation.

sisco1986

Dec 29, 2018
Hi,

sry to sound so blunt but all i can hear is that you are throwing shit at the wall to see if something sticks, so if this game is not a "bread winner" will also be dropped like viz was?

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
sry to sound so blunt but all i can hear is that you are throwing shit at the wall to see if something sticks, so if this game is not a "bread winner" will also be dropped like viz was?
Hi,

First of all, when I started Vis, my attempt was not to 'throw shit at the wall and see if it sticks'. I wanted to deliver something unique while contemplating the taboo part. Therefore my 'greed' to deliver more and more, at a point, became overwhelming for me and expensive. It was my first game developed and I think I am entitled to make mistakes. The good part is that now after I hit every obstacle possible with Vis, I know what a 'healthy' release should look like.

fdsa12345

Nov 17, 2020
Hi,

If this game doesn't do well as expected in the next 3-4 updates then what? I am following this game only because you are the dev of VIS which is one of my favorite game sadly on hold.

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
If this game doesn't do well as expected in the next 3-4 updates then what? I am following this game only because you are the dev of VIS which is one of my favorite game sadly on hold.

That is where faith (not in a religious way) comes in. Do I know that in 3-4 updates I will be alive? No, but I have faith I will be. Do I know that when I smile at the girl from Starbucks, I don't look like I creepy dude? No, but I have faith I do (joke).
Do anyone from this forum have a certainty that a dev they follow, won't make the same decision at some point? Do we have certainty in anything? No, but we have faith, trust and the ability to understand.
But to make things more clear, I state here that if this game won't be doing good in 3-4 updates, mark my words that I will cut my ding dong off, throw it at my neighbour's window, and after that, I shall walk on the streets of Paris, as Madame Charlène. I shall reinstate Paris to its former glory.
But if the game does well in 3-4 updates, well... 1687035317326.png

Yours,

1687035149080.png

3.60 star(s) 13 Votes