VN Ren'Py Highway to Hell [v0.5.0] [Mad King Games]

3.60 star(s) 13 Votes

varkatzas666

Feb 26, 2018
You have my attention dev, but one thing,try to improve the music, because some music doesn't even go according to the scene you show. For example, when the moth...landlord is wearing her underwear in the room of the MC, you put on some wailing music or something like that, instead of something more calm/sexy, something similar,that scene with that music, it seemed creepy to me. Other than that, all great, keep it up dev

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
You have my attention dev, but one thing,try to improve the music, because some music doesn't even go according to the scene you show. For example, when the moth...landlord is wearing her underwear in the room of the MC, you put on some wailing music or something like that, instead of something more calm/sexy, something similar,that scene with that music, it seemed creepy to me. Other than that, all great, keep it up dev
Hi,

I will change that. With the first release I used what I had but I will invest more into new music.

Thank you for the feedback!

Reactions: varkatzas666

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
Hi mates,

I was thinking that with the next release, I implement a small trainer. What will that mean? Well, there will be a new section in the phone where players can activate the trainer. Once activated, they will get a hint in the choices menu of different interactions, on what is the best course of action to get unique scenes, relationship points and so on. This way, players that are afraid they are missing something, will have a wingman on their side.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: EJW

Majindevil

Nov 20, 2018
Hi mates,

I was thinking that with the next release, I implement a small trainer. What will that mean? Well, there will be a new section in the phone where players can activate the trainer. Once activated, they will get a hint in the choices menu of different interactions, on what is the best course of action to get unique scenes, relationship points and so on. This way, players that are afraid they are missing something, will have a wingman on their side.

so this "trainer" will be something like a ingame walkthrough? ;)

Markosh_1973

Nov 29, 2020
My first impression was really very good, the story as well as the graphics I found to be successful, everything just makes you want more of it.
The background music could be discussed again, as well as the text should be urgently proofread and the formatting adjusted.
However, I just can't erase the problems with the previous VN from my memory...
So the only hope is that this project will be planned with more foresight and will be able to exist and meet expectations.
Good luck and of course success with this!

Deleted member 416612

The 'landlord'
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2018
My first impression was really very good, the story as well as the graphics I found to be successful, everything just makes you want more of it.
The background music could be discussed again, as well as the text should be urgently proofread and the formatting adjusted.
So the only hope is that this project will be planned with more foresight and will be able to exist and meet expectations.
Hey mate,

Thank you for the comment and for playing the game! Related to the music, some will be changed with this update and I think I know what particular music you are referring to. Related to the writing, the text goes through a proofreader so it will help me a lot if you could point an example/some examples so I can forward them to the person that does the proofreading in order to improve.
Related to my previous project, I don't want anyone to erase anything related to Vis. The reason why I haven't done a rebranding was for people to see who I am and not to erase anything but understand. With Vis, I already have an approach and it will be left to choose the best course for the game. Abandoning the game is not on the table, even tho it will probably get that tag on F95 until I return to the game. Until I raise some resources and upgrade my PC. Until then I will complete this game, Highway to Hell, that was on the table for when Vis would have been completed.

Markosh_1973

Nov 29, 2020
Hey mate,

Thank you for the comment and for playing the game! Related to the music, some will be changed with this update and I think I know what particular music you are referring to. Related to the writing, the text goes through a proofreader so it will help me a lot if you could point an example/some examples so I can forward them to the person that does the proofreading in order to improve.
Related to my previous project, I don't want anyone to erase anything related to Vis. The reason why I haven't done a rebranding was for people to see who I am and not to erase anything but understand. With Vis, I already have an approach and it will be left to choose the best course for the game. Abandoning the game is not on the table, even tho it will probably get that tag on F95 until I return to the game. Until I raise some resources and upgrade my PC. Until then I will complete this game, Highway to Hell, that was on the table for when Vis would have been completed.
Thanks for your answer, because of the text passages I would have to play/read everything again, unfortunately I have not remembered the respective passages.... Sorry ;-)
I only noticed during reading that sometimes just a "the" or "a/an" is missing. And the typical your/you're mistakes.
Maybe it's intentional and should be a kind of slang, me personally such little things unfortunately disturb my reading flow, please have some indulgence -> I'm already old.

And yes, I loved playing Vis and miss it! Fantastic story!

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
Hey mate,

pretty sure you can have the on hold tag instead of abandoned for Vis

3.60 star(s) 13 Votes