4.30 star(s) 253 Votes

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
I am excited to see what mental gymnastic the dev gonna have to do to somehow allow us to bone Emma.
Here's a first draft:

MC: "Charlotte, can I bone Emma?"
Charlotte: "Sure, no problem."
Charlotte: "By the way, maybe Suzi wants too...and Lucy..." (inner thoughts: and I could use a good fuck again too...).

Well, maybe it still needs a little rework....

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I am excited to see what mental gymnastic the dev gonna have to do to somehow allow us to bone Emma.
Not that difficult at all. Just for her to find out and accept that Zack is an asshole, and that MC has always been the one that cares about her. She then starts to have romantic feelings toward MC. One thing led to another, and they'd eventually have sex with Emma being the one initiating the talk.
As far as I remember, DB said he was pushing first for a father/daughter relationship before getting to romantic one..

So you have a lot of freedom, and I would guess time still, before anything happens...

Here's a first draft:

MC: "Charlotte, can I bone Emma?"
Charlotte: "Sure, no problem."
Charlotte: "By the way, maybe Suzi wants too...and Lucy..." (inner thoughts: and I could use a good fuck again too...).

Well, maybe it still needs a little rework....
Scratch what I've just said, let's go with this!

1337Bob

Jan 31, 2018
DISCLAIMER: this is all my opinion. Please disagree all you want. But given I was asked, I am explaining why I think it is a bad idea.

Ok, let me paraphrase that so that you can see what I meant more clearly.

Your argument is valid if there is not limitation on resources. If, for example, DB could create any possible scenario, then sure, let include one simply for the reason of people that enjoy it taking. In fact I would also enjoy an scenario in which MC deviates from the sacred Timeline and he is captured from the Time Variant Authority. If there is an Alligator Loki, I want a Koala Emma*, given the way she hugs MC in one of the images.

The idea of a harem is very hard to pull consistently, without violating character's internal behavior. Here what you are saying is essentially that Charlotte, a woman that has suffered from the abused of multiple man, would be willing to share the same man with her two children and her sister in a romantic way. That Sucy, that has showed pure hatred towards MC (this could change though) would be willing to have her sister, the one she protects above all, date a guy that has to split himself between 4 other persons. Emma, that for all I love her is essentially a self centered child that goes to the point of justifying sex of her love interest as a manipulation made by a woman to rationalize not being number one in her lover's eyes would be ok to share MC among any other. And Lucy, that has always felt jealousy against her sister would forever feel she is simply being number two.

Of course, you could try and do something in which all this different personalities would learn to love and like such an scenario and all live happily ever after. But that is not consistent behavior.

Truth is, Charlotte will always find it weird that a mid thirties (my guess) guy is doing her extremely innocent daughter, imagine if he is also fucking her. Lucy will most likely never be able to stop feeling like an additional wheel if she was in a relationship with MC and her sister, given her inferiority complex. Suzy's personality would have to go from pure rage to a puppy that accepts everything and Emma would need a lot of maturing to understand that she would not be the center of attention but simply one from a group.

But realistically, it is an almost impossible scenario to pull in a way that would fit the rest of the story. This is not a comedy, not a parody, not a fuck fest in which MC's cock is god given. This novel is (obviously my opinion but I would guess is a fairly educated guess) is trying to go for a more serious dramatic approach.

It is also the kind of thing in which most choices are almost irrelevant, as they are not real choices. For a choice to be real you have to give up when you make a choice. If you can have everything, then why make the choice to have less than everything? Choices like that are not real options but simply a right answer and a wrong answer. If you want, a choice is only as good as what you leave behind. So having a harem, in which you are choosing all girls, also means you are choosing no one. It is really the most pointless decision in the game.

So given that DB still have to advance a lot the plot and that you have, on the very least 4 routes to make, I can only see a harem route as a waste of time and effort for something that would not fit the rest of the story. It is simply pure fan service made to inflate the reader's ego about how phenomenal they are that all love interest are willing to share him. They are fun to have? yes, but they are really a joke route most of the time in any more serious novel.

There is a lot of novels that are made simply to go and try to make a harem. But I personally don't see how a harem setting will work here.

DISCLAIMER 2: I do enjoy harem in games in which it make sense, if you have not played it play Once in a Lifetime. It is complete and it is fucking awesome! And the harem setting makes a lot of sense given the overall mood of the novel.

Edit: highlighted the most important part of this wall of text.

*Bunny, kitten or puppy also works
You make it sound like polyamory doesn't exist in real life.

Resource is the least of the problem and definitely the one thing that dev definitely has. I'll show you how the dev could do all that you mentioned. Think about it as if the game will now have 5 different endings instead of 4 because of the harem ending.

Endings 1/2/3/4 are basically achieved by only romancing one love interest in the playthrough. We can agree on this. Ending 5 (harem) is basically achieved by choosing to romance every love interest in the playthrough. So how do we make it work without having to rewrite the whole game? It's reasonably simple. Develop the game without locking the options. Don't create choices where you have to choose one or the other (ex: it's Saturday night, don't force players to choose going on a date with Emma or Lucy), but instead separate them so they don't affect one another (ex: the date with Emma is on Saturday night, the date with Lucy is on a Sunday night) to ensure that each romance route is independent.

Therefore, all 5 endings would have the same playthrough up to right before the actual ending where it branches into ending 1/2/3/4/5. Ending 1/2/3/4 will be straight forward to the end. Ending 5 would be bigger ending because it'd require additional scenes to develop the characters further to fit into the harem ending. Ultimately, everyone would feel pissed off at the start (especially Charlotte and Suzi), but they'd come to accept that MC is such an amazing person that it's best that MC loves all of them equally, and they all equally love him back.

Logically, the justification for Charlotte's character is something like "MC is the only man that I can trust. He is the only one that doesn't just abuse women. I can't trust other men, but I can trust MC. So why wouldn't I trust him with my sister and daughters? I know he'd treat them right". Similarly with Suzi, "I'm overprotective of Emma, but eventually she will find a boyfriend. Isn't it better that her boyfriend is someone like MC rather than Zack or the other useless school kids? At least I know for sure he'd never hurt her". I also disagree with your notion that Emma is self-centered that she won't share. She literally already wished MC is her dad which implied that she'd be happy if Charlotte ends up with MC. It's only a matter of development that she'd then realized that she also had romantic feelings toward MC, and that she loves them all that she'd be fine with sharing. Lucy is easiest to fit into harem, she'd do anything just to be with MC, sharing him with her supermodel sister doesn't mean she's the second choice, it actually means that she's on the same level as Charlotte.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not asking for a harem ending. I don't think harem is needed in this game. Just want to say that it's perfectly possible to make the character consistent while having harem ending if that's what the dev wants to.
I generally agree that 'harem', (or more accurately, sharing, as harem has a lot of meanings) isn't suitable for Hillside.

However, I can think of one exception that is plausible, a Lucy and Charlotte share MC scenario.

I imagine it would go something along the lines of being in a relationship or involved with Lucy. Lucy realises that MC is the only man Charlotte trusts or feels affection for. Lucy, overcoming her previous past jealous towards Charlotte, encourages MC to pursue Charlotte romantically so Charlotte has a chance at happiness too. Shenanigans ensue and MC ends up with in a relationship with both.

I'll emphasise that this is plausible with the story as currently written, not necessarily the best or most likely outcome narratively.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
I imagine it would go something along the lines of being in a relationship or involved with Lucy. Lucy realises that MC is the only man Charlotte trusts or feels affection for. Lucy, overcoming her previous past jealous towards Charlotte, encourages MC to pursue Charlotte romantically so Charlotte has a chance at happiness too. Shenanigans ensue and MC ends up with in a relationship with both.
In theory, I agree with this. If harem were to be a thing in the game, the whole sharing thing definitely revolves around accepting that MC is the one that brings happiness to them because MC has consistently been the one that does the right thing to them throughout the game. It's less of "let's share this one guy with everyone" but more of "it isn't really that bad of an idea if I have to share him with everyone as long as we're all happy". That's why I won't even limit it to just Lucy and Charlotte. Even Suzi and Emma could easily be written in without ruining their characters. The fact that the four Lloyds already care and love for one another made it so much easier for them to accept sharing because they don't want to take the person who brings them happiness away from each other. They want the best for each other.

Reactions: HansDampf788

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
great job with polishing the update! Lucy is such an underrated character and absolutely love how shes written. All main characters for that matter, are uniquely written and each have their own personality.

i keep thinking about a lucy and emma threesome heh

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
I generally agree that 'harem', (or more accurately, sharing, as harem has a lot of meanings) isn't suitable for Hillside.

However, I can think of one exception that is plausible, a Lucy and Charlotte share MC scenario.

I'll emphasise that this is plausible with the story as currently written, not necessarily the best or most likely outcome narratively.
this is proof you are dead inside, harem is ALWAYS suitable!!

Reactions: HansDampf788

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
I even mentioned Once in a Lifetime, a harem game, as an example of a total marvelous game.
It's interesting you mentioned Once in a Lifetime as a marvelous harem game despite the fact that it followed the same format as what I proposed in Hillside. The routes are largely independent of one another, and the sharing didn't happen until the end of the game. Heck, the game didn't even have the sisters confronting MC since they just found out on their own and immediately so readily accepted that they're ok with sharing. Somehow you considered the game as marvelous despite lacking justification of why the characters are ok with sharing. On the other hand, you're so readily to reject any plausible explanations as to why the characters in Hillside could be ok with sharing. So clearly you aren't judging the two games with the same criteria.

More important, though, I explicitly said that I was explaining why I think this is wrong for this game under realistically constraints in development. You have literally said how are you solving the problem by each "route is independent of one another." This is the key assumption you don't see to have a problem lifting, while I think it is not a good approach, as it render choices irrelevant: what you do only matter in each route, but then you are simply optimizing individually, getting the best route individually and at the end choosing which route to go for or all together. Therefore, killing a lot of potential conflict that is natural in relationships.
I don't quite understand what you meant by this. What do you exactly mean with wanting the choices to be relevant? Can you please provide examples? Because my idea of independent routes definitely doesn't mean choices are irrelevant by any means.

Nov 23, 2020
It's interesting you mentioned Once in a Lifetime as a marvelous harem game despite the fact that it followed the same format as what I proposed in Hillside. The routes are largely independent of one another, and the sharing didn't happen until the end of the game. Heck, the game didn't even have the sisters confronting MC since they just found out on their own and immediately so readily accepted that they're ok with sharing. Somehow you considered the game as marvelous despite lacking justification of why the characters are ok with sharing. On the other hand, you're so readily to reject any plausible explanations as to why the characters in Hillside could be ok with sharing. So clearly you aren't judging the two games with the same criteria.
Once in a Lifetime had harem from the start, I can confirm since I was and still am a patron for Caribdis when the game was 1/3 of its production. Also, the routes for each character depended on how many affection points you had with that character, for example one of the characters requires you to fuck on the very last train cabin in order for you to keep the relationship alive and not get cucked. Another one is the most recent one
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
. Finally about the whole readily accepting is just wrong, it was established that the little sister wanted to fuck the MC for the longest time, hence why we see the pool scene where she allows him to use her as a masturbating outlet. Then we arrive to the dark haired girl first sex scene and she legit tells you to keep the relationship a secret as she is afraid that the little sister will find out. Eventually everyone accepts because why not its a harem game and it was already explained in the game why. Teacher wanted to be satisfied, rich girl wanted to be dominated, little sister older brother complex, older sister little brother complex, little sister friend adventurous side and finally the step mom having an oedipus rex side.

stahalle

Jul 11, 2018
and this is why i hate it that ppl leak beta versions. you costantly have ppl that complain that there is nothing new, and think bad of the dev. there should be a rule that just full updates should be postet here.

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
and this is why i hate it that ppl leak beta versions. you costantly have ppl that complain that there is nothing new, and think bad of the dev. there should be a rule that just full updates should be postet here.
I agree with that except it was the dev himself that delivered the beta so calm your tits batman

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Once in a Lifetime had harem from the start, I can confirm since I was and still am a patron for Caribdis when the game was 1/3 of its production. Also, the routes for each character depended on how many affection points you had with that character, for example one of the characters requires you to fuck on the very last train cabin in order for you to keep the relationship alive and not get cucked.
That exactly showcased how it's following similar/same format as what I proposed to the other person. The fact that Once in a Lifetime had harem from the start is irrelevant because what defines whether the game goes to harem route or not is purely based on points and specific choices. If you don't have enough points, the game simply eliminated the harem scenes/route as if they don't exist.

Finally about the whole readily accepting is just wrong, it was established that the little sister wanted to fuck the MC for the longest time, hence why we see the pool scene where she allows him to use her as a masturbating outlet. Then we arrive to the dark haired girl first sex scene and she legit tells you to keep the relationship a secret as she is afraid that the little sister will find out. Eventually everyone accepts because why not its a harem game and it was already explained in the game why. Teacher wanted to be satisfied, rich girl wanted to be dominated, little sister older brother complex, older sister little brother complex, little sister friend adventurous side and finally the step mom having an oedipus rex side.
This is completely irrelevant to the discussion that I had with the other person because what you're describing here is simply why each love interest individually falls in love with MC. It mentioned nothing about the core of harem which is sharing. The thing that the other person rejected is the sharing part, not the fact that the Lloyds could individually fall in love with MC in Hillside.

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
So.. can people answer me this question.. You all know who I am focusing on.

But, I was keeping all routes open to see what happened (let there be chaos). Now I read in Zoey's WT that if Lucy is open Kaylah's will be closed?

Is that how it goes?
It seems to be that way. I had Lucy's closed, and Kaylah asked me, so it's probably reversed as well.

Reactions: Turki 10

DIRTY Filthy RAT

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
OMG I can’t believe they turned this macho tough guy mc into a fucking prude. How do you turn down Lucy (who I’ve picked as my LI) and made every choice to show I picked her. She’s sitting on top of you on a bed with her tits out for Christ sake with pierced nipples and he acts like a fuckin monk. Oh this is going too fast can we please slow down, Im not ready for this, even gets Lucy to accuse you of not wanting her. How the fuck was their not a choice either have sex or not. But to make us just watch it play out really bothered me. I would be done with this game if the story want so damn good, but that was pathetic, that looked like the path you would get if you didn’t pick Lucy.

4.30 star(s) 253 Votes