4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

Bendover885

Jan 29, 2020
If the animations are well designed, then sure. If they are not just right, they can be a real distraction. I do not want anything [potentially] ruining my MC's night with Charlotte, whenever that will be, given how significant and pivotal that moment could be.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
There is more than few games kinda ruined by "animated" sex scenes (the freshest example - OoL), so we can only wait and see how those things will be implemented here.
While I agree that good animations could improve game, Im one of those who always prefer good story, renders, and decent update frequency over (usually poorly) animated scenes.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Not to disturb the animation discussion but did a Hillside fan art thread ever get started? I've been learning DAZ recently and I have a fair rendition of Lucy I could share for her fans. She was the easiest to try. The others will have to wait until my skills greatly improve.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
great job, and if i might say it - perhaps looks even better than in the game(y)

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Not to disturb the animation discussion but did a Hillside fan art thread ever get started? I've been learning DAZ recently and I have a fair rendition of Lucy I could share for her fans. She was the easiest to try. The others will have to wait until my skills greatly improve.
Only thing I dislike are the black roots of hair. Not a critique on you, but on her dying her head. I think natural color would be great for her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6pak2go

6pak2go

May 27, 2020
Only thing I dislike are the black roots of hair. Not a critique on you, but on her dying her head. I think natural color would be great for her.
Well, I might do a "fresh bleach, roots tidy up" and a natural color version for fun. Easy to make those changes. Good idea.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ayhsel

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
The only way I can see animations not impacting the delivery schedule is if DarkBlue hires someone to do them for him. Given that they will hit their next funding goal soon it's probably not a bad solution. If animations means longer delays between releases or updates with less story content then I'd rather go without.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I retouched that photo for a big Lucy fan on Discord. Here it is with blond hair. The colorization isn't great but you get the idea. She's so cute in this shot.

Super hot still! Maybe it was a the difference between short and long hair? I still think brunette>= blond but no so sure anymore. But with long hair definitely is way cuter.

Great job!

Reactions: Repuci and 6pak2go

Bolero

Jan 20, 2018
About animations. They can obviously make the game better and more immersive, but the important thing is how good they are. I played games with low quality, short animations that just made the game look cheap, they would be better with just having still images.
So animations and cinematics done good like in Summer´s gone or Midnight Paradise for example, add a lot to the game. But obviously they are not easy to make and probably take a lot of time and probably a talented animator ( i am not a developer so i do not know).

Anyways animations would be a good addition to the game ( if they are not done just for the sake of having them, cheaply), but honestly i am quite happy how the game is right now without animations, but every improvement on an already good game is welcomed.

Reactions: mistercoon

leonox

Oct 10, 2017
A few words and tips about animations:

- First of all, well-animated sexual scenes are always a big plus for this kind of games, at least for me. For non-sexual scenes, animations are useless except if you need to depict a special scene.

- Making simple animations in Daz Studio is easy since you just need to put some static poses in Daz's timeline and let it do the magic. You can also use the Puppeteer tool although it will take some time to learn it. But animating something more complicated (like sex scenes) is really hard.

- Devs who are not very experienced in animation can use these ready scenes: They are really nice except the fact that you have to do some posing at the genitals of the characters in most of them. There is no reason to render all of the 200+ frames. Just try to find the frame that makes some loop for the characters movement.

- If I were a dev I wouldn't use my money to upgrade my PC. I would use money for buying a second PC which I would use only for rendering the animated scenes. So, using some ready animated scenes (like those from renderotica) and having a second PC for rendering them, doesn't add a lot of time for making every update.

Just my opinion, thanks for reading :)

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
To echo what so many others have said already, adding animations would be great, particularly for the lewd/sex scenes. I don't mind shorter looped animations but of course the more complex ones are more rewarding. In the end though I think an important question is, how much longer would development time be extended with animations?

I posted this image on Discord recently.
ooh she actually looks better with her long natural brown hair!

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Well there is a simple thing for having it not add a lot to dev time, simply keep them for important things, running on the beach yeah maybe leave the animation out, Emma finely realising her foot fetish and given us a footjob, sure have it for that.

This game doesn't feel like it is going to jump into a fuck fest, so if only sex scenes are added then it won't slow things down too much, you don't have to add fucking every update if people are still playing this game clearly it is those of us not fussed on there being tons of mindless sex, I am a supporter of Sylphine and I have played the alphas, there is no new sex coming to the next update and it is certainly not hurting that game, nor would it hurt this one.

It does need animations, if after all this delay and build up sex with Emma for example it is just static images it would be hugely anticlimatic.
I mean come on, it's playing the hero, the ultimate reward is saving and getting the girl, it needs to be rewarding, and image of our dick at Emmas pussy lips, then half in, then all in, back out and in, then a cumshot ain't going to cut it by the time it finely happens.
Of course, I assume we are going to have sex, let's face it if any game could make sense with no sex this would be one of the few, certainly with regards to what Emma's mum went through.

Reactions: HansDampf788

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
I hear that guy ( Fatcat or whatshecalled) that does animations for Dual Family is looking for work. ;)

Chronos169

Jul 14, 2020
Charlie looks in the second pic a little bit like Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor in Terminator 2...

That would be a nice Plotwist "IF" Emma would be kidnapped near the End and she goes full Rampage... :D

• Wow
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Repuci and 6pak2go
4.20 star(s) 265 Votes