4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
Absolutely. Love slow-burn games, LOVE this game – decided yesterday after finishing the update that I'm not going to play this until there's two to three patches to go through. It isn't the quality of the update, It's just the game's better when you have time to get truly into it. Just by playing it in short increments I felt that I enjoyed it less.

I need to reiterate my earlier post, in light of Bacchus' excellent post. My issue is not with the pacing – at all. It would feel wrong if everything resolved suddenly.

I don't even know why I replied to a post talking about the pacing, since my gripes were pretty much personal and not related to the contents of the patch. :FacePalm:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Man, Patreon explicitly prohibits depictions of minors performing sexual acts. What adjustments the Author had to do in order to follow their mandatory guidelines are crystal clear to me.

Aren't they crystal clear to you? well, I can't do anything about it.
Absolutely crystal clear to me. I was just explaining what the developer has done to get around the Patreon proscriptions. Perhaps someone will do a Mod that puts Emma's age at a more reasonable level for her emotional maturity. But if they do that, they will have to change a lot of the text, or it will make a lot less sense than it does now. Freshman and sophomore high school students don't take on the projects that Emma has been undertaking.

Chronos169

Jul 14, 2020
Hmm after a quick google search, i have to say for us european people, it is maybe not that easy to understand how exactly the school system in the United States works.
(Referring to the actual discussion about Emmas age and in wich school she belongs.)
So Guys hopefully a understandable/forgivable "mistake" .

Or use your phantasy, the story belongs in a fictive parallel universe @Hillside write it and it is possible the way it is. ;)

albul

Jun 8, 2017
I think the pacing is fine so far. Remember, we're talking about characters who are dealing with serious issues; Charlotte's suffering from severe trauma from years of sexual abuse and a near-death assault, Emma's suffering from systematic bullying that's affecting her self-confidence and self-worth as well as being very sheltered and too naively innocent for her own good, and Suzi is dealing with a blackmailer who's threatening to release scandalous pictures that could ruin her career and she's also a stuck-up brat. Even Lucy's not without her problems, because aside from taking on some of the burden of both Charlotte and Emma's problems, she's also dealing with her own insecurity of always being in Charlotte's shadow and with having guys get close to her only so they can get close to Charlotte. The MC's also not the most stable person either what with his apparent failure to keep a previous charge safe and it's deeply scarred him.

None of these issues are going to be resolved quickly, therefore progression with these characters and relationships is going to take time, and I think it's progressing well and at a fair pace because having the MC or any of these characters get into all sorts of raunchy, sexy shenanigans so early on just doesn't fit the tone of the story being told and would ruined things if it were to go down this route. This is a story about character building emotional connections with each other, not being vapid vessels of pure lust, and so the story is driving the eventual sex scenes and not the sex driving the story.

I think this developer, so far, is very deserving of the praise they're receiving and I don't see any indication that this is a "milking" game.

For starters, the dev only has 3 subscription tiers; $1, $5, and $10. They currently have 597 patrons, so that means they're earning anything from $597 a month, to close to $6000 a month, and that's before Patreon takes their 30% cut. At the most, it's a decent amount of money, but it's not exactly "f*** you" money or even retirement money, not to mention that they won't have been earning this the whole time.

Secondly, I feel you can tell the difference between a milking game and a serious game. For me, milking games have no story. It's just all about sexual teasing and characters dancing around each other but with no actual plot beyond that. Also, they often feature standards character models, standard set pieces, and stuck-on clothes with no morphs, and even when the renders do look good, it's still just a ploy to draw people in. With serious games, you can tell that a lot more effort has gone into them, particularly when it comes to building the world around the characters and with how much depth the characters have. There's also an underlying story, whether that be something that arcs over all the characters, or it's individual character stories dealing with their own issues and problems to be resolved. So given all that, I'd class this as a serious game.

And finally, this game first released last year and in less than 10 months it's had 7 updates after its initial release. The updates haven't been particularly large in size, ranging from 138 renders in the first release to 359 in the recent update, but there's a lot of quality in each update in terms of the story and the development of these characters and their relationships to each other, so much so that we will likely see the biggest leap forward in the next update with regards to Charlotte and the MC. So, for a new developer, I think they're doing alright so far and setting a good pace. It might be another 2 or even 3 years to reach the end, but if it maintains and even improves on the quality seen so far, it will be one of the best games that's been made.
Do you have a source on that 30% patreon cut? All I can find is 5-12%, which is a bit far removed from the amount you are stating.

xupenzio72

Jul 14, 2019
Edit 07/03/2021: Attaching below the v0.8 In-Game Walkthrough Mod
Which can also be found on my .

*NEW* I added a blinking indicator for those sneaky hotspots that unlocks hidden achievements as shown in the picture below:
View attachment 951318
Enjoy!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Is still working?? I paste all the docs inside game folder and i dont have to overwrite any file

Qleaf

Workaholic
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Oct 14, 2016
Is still working?? I paste all the docs inside game folder and i dont have to overwrite any file
It is working.

If the files got pasted without overwrite message, then it's okay it will still work.
Best choice will be highlighted in green. If there is no highlight, then it's free choice.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Hmm after a quick google search, i have to say for us european people, it is maybe not that easy to understand how exactly the school system in the United States works.
(Referring to the actual discussion about Emmas age and in wich school she belongs.)
So Guys hopefully a understandable/forgivable "mistake" .

Or use your phantasy, the story belongs in a fictive parallel universe @Hillside write it and it is possible the way it is. ;)
I find it interesting that the developer is obviously British, and yet the setting of the game is equally obvious the Beverly Hills area of Los Angeles. Unless the developer has spent time in that area of the USA, some mistakes may creep in.

Reactions: Chronos169

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
Damn, it's one step forward and two steps backward with these people. Obviously, trauma will be a constant deterrent for the relationships progressing, and characters are allowed to be irrational, but it gets a bit exhausting when everyone in the story (apart from maybe Emma) is carrying around serious baggage and have to tiptoe around each other, constantly getting their wires crossed. It's almost like the setup for a comedy of errors, except it deals with heavy topics instead.

The overall theme and situation is compelling, the writing and production values are good, but I wonder how much the pacing is affected by the necessity of the episodic format.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Weasel_Face

Sep 16, 2020
I don't understand the connection between Emma's age and maturity? She is 18 but lives a life enclosed in bubble wrap. Due to her Mom's hatred of men she shelters Emma in a big way from the real world so that Emma's perception of the way things work is gleaned from watching "Pool Boy". She is a social outcast at school so there is no instillation of "street smarts" just what she gets from her mom. Her sister & aunt aren't really helping either, they seem to be fanning the flames of her fantasy world. It will be the MC's job (unofficially) to wake her up to reality as he has already started doing with the last update and Emma was grateful for it. He just needs to start letting her know about some of the other truths being hidden from her.

For the life of me, I can't see any viable sexual relationship between MC and Emma that would not seem predatory due to her naivety.

mythor55

Oct 1, 2018
Why so complicated? If you really love Emma: show her.

Whether she's naive or not doesn't matter.

Pennel

Jun 4, 2017
Remember: Charlotte is 39-40 and Suzi is 19-20 FOR SURE. Mind the gap age between Emma and Suzi. Story told us that Emma just started her 2nd year after summer. So she's 15 (14 if she was born in september-december).
The in game character page from the main menu tells you their ages.

Charlotte is 40 (the page says 39 but her birthday was this update, so it's outdated now)
Lucy is 34
Emma is 18
Suzi is 20

Reactions: Walter Victor

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Why because Emma is 18 and acts like she is 13, if that was a crime this site would be dead.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Why because Emma is 18 and acts like she is 13, if that was a crime this site would be dead.
not that but if she would be 14-15 years old as has been speculated on this thread then it'd be problem.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Yes well her profile says 18, so people can speculate all they want, especially the retards who will get uppity over her being under 18 with a steam library full of games with the sole purpose of killing.

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes