4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

echizen128

Sep 5, 2017
Did I miss something? All the main characters eventually find out about Zak and Jenny. Why are they as supportive as they are about Emma going out with him? Do they really think a teenage playboy moviestar is good "first dating experience" material for someone as naive as Emma? Feels rather emotionally manipulative of the story.

Reactions: znar25

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Did I miss something? All the main characters eventually find out about Zak and Jenny. Why are they as supportive as they are about Emma going out with him? Do they really think a teenage playboy moviestar is good "first dating experience" material for someone as naive as Emma? Feels rather emotionally manipulative of the story.
I am pretty sure they state because she is a teen girl who thinks she is "Juliet" they don't want to try and keep her from living life the way she wants.

That's why they feel awful that they have to put her on lock down, and how she resents them for it. That is exactly what they wanted to avoid.

That being said, MC does pretty well hate Zak, and he knows he is going to hurt Emma's feelings, but he hopes it is Emma seeing how he(Zak) is, which she does realize in the Theater, and not after she is truly hurt. But he doesn't know the "bad guy" was still on the loose.

Honestly the weirdest part of all that is MC knowing a teen girl well enough to know they had to let her be. He doesn't have kids and his friends do not seem to either.

Bendover885

Jan 29, 2020
I am pretty sure they state because she is a teen girl who thinks she is "Juliet" they don't want to try and keep her from living life the way she wants.

That's why they feel awful that they have to put her on lock down, and how she resents them for it. That is exactly what they wanted to avoid.

That being said, MC does pretty well hate Zak, and he knows he is going to hurt Emma's feelings, but he hopes it is Emma seeing how he(Zak) is, which she does realize in the Theater, and not after she is truly hurt. But he doesn't know the "bad guy" was still on the loose.

Honestly the weirdest part of all that is MC knowing a teen girl well enough to know they had to let her be. He doesn't have kids and his friends do not seem to either.
My take as well. Charlotte and company don't want to ruin her first big date, in spite of the risk. That's the dilemma of a parent: letting your kids live their life even when you know they may get hurt. DB did a good job portraying that.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
My take as well. Charlotte and company don't want to ruin her first big date, in spite of the risk. That's the dilemma of a parent: letting your kids live their life even when you know they may get hurt. DB did a good job portraying that.
End of a future episode everyone enjoying themselves around the table. "Hey Honey, you remember your very first date when Zak got murdered?" :::::laughter all around:::::
Someone: "Please pass the gravy."

::::roll credits:::::

Ahx

Jul 9, 2021
Well, he is a bodyguard. They receive training to help them understand how people behave in certain circumstances and when a situation develops a potential danger. Body language and whatnot. It's a basic part of their training. There certainly is no age restriction for clients to be guarded by a Bodyguard. He doesn't just understand "a teenage girl", he understands people in general.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Well, the story had to move forward somehow: Zak the retarded teen movie idol had to be killed by Carter in front of Emma (somewhat), I guess - he had to die (fuck yeah) and Emma had to learn what was happening (it was about time) and why MC was her bodyguard.

Now, lewd action please. :coffee:

iamnext

Feb 6, 2022
I have just finished my first play through but I am confused about one thing. We know that MC used to be bodyguard of Emma ( the dead one ) but when Charlotte asks how he knowns Jason ( the one that almost beat her to death ) he mention he worked for him as well and mentions he use to drug Emma and when he confronted him he got fired. So does he use to work for both of them at some point ???

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I have just finished my first play through but I am confused about one thing. We know that MC used to be bodyguard of Emma ( the dead one ) but when Charlotte asks how he knowns Jason ( the one that almost beat her to death ) he mention he worked for him as well and mentions he use to drug Emma and when he confronted him he got fired. So does he use to work for both of them at some point ???
Nope, MC wasn't her bodyguard. He was her friend(zoned) and tried to help her.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
MC was Jason's bodyguard. Jason was Emma's manager or smth.
Not completely sure I remember it correctly though.
I'm pretty sure that MC never actually worked for Emma, he just feels like he should have protected her from Jason better after finding out that Jason drugged her.
So technically, he never lost a client he was hired to protect. He lost a friend he knew was in trouble and needed protection from his (ex-)client.

Last edited:

Jordan369

Feb 2, 2020
No, MC says it was his job to protect her (Emma) when he talks to Charlotte. Charlotte says she got him the job protecting Emma.

BillyPlums

Nov 17, 2021
No, MC says it was his job to protect her (Emma) when he talks to Charlotte. Charlotte says she got him the job protecting Emma.
There is some confusion because there are 2 characters named Emma in the game. You are talking about Charlotte's daughter and are correct in your statements. They are talking about the other Emma (now deceased). She was killed before the opening scenes of the game, and is seen (I think) in flashbacks.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
There is some confusion because there are 2 characters named Emma in the game. You are talking about Charlotte's daughter and are correct in your statements. They are talking about the other Emma (now deceased). She was killed before the opening scenes of the game, and is seen (I think) in flashbacks.
No, we are all talking about the dead Emma. That story isn't clear, either.

Oh, right! Now I remember it too.
Now I'm confused about the sequence of past events there. I guess it would make sense that he worked for Jason before he worked for Emma. I guess he didn't meet Emma while he was working for Jason. Which girl was it then he tried to protect while he was working for Jason, that got him fired?
Either I don't remember all the pieces of the back story correctly or the initial back story was changed later.
All I can say is that I'm quite a bit confused.
I guess I should read it from the beginning again and try to put the pieces together to try to make sense of it. I just don't have time to do it right now.

Last edited:

Jordan369

Feb 2, 2020
I was talking about the past Emma that died. Charlotte was the one who got MC the job protecting her. And I know she was killed before the start of the game.

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes