4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

larona

Nov 2, 2021
What a game, honestly I'd like a bit more sexy time and I hope there will be substantially more, but the story is very interesting to follow, great game!

Reactions: DADIANA
Sep 3, 2020
People have been complaining about having no sex, slow burn, and about Charlotte not opening up to MC this entire time. I read like a thousand of comments before start commenting and when I comment I do responding to everything I have seen so far. If you have never seen anyone complaining about no sex scenes with any of the characters and specially with charlotte. So yes I am the only one talking about it, and mentioning it. lol

It will only get hostile if people want to. As long as you keep quoting me, and by you I mean anyone who's quoting me, I will respond with what I think about it. Either if you guys like my answer or not. It is up to you.
fair enough

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I think people are being too tough on Charlotte because of how traumatized she was after the assault. Folks process trauma differently and Charlotte certainly seems to respond to it with extremely avoidant behaviors. It isn't uncharacteristic of her to withdraw from people in the wake of a traumatic event. We see her do it over and over. Something violent or scary happens and she turtles up. I've already made my feelings about the Carter event abundantly clear but to put it aside it doesn't really matter if the MC was right or wrong, only how Charlotte perceived the event. She's a civilian and she isn't used to watching people die. This is different than when he gave a guy a punch to defend Kayla. All that incident proved to her is that the MC is willing and able to disable an opponent without killing them. She is convinced that he could have done so in this case as well, but as she is going through the process of absorbing other people's points of view (and she does hear them out) she realizes that it wasn't just about what she saw but larger implications that she either wasn't aware of or didn't consider. I can't really say that Charlotte was wrong for being afraid of MC after watching him kill a cop. If anything, her reaction to it was quite understated. Their quarrel about it lasted only the length of a single update and given the extremity of the event that isn't unreasonable. In fact, I am kind of amazed. She was scared of his tattoo, after all, so it would have been more uncharacteristic if she didn't react the way that she did after seeing him turn a guy room temperature in a dirty alley.

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
This is total crap. In fact, you argument is flawed in so many levels. No 2 abused scenarios are the same. So according to your own argument no two persons should be able to speak on behalf of others. Even more, how the fuck do you know exactly what abused wnat of their abusers? You are speaking for others while you just said you shouldn't unless you were abused, but again, no abuse is equal to another. So.. how is it? Stop contradicting yourself.

Wow you missed the point. I am not putting myself in MC's point of view but on Charlotte.

I am saying that if I hire someone to protect my daughter, she is attacked, that someone saves her life and mine, that person has my trust. Am I happy he killed? No. But doubting? Absoutely fucking no. He is a trained person, doing his putting his life on the line. Why the fuck should I doubt him?

The argument is flawled only from your point of view. I showed you 2 different scenarios to prove my point. "how the fuck do you know exactly what abused wants of their abusers?" I am a social worker.
The only thing someone who have been abused want is to be free from their abuse and their abusers. That doesn't mean having them killed. Normally a person who suffers from the hand of others doesn't want to inflict harm to anyone.

You don't know what is the background of the writer so why do you wanna force your point of view of the situation into him?

I didn't agree with the direction the Dev took on chapter 11, reason why I made a lot of criticism at the time. But I liked the way he handled it. A person who never killed anyone, on any circumstances will think that taking someone's life in cold blood is something normal. and will cope with it very well. Charlotte already had trust issues due to everything she suffered, seeing how easy the guy she hired to protect her daughter killed someone, even if to "protect" her daughter will never see it as normal.

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
I think people are being too tough on Charlotte because of how traumatized she was after the assault. Folks process trauma differently and Charlotte certainly seems to respond to it with extremely avoidant behaviors. It isn't uncharacteristic of her to withdraw from people in the wake of a traumatic event. We see her do it over and over. Something violent or scary happens and she turtles up. I've already made my feelings about the Carter event abundantly clear but to put it aside it doesn't really matter if the MC was right or wrong, only how Charlotte perceived the event. She's a civilian and she isn't used to watching people die. This is different than when he gave a guy a punch to defend Kayla. All that incident proved to her is that the MC is willing and able to disable an opponent without killing them. She is convinced that he could have done so in this case as well, but as she is going through the process of absorbing other people's points of view (and she does hear them out) she realizes that it wasn't just about what she saw but larger implications that she either wasn't aware of or didn't consider. I can't really say that Charlotte was wrong for being afraid of MC after watching him kill a cop. If anything, her reaction to it was quite understated. Their quarrel about it lasted only the length of a single update and given the extremity of the event that isn't unreasonable. In fact, I am kind of amazed. She was scared of his tattoo, after all, so it would have been more uncharacteristic if she didn't react the way that she did after seeing him turn a guy room temperature in a dirty alley.
Man. Thank you.

I may not be the nicest guy to reply to people with my point of view like you are, but I agree with you 100%. If I could write in english like you to seem less agressive on my comments I would lol.

You said everything I've been saying in a shorter and nicer way :D

This is exactly what I mean. This is her character. She has been like this since the start and I completely understand her. Someone like her would never see he killing someone with good eyes. Even though she didn't accept it very well, she went on his defense at the police station. And as you mentioned, she looked for other people's point of view to see if she was overreacting.

Reactions: Smarmint

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
The argument is flawled only from your point of view. I showed you 2 different scenarios to prove my point. "how the fuck do you know exactly what abused wants of their abusers?" I am a social worker
Being a social worker does not make you right. You have not seen the whole population of abused people. And even if you have, you cannot assume your observation of them is actually right.
And you contradicted youself. You say you showed 2 scenarios and then again claimed you know what svery single aboused person wants.
You don't know what is the background of the writer so why do you wanna force your point of view of the situation into him?
When did I talk about writer's background? I was talking about Charlotte.

And even then, writing fictioms means you can write outside of your own experience.
Flash news: no fantasy writer ever fought a dragon!

My critique was that from what is known of Charlotte's character, her reaction seems wrong. It shows a lack of potential growth. It is fine from a point of view of real life, a percentage of people can react like that, but it is not good for the story.

This is was a literary critique. But you tried to make it an analysis, flawed by the way, of abused people.
I didn't agree with the direction the Dev took on chapter 11, reason why I made a lot of criticism at the time. But I liked the way he handled it. A person who never killed anyone, on any circumstances will think that taking someone's life in cold blood is something normal. and will cope with it very well. Charlotte already had trust issues due to everything she suffered, seeing how easy the guy she hired to protect her daughter killed someone, even if to "protect" her daughter will never see it as normal.
Again, that is fine. You can like it. I can diskike it.

If it is about taste, there is nothing to discuss.

If it is about writing overall, we can argue whether something makes sense for the story or not.

For example, I guess it is a safe assumption to claim that if the story had been "Emma suddently gets super mad and kills Carter in cold blood" we would all br claiming "what the fuck?!"

Last edited:

Ahx

Jul 9, 2021
Charlotte is a hypocrite!
That's what she is! A fucking hypocrite!
No wonder her ex-hubby kicked her teeth in.

MC: What do you mean by "staying away"?
Charlotte : Exactly what I said! You murderer!
MC : But you hired me to protect Emma!
Charlotte : So what!?
MC : She is right.
Player : No she isn't, you fucking wuss!

Last edited:

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Ok I will answer your question and see if you understand. When this happened in season 11 I was the one person who thought the way it went was really bad. First of all, Carter who wanted to kill Emma, just released her to fight MC with a knife.

If someone had a knife on the neck of my daughter to kill her, I'd kill him first If I could to protect her. That means, If the criminal didn't let her go (like Carter did) and I am skilled enough to pull out my gun and shoot him right in the head. That is what me as a father would do.

But that is not what happened. He released Emma. What I would do then was either runaway (with my daughter and her mother) or stay and fight while my daugther would runaway with her mother. Or even if I wanted to end his life, I'd pull out my gun as soon as he released her and shoot him, probably multiple times, if I wasn't in the right state of mind. But I would take responsability for what I'd done. I wouldn't think that the girl's mother should see me as a good guy, when I knew exactly what I was doing and I killed the guy intentionally. See the difference?

The problem in this discussion right now is people thinking that she should just be ok, fully trust him now and then open her legs to MC.

Now lets go back to what really happened in this VN. Carter left go of Emma, MC Fought him bravely with his bare hands, disarmed the man, immobilized him, then just killed the guy. Do you see the difference here? It was not something that happened so fast that he had no time to think. If he went to the trouble of doing all that, why kill Carter then, specially in front of Emma? Her life wasn't in danger that it would be categorized as self defense anymore.

He decided to take the man's life. At that point he should face the justice according to his actions and not expect that Charlotte would see it as an amazing action. You guys complaining about how she reacted, and saying she overreacted, or she not trusting him is a bunch of crap is the only thing I am going against right now lol.
For MC that might be his breakfast of every morning. But it is not how Charlotte sees or feel about it and that is 200% understandable.

If someone hurts your child and you wanna kill them for it. That is your decision. Just don't expect others to see it as ok or legal because it is not, unless it is self defense.
Ok sir , you think you are right and Mc should let him go to cut Charlotte to pieces as he already said or go to a police station who has been told it is full of corruption as FBI agent told him before.

Fortuna ღ

May 13, 2020
She didn't hire MC to kill people lol. SHe hired him to protect. Protect and killing are 2 different things. The police job is to protect people. Are you telling me that once they got someone immobilized they should then kill that person? If the police whose job is worse than a private bodyguard and they are trained to restrain but not kill why would a bodyguard job be killing someone? This is an outragerous mindset lol.
Detective Carter(hope I'm getting his name right) was about to kill Emma and head for Charlotte soon after. He was armed and very dangerous. You literally see him kill a guy moments before chasing Emma through alleyways. Charlotte's someone who has intimate experience with violence. She, of all people, should have prepared for this outcome. She knew that someone was stalking her daughter. She knows how corrupt and depraved Hillside residents are. She'd experienced first-hand just how messed up those people are. Yet, she draws the line at her bodyguard doing his job? What did she think would happen when she and her bodyguard showed up? The whole reason they went there was due to the fact that a psychopathic murderer was on the hunt for her child.

Your posts do have me curious though... what would you have done in MC's position? A murderer is standing before you, fresh off a kill, and preparing to murder your client and her daughter. Don't forget the huge knife aimed at you!

P.S: You're quite possibly the first person I've seen that makes longer posts than me... cause wow :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

herreraaa

Jan 24, 2020
As far as I remember there is only 4 love choices as Kaylah is a friend with benefits
Suzi is a timeclock bomb... I really hate her.
Emma is "the daughter" but in a caring way
Charlie after this update I just want distance.

So only Lucy for me

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
By the way, Carter's mistake was that he kept rushing at MC after he made a long and deep cut on the MC's bare arm. All he had to do after that was to keeping MC at a distance with his knife until he weakened because of the blood loss. After a short time, he could easily finish off the wounded MC. And then he would have given Charlotte every reason to reconsider her attitude towards MC.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
By the way, Carter's mistake was that he kept rushing at MC after he made a long and deep cut on the MC's bare arm. All he had to do after that was to keeping MC at a distance with his knife until he weakened because of the blood loss. After a short time, he could easily finish off the wounded MC. And then he would have given Charlotte every reason to reconsider her attitude towards MC.
Or, maybe be smart?

You device an genious plan to get MC to come back to town. You make him care about another girl called Emma.

Maybe dont be a total idiot and attack Emma with the upper hand, in a situation you can control the scenario.

And you know what? Carry an actual gun for fuck's sake. MC tries to attack you shoot his fucking leg.

But no... it is better to attack the soldier of fortune several times stronger than you with a fucking knife so he can totally beat you up!!

Definitely makes sense. As a supervillain I know it is our responsibility to explain our evil plans to the hero just when we are about to win in a situation they can totally escape from.

But damn this guy makes us looks like idiots!

Last edited:

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Or, maybe be smart.

You device an genious plan to get MC to come back to town. You make him care about another girl called Emma.

Maybe dont be a total idiot and attack Emma with the upper hand, in a situation you can control the scenario.

And you know what? Carry an actual gun for fuck's sake. MC tries to attack you shoot his fucking leg.

But no... it is better to attack the soldier of fortune several times stronger than you with a fucking knife so he can totally beat you up!!

Definitely makes sense. As a supervillain I know it is our responsibility to explain our evil plans to the hero just when we are about to win in a situation they can totally escape from.

But damn this guy makes us looks like idiots!
Hey do not be so rough on Carter may be he has the disease called (Love killing Emma) so he killed one earlier then kill this Emma to be healed after the 3rd one. :ROFLMAO: :D

• Haha
Reactions: Ass Fan
4.20 star(s) 265 Votes