4.20 star(s) 265 Votes
Oct 17, 2022
What is the progression of this game(in %) and how much time will it take to complete?

Man the story of this avn is something else, i really enjoyed playing this far and i hope dev don't abandon this project.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
What is the progression of this game(in %) and how much time will it take to complete?
i'd say ~halfway.

Does there is new events in the last update from 0.11 to 0.12.1 or just fixing some bugs as said in changeloge ?
12.1 fixes bugs in 12.0 and has new content.

Is there a significant amount of story since the 0.11 version?
there is some but not hrs of play.

Nope, you can't change their names.
well could but that'd be big operation and could possible break the game.

Arcticus12

Dec 10, 2018
God damn the characters in this game are fucking annoying. Every time Suzi sees the MC she just wants to kill him and won't listen to anything anyone says (despite him helping her previously), and Charlotte is not much better. I get this behaviour to some degree but I feel like it's taken too far, it makes it painful to play - I'm literally throwing my hands up in the air at some of the dialogue. Also the romance is ridiculously slow, the payoff better be worth it!! At least the updates are fairly regular. (Yes I know I could just not play the game but the girls are hot, what can I say :KEK:)

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
pic 1: emma hugging mc after he's been away few days.
pic 2: emma making sure that lucy and charl are occupied before going to mc's room
pic 3: charl is waiting mc for brunch and he calls to her that he'll be there in 10 mins

Mamonetti

Apr 4, 2020
pic 1:
Emma (whispering): Oh, is that a boner? *giggle*
MC (whispering): Sorry, please don't tell your mother..
Emma (whispering): It's ok, we'll talk about it later in your room *giggle*

pic 2:
Emma: Ok, they're busy, time to show the MC my new underwear, but.. should I wear the transparent set?

pic 3:
Charlotte: Finally.. it's been a while since the last time I came here. I love the feeling of the breeze when I'm going comando.
MC: *cough* S-Sorry, what?

Kaasje404

Apr 15, 2021
God damn the characters in this game are fucking annoying. Every time Suzi sees the MC she just wants to kill him and won't listen to anything anyone says (despite him helping her previously), and Charlotte is not much better. I get this behaviour to some degree but I feel like it's taken too far, it makes it painful to play - I'm literally throwing my hands up in the air at some of the dialogue. Also the romance is ridiculously slow, the payoff better be worth it!! At least the updates are fairly regular. (Yes I know I could just not play the game but the girls are hot, what can I say :KEK:)
Completely agree, unfortunately it seems like the dev doesn't do animations so the sex scene that was in 0.12 felt kinda disappointing to be honest.

Reactions: AspectOf

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Completely agree, unfortunately it seems like the dev doesn't do animations so the sex scene that was in 0.12 felt kinda disappointing to be honest.
I like animations as much as the next guy, but not every game can be City of Broken Dreamers. However, there are plenty of games, in my opinion, that have very good and hot sex scenes with just a handful of renders. Sure it is not smooth like a fully animated scene, but it gets the point across and can be hot to watch if done well.

The problem with the two sex scenes in this game, is that there is no passion, no real sense of excitement by either character, especially the MC. It seems more dutiful than anything, like the MC says "Well, I guess I better do it then."

Kayla and Lucy, in their scenes, say they are into it, but I was just not feeling it. It was all very dry.

I really didn't get the sense, especially with the Kaylah scene, but also with Lucy, that the MC was enthusiastic, and the whole scene was just cold and lifeless.

I know that these are mainly side characters (sorry Lucy lovers), and the dev is saving the big effort (hopefully), for the more popular LIs, but the scenes were very, very, disappointing as a player. It would have been better to just skip it, than to give it such short shift. It seems like the dev isn't really into the sex scenes himself, and just threw them in to please the fans.

Reactions: Kaasje404

Kaasje404

Apr 15, 2021
I like animations as much as the next guy, but not every game can be City of Broken Dreamers. However, there are plenty of games, in my opinion, that have very good and hot sex scenes with just a handful of renders. Sure it is not smooth like a fully animated scene, but it gets the point across and can be hot to watch if done well.

The problem with the two sex scenes in this game, is that there is no passion, no real sense of excitement by either character, especially the MC. It seems more dutiful than anything, like the MC says "Well, I guess I better do it then."

Kayla and Lucy, in their scenes, say they are into it, but I was just not feeling it. It was all very dry.

I really didn't get the sense, especially with the Kaylah scene, but also with Lucy, that the MC was enthusiastic, and the whole scene was just cold and lifeless.

I know that these are mainly side characters (sorry Lucy lovers), and the dev is saving the big effort (hopefully), for the more popular LIs, but the scenes were very, very, disappointing as a player. It would have been better to just skip it, than to give it such short shift. It seems like the dev isn't really into the sex scenes himself, and just threw them in to please the fans.
Couldn't agree with you more

HillsideVN

Game Developer
May 3, 2020
It seems like the dev isn't really into the sex scenes himself, and just threw them in to please the fans.
The lack of passion is a reflection of my own lack of passion for continuing development due to various struggles I've been having. That's why I just took a month off to try and sort myself out.

After v0.13 has been released I'm going to go back and try to fix some things I'm not happy with, which includes the sex scenes.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
The lack of passion is a reflection of my own lack of passion for continuing development due to various struggles I've been having. That's why I just took a month off to try and sort myself out.

After v0.13 has been released I'm going to go back and try to fix some things I'm not happy with, which includes the sex scenes.
Well then, here's wishing you a better tomorrow. May each day bring opportunity to be better than the last.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019

Take care of yourself, first of all. Your health and happiness is most important. Lots of us, certainly including myself, have had lots of difficult things to deal with these last couple of years.

Despite my comments on the sex scenes, I do really like Hillside and very much look forward to seeing what happens next. It is in my top 20 of games here, so among many hundreds of developers, you, Darkblue, are one of the best.

There are some uneven parts, as we've talked about, but we are only talking about it because we really enjoy the game, and just want to point out ways it can be even better.

My suggestion, is don't look backwards. Nothing in the game is worth focusing much time to improve. Instead, make sex scene number two even better, and work on making the next updates great, which I am sure they will be.

Cheers.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 265 Votes