4.20 star(s) 266 Votes

Andrew39

Jul 11, 2021
If "Testing" begins in March, it'll be "nearly done in late june" dont wanna cause a fuss but it's the same every time.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Twice a year is more than many other devs deliver.
There is a developer who manage one update per year, but he also bring 6-8 hours of new content. There are devs they can bring updates monthly. We should do development time/amount of content. It's more accurate. I say usually one thing; development time should not exide 3 months, 4 tops.

Reactions: kingc123

MrWally

Jul 14, 2018
Feel free to walk on to another VN...
Got lots of ideas, no clue about coding and stuff

But nothing agains this developer. It's a nice VN... but for me, now, after 1.5 yrs it may become a little bit more spicey. Not perticularly with Emma or Charlotte, but there are more woman in this VN

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
so despite DB's promises were back to one update every 5 months with excuses, every. single. time. Game is dead... started off so promising.. Amazing..Best VN in years if not ever...now a convoluted shitshow with twice a year lackluster updates with the sole purpose of keepin the patreon goin...come on? I get everyone likes the renders and the original story but....come on?
Are you sure you understand what "Game is dead" means? Connected is dead. A.O.A is dead. Life Happened is f'ckn dead. And those were amazing games. Go and see how many updates they released last year. A game that is being developed by one person is far from dead with two updates a year. I'd say it's a pretty average speed for the games like this. And what is the point in such complaints? Motivate a developer to work faster? I've never seen it worked, but I've seen the opposite: the developers just abandoned their games because they didn't want to get this pile of shit for their work. The only real mistake I see is that the developer promised certain release frequency (if that really was the case). When the update - when it's ready, take it or leave it.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Are you sure you understand what "Game is dead" means? Connected is dead. A.O.A is dead. Life Happened is f'ckn dead. And those were amazing games. Go and see how many updates they released last year. A game that is being developed by one person is far from dead with two updates a year. I'd say it's a pretty average speed for the games like this. And what is the point [...]
developer promised certain release frequency (if that really was the case). When the update - when it's ready, take it or leave it.
Well, I have been supporting Hillside since for a long time, and don't plan to stop now, but rather than the single developer argument, probably you would get more sympathy if you used the argument "single developer who is not doing this for a living". As far as I know (of course, I may be wrong), Dark Blue is doing this as a side project, it is not getting his living off it, so, it makes even more the case for him of being something done occasionally, not something to which he dedicates his time (aside that at a moment he really took a break, that also counts to make the period between updates look longer).

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Well, I have been supporting Hillside since for a long time, and don't plan to stop now, but rather than the single developer argument, probably you would get more sympathy if you used the argument "single developer who is not doing this for a living". As far as I know (of course, I may be wrong), Dark Blue is doing this as a side project, it is not getting his living off it, so, it makes even more the case for him of being something done occasionally, not something to which he dedicates his time (aside that at a moment he really took a break, that also counts to make the period between updates look longer).
Yes, thanks for the correction, good point, and since this is probably a side project, two updates a year is not a bad result at all. Like everyone else, I can't wait to see what happens next with Charlie, Emma and the rest. But I also understand that the dev's productivity is what it is, and it's unlikely that he'll be able to release twice as many updates unless he dedicate all his time to the game development or find a helper. Yes, it's a bit frustrating that updates don't come out as often as any of us would like, but it's no different from dozens of great games being developed under similar conditions. And in no way does that make the game dead or "a convoluted shitshow", nor does blaming the developer for not being another DPC will lead to anywhere.

Reactions: damnedfrog

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
And what is the point in such complaints? Motivate a developer to work faster? I've never seen it worked, but I've seen the opposite
What?!
Do you mean that even if crouch on my belly, smack the floor with my little fists, while crying until my face become all red, the dev will not increase the pace?!
So, my big tantrum for the last hour, it's for nothing?!
What a shame...
:ROFLMAO:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I do find it strange that the renders are a head of the script as I would of thought it would of been the other way round
Ren'Py script is not the same as the story. I imagine, if the story has already been written but not yet scripted into Ren'Py, you could easily start designing and rendering the CG and leave scripting part for later. Doing it when you have already dealt with the scene design and character positioning difficulties in DAZ (or Blender) that may change the looks of "the final CG product" quite a lot from what you have imagined while writing the story.
It means that the story details may change after CG rendering gets done to match with the actual CG you managed to produce. Considering this, leaving the scripting part for last may be a smart thing to do.

In comparision with movie production, writing the game script would be the post-production part, where everything you've managed to produce, comes together.
CG work would be the production, filming part.
And writing the story and possibly sketching some of the possible CG scenes, creating something similar to a movie script, would be the pre-production part.
It's natural that the post-production happens after the production part.

Last edited:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Is it good? I mean I see harem tag, and idk harem games seems kinda.... (not to offend anyone but I like sticking to one love interest)
if enforced gf, is to your liking then it could be good, despite dozens of chicks ready to jump on mc at the very first sight.
otherwise, avoid it.

yet, better to go back on (hillside) topic here :HideThePain:
wondering how many updates are planned still, and will we have to wait for hillside 2 to finally get a chance with Charli:BootyTime:

• Haha
Reactions: FlyinginTime
4.20 star(s) 266 Votes