4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

Raminita

Only in madness, do you find beautiful death
GFX Designer
Donor
Jun 11, 2017

Hi, guys.
First of all, I want to let you know that I will be going away on holiday from 3rd to the 10th of June. I didn't manage to get away anywhere last year, so I'm looking forward to a change of scenery. As a result, I won't be posting a weekly report during that week , but I will try to post a wallpaper or something instead so you don't forget about me while I'm gone.
On to this week, I completed the three teaser images for v0.14, and I have also written the story for it. However, I won't be focusing on creating new content for v0.14 for some time now as I concentrate on fixing existing issues and reworking a few things.
One of those issues is the lack of choices in recent updates. Over time, the number of player choices has gradually decreased, transforming the experience into more of a kinetic novel. Therefore, for the remainder of this week, I've been working to add more choices where they are lacking and to make them meaningful.
Thanks for your support,
DB​

GayLord Jesus

Oct 9, 2021

Hi, guys.
First of all, I want to let you know that I will be going away on holiday from 3rd to the 10th of June. I didn't manage to get away anywhere last year, so I'm looking forward to a change of scenery. As a result, I won't be posting a weekly report during that week , but I will try to post a wallpaper or something instead so you don't forget about me while I'm gone.
On to this week, I completed the three teaser images for v0.14, and I have also written the story for it. However, I won't be focusing on creating new content for v0.14 for some time now as I concentrate on fixing existing issues and reworking a few things.
One of those issues is the lack of choices in recent updates. Over time, the number of player choices has gradually decreased, transforming the experience into more of a kinetic novel. Therefore, for the remainder of this week, I've been working to add more choices where they are lacking and to make them meaningful.
Thanks for your support,
DB​
These holidays and paradise vacations are the most troubling news, for me at least :LOL: .

:cool:We're still waiting for another reluctant vacationer to get back into development. And I personally remember (my all time favorite game developer, - Chains of Pleasure.) another dev who went on a new years vacation to 2019 China to never resurface ever again:eek:.

• Haha
Reactions: SuperiorManUltra

HillsideVN

Game Developer
May 3, 2020
These holidays and paradise vacations are the most troubling news, for me at least :LOL: .

:cool:We're still waiting for another reluctant vacationer to get back into development. And I personally remember (my all time favorite game developer, - Chains of Pleasure.) another dev who went on a new years vacation to 2019 China to never resurface ever again:eek:.
Be not troubled, Gaylord, for I will travel a mere two hundred miles via motor vehicle and shall surely return in but one week. Hopefully, refreshed, renewed, and reinvigorated.

For me, the likelihood of being kidnapped by the CCP is extremely low.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
When the dev says he is adding more choices does he mean in the next few updates or is he going back to add more choices
to earlier parts of the game?

Reactions: nightwingbluebrry13

HillsideVN

Game Developer
May 3, 2020
When the dev says he is adding more choices does he mean in the next few updates or is he going back to add more choices
to earlier parts of the game?
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I meant adding them to earlier parts of the game, particularly the last few releases before the latest one. V0.12, for example, only had two choices and they were only available on certain paths.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I meant adding them to earlier parts of the game, particularly the last few releases before the latest one. V0.12, for example, only had two choices and they were only available on certain paths.
so, rework then?

• Sad
Reactions: PeraDrnda

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I'm going to do everything I can to avoid having to start a new game.
if your plans are to add more branching, choices, changed variables etc...there is close to zero chance it could be doable without making old saves unplayable (and without adding new renders, scenes and everything needed in that case).
if i might suggest it - much better would be to add a few additional choices in the new episodes instead.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
if your plans are to add more branching, choices, changed variables etc...there is close to zero chance it could be doable without making old saves unplayable (and without adding new renders, scenes and everything needed in that case).
if i might suggest it - much better would be to add a few additional choices in the new episodes instead.
Depends

If the choices set or alter variables then it is more likely but you can still load into a dialogue asking how you want to have those choices.

But if the choices just add flavor dialogue and possibly some render or two with no carry over variable then it would not break the save.

So that is what needs to be determined by DB
If you want to add or alter variables you will have to code the dialogue to pop up asking about the missed choices.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Depends

If the choices set or alter variables then it is more likely but you can still load into a dialogue asking how you want to have those choices.

But if the choices just add flavor dialogue and possibly some render or two with no carry over variable then it would not break the save.

So that is what needs to be determined by DB
If you want to add or alter variables you will have to code the dialogue to pop up asking about the missed choices.
based on his thoughts here, an intention isnt to add just a flavor dialogues, yet to put more meaningful choices.
we can only wait and see how it all will turn out to be.

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes