4.20 star(s) 265 Votes
Oct 10, 2022
just ask but is Emma ugly? or those NPC have to act and say that she is ugly and bully her ?
Emma is not ugly but not outstandingly beautiful either. Why those NPC act like that? First one, she is not following the trends, she is not sexualizing herself, she is not an extrovert so most of them simply ignore her. Secondly, getting messages about how ugly or how fat she is, getting bullied by closed quarter of Zak, getting picked on by the girls who tried to get into Zak's pants are either directly or consequentially part of Zak's plan to reach her mother.

Sizus

Feb 5, 2023
Emma is not ugly but not outstandingly beautiful either. Why those NPC act like that? First one, she is not following the trends, she is not sexualizing herself, she is not an extrovert so most of them simply ignore her. Secondly, getting messages about how ugly or how fat she is, getting bullied by closed quarter of Zak, getting picked on by the girls who tried to get into Zak's pants are either directly or consequentially part of Zak's plan to reach her mother.
well that's make sense and i also don't know if she is just naive or stupid

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I think Emma is the most beautiful girl in the game
Even more that Charlotte tbh

And yeah, I would kick the arse of anyone who tried to bully her
And I don't even like violence.

I can't believe people would want to upset someone like her.

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
The insults are effective on Emma because of who she has to compare herself to. Her mother is regarded as one of the most beautiful women in the world by practically everyone; she's on the cover of magazines and is sought after by every major designer, who Emma aspires to be. Her sister is a renowned athlete, super fit by anyone's standards. Emma is beautiful but not in the same way as her mom, and she certainly has a higher body fat percentage than an athlete, so when she is told these hurtful things it just magnifies any insecurities she already has. Couple that with her overall emotional immaturity (she almost comes across as a middle-schooler with her sunshine approach to the world and her teeny-bopper crush on Zack) and she is the perfect target.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Once I show Charlotte & Suzi how much I love Emma
They will be cool with the relationship I feel.

Lucy won't mind either I don't think.
She seems pretty laid back and cool.

Also, can you believe there was an option to say Kaylah is prettier than Emma
Maybe in her dreams lol
Still, they both did look good in those dresses.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
If this was real life the reason, I would be more attracted to a girl like Emma
Then I would Charlotte Is the fact I like Emma's personality more
I see a lot of my younger self in her. Except I have a penis

When I think of girls, I like I don't just think about how they look but how they act.
And I find Emma to be really beautiful on the outside & the inside.

Also, I know what it's like to get bullied in school.
So, I feel a little solidarity with her there tbh
By the end I used to hate going to school

So, there you go guys That's why I find Emma so attractive.
You didn't ask but I told you anyway lol

P.S. the other girls are great too of course they are some of the best girls in any game

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
I think once we get to know her, we'll see she is more mature than that.
If you tell us when we get to know Suzi more, I could agree with you, but we know Emma pretty well, the story is focused on her and Charlotte so far. I'm not saying that in the future she can't grow up, but during all that we've played she seems like a little girl.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
If you tell us when we get to know Suzi more, I could agree with you, but we know Emma pretty well, the story is focused on her and Charlotte so far. I'm not saying that in the future she can mature, but during all that we've played she seems like a little girl.
I think its just the way she was raised
Also, she might change a bit
Who knows how the rework will go

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
I think its just the way she was raised
Also, she might change a bit
Who knows how the rework will go
I don't dispute that it's because of how she's been raised, but at the moment it's what it is. It's clear that all these negative experiences will make her mature, but Emma needs to stop protecting her like a wounded puppy and let her solve her own problems. I don't think her behaviour will change much in the rework, it has always been DB's intention that we see her more as a daughter than a Li, even if you can have a relationship with her.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I don't dispute that it's because of how she's been raised, but at the moment it's what it is. It's clear that all these negative experiences will make her mature, but Emma needs to stop protecting her like a wounded puppy and let her solve her own problems. I don't think her behaviour will change much in the rework, it has always been DB's intention that we see her more as a daughter than a Li, even if you can have a relationship with her.
Yeah, guess we'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

Also, I shouldn't really use the word redo.
That makes it sound like the whole games is changing
But I think he is just adding some more choices and changing some dialogue
I don't want people to get the wrong idea
I have seen it happen before lol

Reactions: Sin_Mechero

BillyPlums

Nov 17, 2021
Once I show Charlotte & Suzi how much I love Emma
They will be cool with the relationship I feel.

... stuff ...
Bolding and underlining emphasis mine.

Waiting on the announcement here at F95 that Joshy will be absent from the boards for a while while he has reconstructive groin surgery. Also that he is joining a choir as a new soprano.

I feel you will have a lot of work to do with Suzi, Joshy. And, yes, I know that Lucy, Charlotte, Suzi and Emma are pixelated, but they just seem so real (all honour to the dev).

Finally, please take this as the lighthearted attempt at a joke that I intend it as. Since Lucy is mine, I have no problem with you taking Emma and helping her grow into an adult.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021

Waiting on the announcement here at F95 that Joshy will be absent from the boards for a while while he has reconstructive groin surgery. Also that he is joining a choir as a new soprano.

I feel you will have a lot of work to do with Suzi, Joshy. And, yes, I know that Lucy, Charlotte, Suzi and Emma are pixelated, but they just seem so real (all honour to the dev).

Finally, please take this as the lighthearted attempt at a joke that I intend it as. Since Lucy is mine, I have no problem with you taking Emma and helping her grow into an adult.
Haha

I agree about the characters feeling real.
In most games they feel hollow imo
But here they feel like they could be real people
Thats why I think Darkblue Is one of the best writers around

Reactions: rudy007

Sin_Mechero

Mar 27, 2022
Yeah, guess we'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

Also, I shouldn't really use the word redo.
That makes it sound like the whole games is changing
But I think he is just adding some more choices and changing some dialogue
I don't want people to get the wrong idea
I have seen it happen before lol
We'll see how it turns out.
You're right, it will be more of a polish than a complete rework.
I just want Db to let me tame Suzi soon.

domar.gif

Reactions: Joshy92

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021

I'll take Suzi then. You will be get an invitation soon. For our wedding, or, well, my funeral...
Charlie will have no problem to find someone here...

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes