4.20 star(s) 265 Votes

herlam

Apr 3, 2021
"I am not going to abandon Hillside, so please don't worry about that"

After reading this excuse so many times and watching the abandoned tag in the majority of my favorite games I simply…

904f30f41ccc7e41d35a97849e43d14a.gif

any more and i move on...

• Sad
Reactions: hawk784563

19Castiel23

Jul 25, 2017
The coming months will give us a clear answer about the future of this game. DB is completely honest with its supporters and has stopped payments on Patreon and Sub until it decides what to do. He could deceive people like any other game creator.

Reactions: yossa999

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
Personally I trust DB wouldn't abandon Hillside, after 4 years of hard work it makes no sense to just up and abandon it. Take a break? Sure. Slow down development? Sure. But I don't see DB, with how transparent and reliable he has been about this game and setbacks he has faced.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I guess all we can do now is hope everything works out for DB and the game. One thing I am confident in though is that if DB does ever stop working on the game permanently he would tell everyone and not just ghost like so many other devs have.

For as long as I have been in this thread DB has been transparent on update progress reports and stuff like that.
And it was partly because of that that I was a sub for a few months when I had some extra money.

Anyway, all we can do now is wait and hope for the best. I'll still play and love this next update and treasure the time I have spent with this awesome game.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I have faith DB wont drop this game he is the one dev I do trust his word on. if he does o well I can still replay this master piece from time to time then get sad it's never gonna be finished. But I feel like a break does make sense considering what i recall DB went through last year and never felt like DB took that long of a break to unwind from some bad news. if I recall it was only 1 month which yeah seems like alot for dev time but when you been working on a game for 4 years doesn't seem like much of one especially after getting bad news.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
V0.15 Release News

TL;DR
- DB has problems
- billing remains paused until further notice
- v0.15 has been split in half
- first half will be released sometime in next 24 hours
- second half will be released when finished

Hi, guys.
Firstly, I'm sorry for the delays and issues.
My life has undergone significant changes since I started Hillside four years ago, and things are just not working for me right now. I no longer enjoy making Hillside and haven't done for a long time. I'm constantly stressed and unhappy, and it's affecting my personal life, the people around me, and my health.
I am not going to abandon Hillside, so please don't worry about that. However, I can't continue like this and need to make some big changes so that I'm not making myself ill or messing Hillside's supporters and fans around with delays and other issues.
I'm not sure what those changes are yet, and I'm not going to make any decisions until after I've taken a break. Patreon and Subscribestar billing will remain paused until I've decided what I'm going to do and informed everyone of any changes I decide to make.
Unfortunately, I've been unable to fully finish v0.15 for release today, so I've split it in half. The first half will be released in the next 24 hours and the second half will be released once it is finished. Each half is roughly the size of v0.14.
Apologies,
DB
Not the first time DB talked about the fact that things dont run as they need to. Not the first delay either, and now even split an update... Not looking good.

I was a supporter, hm... two years ago for a while. But at that point he was talking about making more animations, and some other things where i was absolutely sure he couldnt manage. Hillside is not very complex, its pretty much a total kinetic novel with slight changes in the intercourse with some girls. But he struggles constantly with the code and others things... most of the times he has the render done but the coding not, which is a huge problem. Most DEVs get the writing and code out of the way FIRST and make the art after. (doing that scene for scene though) I guess DB just doesnt have a good workflow like that... and on top of it, he makes ETAs all the time, which adds to the pressure. The support wasnt growing anymore too it is on its peak.

So yeah, not that good looking at the moment. I would advice him to reach out to other DEVs. There are some really good games with good DEVs out there that getting things done and are nice people too. With some of them you can talk a lot about this and that. As the DEV of Hillside iam sure many other DEVs would welcome to talk with him and give advice, or even help. In my Opinion he needs someone who deals with the code, so DB can concentrate on renders and writing the story. And i think he needs to get rid of some thoughts that he must achieve some things others do. Not everybody can be a digi.b, philly or DPC. Focus on things you can, stop trying things you cant do and be fine with it. Easy said though... but yeah, burning himself out will not be a good thing. At least he stops now and is taking a break. Sometimes... a break turn out to be permanent. Othertimes DEVs decide to rush to the finishline. Hopefully neither will be the case. This game deserves a good ending, but we are far away from that. To get a decent finsish together i think DB need at leastr another 3 years.... dont know if he will do that. Doesnt look that way.

4.20 star(s) 265 Votes