4.20 star(s) 272 Votes

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I can't imagine losing my sister, or rather, I'd like not to think about the possibility. I'm really-really sorry about yours and your loss, HillsideVN

I've buried a whole bunch of my relatives, but except 3 of them were either old or really old and the 3 younger ones (my older aunt, my uncle and a girl who had a heart defect that was incurable at the time and lived with our family to be closer to the school, daughter of one of our relatives) died a really long time ago when I was still a child, so I don't remember much of them any more. Most recent loss after several years was my aunts husband on the last day of February. Me and my sister called him "uncle", although technically he wasn't. A really nice guy. He was 79 years old, but could have lived much longer, if not for the lung cancer.

The cancer had already reached his heart and liver when it was diagnosed right before last Christmas, so there was nothing much to do about it. He had a choice to stay at the hospital to be taken care of there or go home and he chose to go home.

I found out about it in the first days of January when I visited my aunt. She was still hoping at the time that he'll somehow magically recover, but him and I knew already then that this was the last time for us to say goodbye. I had no idea what to say, but we understood each other without much anything said.
He was already weak and in bad shape by then and it got much worse during the next weeks. My aunt was devastated and my cousins and their families were so sad. My younger cousins sons had tears in their eyes at the funeral. It was really heartbreaking, it still is.

Justaphase

May 1, 2024
I don't really talk about this but I lost my older brother a few months back, so I can understand what you must be feeling. Honestly I just felt numb after, its hard to describe. I've never been that great at dealing with my emotions, I just tend to bury my head in the sand, I've always been that way.
The hardest thing has been watching my parents deal with what no parent should ever have to deal with. No parent should have to bury their child.
I don't think that there is any set way to grieve so just give yourself time. Time is a great healer.
When and if you feel you are ready, come back and all of your supporters myself included will be here with open arms.

tmu500

Apr 14, 2024
I don't really talk about this but I lost my older brother a few months back, so I can understand what you must be feeling. Honestly I just felt numb after, its hard to describe. I've never been that great at dealing with my emotions, I just tend to bury my head in the sand, I've always been that way.
The hardest thing has been watching my parents deal with what no parent should ever have to deal with. No parent should have to bury their child.
I don't think that there is any set way to grieve so just give yourself time. Time is a great healer.
When and if you feel you are ready, come back and all of your supporters myself included will be here with open arms.
Thank you for sharing.

TonyMurray

Formerly 'mintymuz'
Apr 8, 2024
I literally just made a character card for Charlotte but I'm considering stealing this image for it now instead...

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 272 Votes