VN Ren'Py Abandoned His Legacy [Ep. 2] [VengeanceXXX]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes
U

User_32285

this post that you just quote from me is not related to the one you made it is just that someone said he does not want to play a loose mc .......
and to your project I'm still of opinion that should not be called a game but as a digital comic because the only thing you can do is text skipping you have zero decision options I for example, the bitch gina with a trit immediately kicked out of my apartment or other things you have zero control

of nothing but just read and skip and especially annoying is almost half just times in the black screen takes place incredibly annoying and looooong cross-fade (but that you have now changed too late for me) and then that I if I could see something endlessly recovering from what I see in the marriage

talk of the mc damm I can see if she is on all fours in front of me that he must not tell me nerfig again or the joke where the boss rose ?? yes I think that was the name through the house leads in the black screen and then I ask if it does not look like a miracle because I feel so crazy !!!!! vervige endless

self-talk endless blackscreens sow annoying and then as I said this is not a game I think above it we renpy / vn should be something like digital comic or comic only stand because it is now NO game because you can NICHtS make you have NO control

I do not want to say that the rest is bad render look really good but that's it already story well so the attempt to suggest as much as possible to keep it misterious is also annoying endless annoyances endlessly hidden people who say anything and not visible ??? There is no end to that in every second movie / series and in so many games

and then with the serum, oskar and sonic well, you know what it's all about :teary:
I see your over the top reactions in many of my favorite threads and they are mostly negative and loud, you gotta relax before you pop a blood vessel or something,

Firstly it's very hard to find out exactly what you are complaining about, so please try to better explain and describe what your problems are.

Secondly from what I can decipher from your ramblings I get the sense that you are very angry that " things" are not the way you like, thats tough for you.

Most author\creators have a vision of what they want to make, they are not here on F95 to make something only for Deadlyreaper.

I hope I can look forward to many positive and understandable posts from you.

Tom195t

Oct 30, 2017
Lot of black screens, hiding lack of proper images, instead full of supposed to be mysterious and interesting but actually boring and pretentious words. This is a game? Maybe playing with viewers`s patience.

Rroarr

Oct 15, 2017
Lot of black screens, hiding lack of proper images, instead full of supposed to be mysterious and interesting but actually boring and pretentious words. This is a game? Maybe playing with viewers`s patience.
Read the thread and the OP. The dev ( needlessly) apologized for the black screens a thousand times already and it's a VN! Not a game

Reactions: User_32285

Korassu

Jun 14, 2017
In regards to the "incest" part, I don't think Gina's sole interest in Ethan's legacy is to be your loving sister. She's likeable because she's Gina, not because she's your sister. She's clingy, jealous, and can be annoying with her constant pestering at times, but she's incredibly loyal and loved you more than anything else in the world. She's not perfect, but those flaws made her charming and endearing. It's just that in Ethan's legacy, this character happened to be your sister. That's all there is to it.

It's my failure if I failed to make that point across, not the fault of the story or patreon, for that matter.

Thanks for your feedback, it's a quick wake up call to me that the pauses are too much to handle.

Edit :
This game, in exception to the characters, had nothing to do with EL. It takes inspiration from it, but that's about it.
Just to say it, I've yet to have the time to play His Legacy, or the prequel. While i agree about Gina, being his sister was not her selling point, however for some of us(probably alot more then some), the incest angle added a bit more to the whole experience. Thats not to say its the cure all, I've dropped more than a few incest stories because of bad characters, writing, pacing, etc. And I've continued on with stories that have contained fetishes that do nothing for me, if not outright hated because another aspect of it intrigued me. But at times a story that was cling to the edge was helped because of contained some fetish i prefer.

While this may be a completely new story, having never played it, can't say for sure, but from the sound of it, reimagining might be a better word. Just saying that this is a new game, only the character are different is hard to swallow. Its a pretty big disconnect when you see the exact same character and you have to constantly remind yourself, "thats not the mother" or "thats not his sister", and so the loss of the incest element is gonna be constantly at the forefront for alot of the former EL players.

U

User_32285

Ach, misschien begrijpt hij nu dat verder moet kijken dan zijn neus lang is voor hij zijn klep open trekt^^
Ik hoop t, maar denk van niet ;)

(transl - I hope so, but don't think it will happen)

Reactions: Rroarr
Sep 21, 2017
the game is alright but hot damn those abrupt pauses bugs the hell outta me!:WutFace: pauses are too damn looooooong:tf:

**I was playing the game when I made the post, after playing it...its just not my bag baby:FeelsBadMan: I hate it when I'm not in control of my MCs life and the lack of interactions? ...turned me off:WutFace:

Reactions: Deadlyreaper

rick87

Jul 16, 2017
is this game gonna be a kinetic novel or it'll become interactive in the next releases? the tags in the OP don't specify this.

Reactions: Eye-switcher

Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
I thought there was going to be an awkward encounter at the MC's apt. I expected Sonic to appear on the same night that Gina decided to stay over, so I was already thinking about excuses to kick Gina out and take a raincheck XD.

Reactions: Centurion

gendruil

Jun 4, 2017
this post that you just quote from me is not related to the one you made it is just that someone said he does not want to play a loose mc .......
and to your project I'm still of opinion that should not be called a game but as a digital comic because the only thing you can do is text skipping you have zero decision options I for example, the bitch gina with a trit immediately kicked out of my apartment or other things you have zero control

of nothing but just read and skip and especially annoying is almost half just times in the black screen takes place incredibly annoying and looooong cross-fade (but that you have now changed too late for me) and then that I if I could see something endlessly recovering from what I see in the marriage

talk of the mc damm I can see if she is on all fours in front of me that he must not tell me nerfig again or the joke where the boss rose ?? yes I think that was the name through the house leads in the black screen and then I ask if it does not look like a miracle because I feel so crazy !!!!! vervige endless

self-talk endless blackscreens sow annoying and then as I said this is not a game I think above it we renpy / vn should be something like digital comic or comic only stand because it is now NO game because you can NICHtS make you have NO control

I do not want to say that the rest is bad render look really good but that's it already story well so the attempt to suggest as much as possible to keep it misterious is also annoying endless annoyances endlessly hidden people who say anything and not visible ??? There is no end to that in every second movie / series and in so many games

and then with the serum, oskar and sonic well, you know what it's all about :teary:
Das wird eine Visual Novel also ein Bildroman, wenn du es übersetzen willst. Soll heißen, in erster Linie bist du hier Zuschauer.
Und dass es noch keine Entscheidungen gibt, heißt nicht dass es keine geben wird, kein Grund deshalb in die Luft zu gehen.

Und nur nebenbei: to lose - verlieren, loose - locker. Sorry aber ich bin ein Klugascheißer.

@V3X Glad to see you're better and back. And really really really: Tanks for using Sonic. I mean like really. =D

MasterDk78

Dec 16, 2017
Omg.. I should have read what was written with small text.
I had to turn on my auto clicker to the end, i was about to come here to rage, only to realize its a story, not a game :p

Sorry, but i feal i just wasted 10 min of my life, and got some mouse clicking excercise...

Centurion

Jan 20, 2018
Black screens are transitions. They're not hiding anything.

Just to say it, I've yet to have the time to play His Legacy, or the prequel. While i agree about Gina, being his sister was not her selling point, however for some of us(probably alot more then some), the incest angle added a bit more to the whole experience. Thats not to say its the cure all, I've dropped more than a few incest stories because of bad characters, writing, pacing, etc. And I've continued on with stories that have contained fetishes that do nothing for me, if not outright hated because another aspect of it intrigued me. But at times a story that was cling to the edge was helped because of contained some fetish i prefer.

While this may be a completely new story, having never played it, can't say for sure, but from the sound of it, reimagining might be a better word. Just saying that this is a new game, only the character are different is hard to swallow. Its a pretty big disconnect when you see the exact same character and you have to constantly remind yourself, "thats not the mother" or "thats not his sister", and so the loss of the incest element is gonna be constantly at the forefront for alot of the former EL players.
So you're writing a review about something you haven't seen? Brilliant! LOL

Omg.. I should have read what was written with small text.
I had to turn on my auto clicker to the end, i was about to come here to rage, only to realize its a story, not a game :p

Sorry, but i feal i just wasted 10 min of my life, and got some mouse clicking excercise...
Yeah, when you see [VN} before the title, that means Virtual Novel.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016

Gina Wallpaper
First of all, again, I apologise for putting such long pauses in-between scenes. I was experimenting with combining ambience and SFX with the majority of the scenes, and I felt that some level of pause is needed to make sure that it transitioned correctly. With no pause, some of the transitions didn't feel right(Sudden changes in ambience will be strange), and I extended the pauses due to that. I won't remove the pauses completely in the future, but all of those will be skip-able via a left click.

My work had always been very divisive for the people who have experienced it. Everyone had their own tastes and expectations of what an adult game should be, and I think mine happened to sit on a very specific niche that it's either you liked it, or you hated it. And it's completely fair for either of those group. I don't think it's fair to blame anyone on each side, and it's best to simply choose what you want to do with my game on your own will.

My main goal of this project is to tell a story about Ethan's life, the dangers he faced, and the people he fell in love with. It's clear and simple. If I feel that a sex scene is needed to emphasize their relationships, or to set up what a character's motivations are, I'll do just that. But I won't do sex scenes just because it's an adult game. I find that doing so cheapens the character's relationships, making sex as a reward, a goal, not as a tool to deepen each character's feelings towards each other. It makes each character a sexual being, instead of someone you consider as a good company.

I wanted to do this with the original Ethan's legacy, but I was inexperienced and nervous about making something that might not sit well with some people. The moment people said "Hey, where are the sex scenes?", I immediately panicked and put one on in the next release, at the cost of my original goal. I knew better now, but I didn't before.

Now, I didn't say that I was good at it. I'm just someone who tried to do what I set out to achieve, and whether it's good or not is up for you to decide. I'm also not saying that people who wanted sex are bad people, it's just a matter of taste.

If you're willing to put up with some of my quirks of storytelling, then it might be a good experience for you. If you're not, then it's completely fine.

In regards to the "incest" part, I don't think Gina's sole interest in Ethan's legacy is to be your loving sister. She's likeable because she's Gina, not because she's your sister. She's clingy, jealous, and can be annoying with her constant pestering at times, but she's incredibly loyal and loved you more than anything else in the world. She's not perfect, but those flaws made her charming and endearing. It's just that in Ethan's legacy, this character happened to be your sister. That's all there is to it.

It's my failure if I failed to make that point across, not the fault of the story or patreon, for that matter.

Thanks for your feedback, it's a quick wake up call to me that the pauses are too much to handle.

Edit :
This game, in exception to the characters, had nothing to do with EL. It takes inspiration from it, but that's about it.
Awesome to see you back and creating again, I hope you managed to figure out the issues you were having last year and are doing ok. Great work so far - renders, posing, writing, top notch as always.

My only criticism is I'd suggest merging "Dancer and A lustrous Stage" with this game, otherwise players might miss out on the prequel (or play it out of order), and miss out on a lot of context and setting.

N1K17Y

Jun 12, 2017
anyone kind enough to tell the story of this dev ? a lot of project (quite good at that) end up abandoned ? no patreon atm so whats the whole deal ?

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
It looks promising and all but its really hard to get over retconning relation with Gina thingy. I would enjoy this game 5 times more if I didnt play EL. ;(
Try to forget EL. Empty your mind. Give this a chance. :rolleyes::cool::closedeyesmile:

Reactions: Centurion
4.60 star(s) 8 Votes