VN Ren'Py Abandoned His Legacy [Ep. 2] [VengeanceXXX]

4.60 star(s) 8 Votes

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
I'm currently in the end stages of the story and scene planning for the next episode. Once this passes(when I feel that the content will be interesting and realistic enough to produce), I'll begin with the production for the next episode.

I have my own specific style that I know very well doesn't fit with a lot of people's taste. I can't say/do much about it other than I hope that you can respect the difference in style and move on if it doesn't suit you. My priorities are the story first and foremost, then the characters. Gameplay elements are not my forte. If you feel that it's a waste of time, then I think it's best to stop and go on with your life.

Do note that I have to make everything myself(Scene and story design, rendering, making the actual content, etc.). I wanted to do things with a lot of proper planning now, so it'll take longer for me to get everything done. I hope everyone can be patient.
Don't fall into the trap of trying to please everyone again, it's not going to happen ;) Judging from the reviews and the amount of positive feedback, you've already found your audience.

V3X

Game Developer
Apr 20, 2017

I've finished up the plans for the story and the scenes that will be shown in the next episode.
"Initiation" will be it's title.

Expect a release on Mid-Late of May.

There are a few things that I do want to clear up before I go on forward.

• Will there be choices in this project?
Yes. There will be. I didn't put any on the first episode since the purpose of that episode is to give out information and the main plot behind the characters shown. This project in general will be linear in when it comes to the main plot, but the choices you have will eventually lead to a different experience in general.

• What kind of release window should I expect?
If everything goes to plan, it should be roughly 2 weeks from now, but we'll see.

• In regards to spell checking, fixing grammars and script errors :
I've always said no to the people who offered to help me in the past, but I think it's a good time for me to start experimenting for now. If there's anyone willing to help me check errors within the script, just hit me up with a pm.
I do have to say, I've done all I could to fix whatever's wrong in the script. My english skills do hit a limit, and sadly that's not enough to make sure everything is prim and proper.

Frankly, I don't really have a way to reward anyone who's willing to do this other than revealing the script to you before everyone else.

• Do I have/Will I make a patreon page?
Now here comes the elephant in the room. I do have a patreon page. In fact, it's out there right now.

But... I was doubtful that people wanted to support me after my initial failures with the past 2 projects. So I chose not to tell anyone about it.

IF I chose to start receiving funding(I have not decided yet) :
I want you to know a few things before moving forward.

1. I don't want to repeat the same mistakes again.
2. I want to keep this project as my sole creation, no "Daryce 2.0"s.
3. I want to keep this project as close to what I want to be as possible.
4. Thank you for risking another possible disappointment from me.
The first episode had been a rather interesting release. It might not seem that different from the way Ethan's legacy played out, but this project, at least in the terms of production, is very different from EL. The reactions and comments had come from the people of both sides, but overall, I'm really happy to hear what you have to say. If you like what I've made so far, you will love what's about to come. If you hate what I've made so far, then you probably won't. But if you're willing to be open and try to enjoy this game with a less negative mindset, you might change your mind. Probably. Maybe not.

Please trust my direction with this project

With that, Thank you for everything so far. I thought people would just abandon whatever I've come up with ever since EL, but I've been proven otherwise.

I hope everyone had a good day.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
I still consider every penny I spent supporting Daryce and EL well spent even if they were abandoned.
I am sure I am not alone.
I wouldn't call those two games "failures" since they provided quality time and Darice had the Darice ending. Personally I would prefer her sister, but oh, well...

FRIENDLY ADVICE: Avoid "Perhaps May 15-18" but more generic, like "Mid to late May". Nobody in the world will complain about a release a couple days early.
And remember the answer "It will be ready when it's ready" is always viable even if unsatisfying.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Having a Patreon page and patrons is a two edge sword. On the one half you need the support to buy better PC hardware, such in my case but you are also doing this for FUN and as a hobby. A Patron is someone who supports you cause they think you are worth supporting so with that comes a responsibility to give them something worth their support. This to me is a two edge sword.

One can of course mislead your patrons but in the end it will come out and besides it's not who i am and i am sure neither VengeanceXXX...
I would respectfully disagree. An open disclaimer of:
"Disclaimer: I thank you for thinking to support me, but aside of my gratitude I can't offer much when it comes to bonuses." would be honest and clear. It would cost the developer many patrons but in case of V3X that at the moment doesn't have any in order to not misguide them or build up their expectations... few patrons are more than none.

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
I'm at the flashback scene and is this game about people screwing you in the past and you forgive this Gina and start dating her? If so screw that why would you want sloppy seconds and forgive someone who did crazy shit like that to you i hope this game allows you to date Maria or someone else this. I wish game creators that make games like this would allow the option to say no to the ones who hurt you or like Gina believed the lies about you i would tell her to fuck off and leave me alone. I wish i knew how to make a game i would create my own like that. Like the part Keran said she told Gina where i live i would have kicked her out of my place. Like in Love and Submission it gives you the option of forgiving the girl who did you wrong or telling her screw you. Let me guess it was the other guy friend that told Maddison to drug you and say you raped her and a year later she admits she did that right? the other guy most likely fucked Gina so you get sloppy seconds if so i hope we can kick Gina out of your life and press charges on Maddison for false police report and get her in trouble.

Yeah she did date Adam and he was the one who screwed you over so goodbye Gina out the door you go can't wait to kick her out the creator should allow us to throw the cunt away and be with Maria. Now for the people who played this creators other games do you get a chance at revenge on Adam and Maddison? I would like to get revenge on them and throw away Gina as well she is not worthy of the MC.

It would have been funny the second she said Adam was behind it and she fucked him if you would have kicked her out the door and said don't ever come back and let her go cry to Adam and Maddison.

Not knocking the game since it is my personal preference and it is just the first ep but the MC seems like a sissy or cuck no way i would let her stay at my place it was clear from the start Adam was part of it and even if she is stupid and could not see it i would not take sloppy seconds from a person who dated the man who fucked up my life the guy destroyed your whole life and she run into his dick like WTF is wrong with the MC?

This is for the creator don't worry about my rant you can't make everyone happy and i'm not knocking your game for any reason but how i would feel if this happened to me the art and story are good so far i'm just stating what i would do if this happened to me.

Okay after playing more i can say this game is not for me since it seems to be full of tragic events now seeing Heather being raped yes that is rape and seeing the MC getting fucked over i can guess the game is gonna be like this the whole time so playing this with my depression is a no go for me.

Lorric17

May 25, 2017
I just played through this game for the first time.

@Catwashere I think you're being too hard on Gina.

I agree that the MC is being kinda submissive throughout the story, especially around Rose.

I liked the story, except that the MC should have been a bit snarkier with Rose. That would have been good. "First you coerce my friend to lure me in, then you kidnap me at gunpoint. And now you ask me how this room looks? Fuck you, lady, get to the point. I'm having a shitty life and perhaps some random violence is just what my day needs". Use that as inspiration :)

Also, the OP needs a few tags. Drugs and Mind Control, at least. The rape of Heather isn't shown, but it's heavily implied that she's now that gang's cumbucket, because of that injection.

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
I just played through this game for the first time.

@Catwashere I think you're being too hard on Gina.

I agree that the MC is being kinda submissive throughout the story, especially around Rose.

I liked the story, except that the MC should have been a bit snarkier with Rose. That would have been good. "First you coerce my friend to lure me in, then you kidnap me at gunpoint. And now you ask me how this room looks? Fuck you, lady, get to the point. I'm having a shitty life and perhaps some random violence is just what my day needs". Use that as inspiration :)

Also, the OP needs a few tags. Drugs and Mind Control, at least. The rape of Heather isn't shown, but it's heavily implied that she's now that gang's cumbucket, because of that injection.
Gina is sloppy seconds like my post said and she had to at least have a small feeling Adam may have done it even if she did not she is Sloppy seconds of the guy that labeled you a rapist and once you get that label your life is over so why the fuck would you want sloppy seconds from a girl who fucked the guy that ruined your whole life even if the bitch Maddison said she lied guess what people still think you did it once you get called a rapist you are ruined and on top of that Heather gets raped and the MC is a pussy that allows Gina back into his life and Rose bitched slapped the MC and he did nothing lets be real for a second say that happened to you even if the girl aka Gina stood up for you would you take her back after sloppy seconds or would you tell Rose i don't give a fuck if you know people from my past i'm not joining you and go on on kill them i don't care and walk away i'll tell you i would tell Rose fuck you kill them all and i would walk away and then i would pack up and move to Israel or Japan and would never talk to any of them even Keran.

L☹VE

Devil May Cry
Donor
Nov 21, 2017
@Catwashere look at this, so i think we need to get out of here before it's too late, i forgot to unwatch this thread
n all seriousness, you shouldn't take this too personally, it's not healthy. That's coming from me, and I've done some major blow-ups in the past, Trust me. What's coming next is not going to be pretty.

Reactions: Tony_Stark
U

User_32285

Some here really likes the phrase "sloppy seconds"..... :)

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
On the MC talking back to Rose: He saw her shoot a guy in cold blood.
Would you be snarkier?

About forgiving Gina: She believed the MC but the MC was the one that asked her to stay away. She didn't abandon him, she believed him to the end against all common sense. Her only "crime" is not guessing MC's friend Adam would do something so insane as manipulate Madison, a friend, to scream "raaape" against the MC.

Yeah she did date Adam and he was the one who screwed you over so goodbye Gina out the door
She didn't know that Adam did that.
She never stopped believing the MC was innocent despite all evidence.
She was pushed away by the MC.

However:
Disagreements over those I can overlook. But calling Sonic as Maria?! That is blasphemy!
We should never have learned Sonic's name. She will always be Sonic for me. (Sonic was my favorite from a previous game, and she seems to be completely unrelated to that other Sonic that had supernatural speed. The ex-Sonic would have kicked the thug's butt).

Thoughts:
Violet is not really working for Marcus. It is ... it is too cruel!
No, not our Violet! Not for MARCUS of all people. He seems quite like the old Marcus.

I also think Violet is related somehow to new Ghost Heather. Just a hunch.

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Gina is sloppy seconds like my post said and she had to at least have a small feeling Adam may have done it even if she did not she is Sloppy seconds of the guy that labeled you a rapist and once you get that label your life is over so why the fuck would you want sloppy seconds from a girl who fucked the guy that ruined your whole life even if the bitch Maddison said she lied guess what people still think you did it once you get called a rapist you are ruined and on top of that Heather gets raped and the MC is a pussy that allows Gina back into his life and Rose bitched slapped the MC and he did nothing lets be real for a second say that happened to you even if the girl aka Gina stood up for you would you take her back after sloppy seconds or would you tell Rose i don't give a fuck if you know people from my past i'm not joining you and go on on kill them i don't care and walk away i'll tell you i would tell Rose fuck you kill them all and i would walk away and then i would pack up and move to Israel or Japan and would never talk to any of them even Keran.
Good exsample when people don`t understand, what they have read. IMHO
EDIT: And writing seems to be hard. Allso MHO

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Good exsample when people don`t understand, what they have read. IMHO
EDIT: And writing seems to be hard. Allso MHO
I understand everything in the game maybe go back and read what i said again because i said even though Gina stood up for the MC and even if she had no hint/idea about Adam i would still kick her out sloppy seconds from a woman who fucked the man who ruined your life is something i would not do and i also said the MC seems to be a sissy with how he handled Rose and Gina. I get everything in the game my point is the MC is doing things i would not do the only way i would have joined Rose is if i could get revenge and get the chance to torture Adam to death and beat the shit outta Maddison then kill her and as for Gina i would just tell her to never contact me again i would not kill her. So again i get Gina was a retard for not suspecting Adam just like the MC is slow in the head all the hints are there in the flashback Maddison said i'm sorry for this like 3 times then screams rape so Gina opens the door then they all keep saying Adam had a crush on Gina since the start of the friendship and that right there would be enough to say wait Maddison drugged me and was saying sorry for this and tried saying i raped her so i could get outta of the way for Adam and Gina really should have known by saying the MC says he is innocent and i believe him so what happened? Oh wait Maddison drugged him after i told Maddison i love the MC and want to go over and confess this so Maddiosn goes over before Gina and drugs you but why could it be for Adam since he wants me but i want the MC and by doing this the MC goes to jail or gets his name ruined? To me the MC is dumb and a sissy and Gina is not that smart either and then Keran telling people were you live on top of the Heather stuff this game is not for me.

U

User_32285

I understand everything in the game maybe go back and read what i said again because i said even though Gina stood up for the MC and even if she had no hint/idea about Adam i would still kick her out sloppy seconds from a woman who fucked the man who ruined your life is something i would not do and i also said the MC seems to be a sissy with how he handled Rose and Gina. I get everything in the game my point is the MC is doing things i would not do the only way i would have joined Rose is if i could get revenge and get the chance to torture Adam to death and beat the shit outta Maddison then kill her and as for Gina i would just tell her to never contact me again i would not kill her. So again i get Gina was a retard for not suspecting Adam just like the MC is slow in the head all the hints are there in the flashback Maddison said i'm sorry for this like 3 times then screams rape so Gina opens the door then they all keep saying Adam had a crush on Gina since the start of the friendship and that right there would be enough to say wait Maddison drugged me and was saying sorry for this and tried saying i raped her so i could get outta of the way for Adam and Gina really should have known by saying the MC says he is innocent and i believe him so what happened? Oh wait Maddison drugged him after i told Maddison i love the MC and want to go over and confess this so Maddiosn goes over before Gina and drugs you but why could it be for Adam since he wants me but i want the MC and by doing this the MC goes to jail or gets his name ruined? To me the MC is dumb and a sissy and Gina is not that smart either and then Keran telling people were you live on top of the Heather stuff this game is not for me.
You should try pressing return once in a while..........

Reactions: Centurion

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
the only way i would have joined Rose is if i could get revenge and get the chance to torture Adam to death and beat the shit outta Maddison then kill her and as for Gina i would just tell her to never contact me again i would not kill her.
Yes, the MC is not a psychopath. I am actually glad the game doesn't go into such gorefest with the MC using superpowers to rip appart his enemies or kicks away the only people that stood by him all his life.

this game is not for me.
That seems to be the case. From earlier work of V3X, I really doubt the story would turn to the MC beating people to death.
In previous games, when a similar asshole Marcus was decapitated, the game didn't show it. We just learned it happened.

Catwashere

Futa lover!
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Yes, the MC is not a psychopath. I am actually glad the game doesn't go into such gorefest with the MC using superpowers to rip appart his enemies or kicks away the only people that stood by him all his life.

That seems to be the case. From earlier work of V3X, I really doubt the story would turn to the MC beating people to death.
In previous games, when a similar asshole Marcus was decapitated, the game didn't show it. We just learned it happened.
We all have different ways of doing things and handling things and that is why i said it is my personal taste and i did not say anything bad about the game like some people do on this site or like others do with underhanded remarks trying to start fights like the above comment saying use return at least your reply had no underhanded remarks.

What is up with that remark? Maybe people never took typing classed and have no idea what the hell that button you said does and my keyboard does not even have that button. Okay i seen your reply right after i added this.
I have no idea about typing on a keyboard i got kicked out of school when i was younger just like my grammar sucks because of bad teaching so to me i thought it was an underhanded remark no hard feelings. What i was just saying is my personal opinion on the game. I don't like Gina and the MC is like a pussy to me.
I don't think the game sucks or anything it is just how i feel and with my depression if this game is gonna have a lot of bad things happen i may need to skip this game.

U

User_32285

or like others do with underhanded remarks trying to start fights like the above comment saying use return.
Uuuhm ok, to be very clear I am not trying to start a fight and since when is "try using return once in a while" an underhanded remark?

But to avoid any confusion: "Dear sir (or madam) would you please press return when you are at the end of a sentence"?

I ask this because that will make it easier for me and others to read what you say and yes I am interested in what you are writing and no I am not the bad guy you take me for.

I'll be off to some other thread to spread my "underhanded remarks" ;)

Reactions: Nerttu
U

User_32285

We all have different ways of doing things and handling things and that is why i said it is my personal taste and i did not say anything bad about the game like some people do on this site or like others do with underhanded remarks trying to start fights like the above comment saying use return at least your reply had no underhanded remarks.

What is up with that remark? Maybe people never took typing classed and have no idea what the hell that button you said does and my keyboard does not even have that button. Okay i seen your reply right after i added this.
I have no idea about typing on a keyboard i got kicked out of school when i was younger just like my grammar sucks because of bad teaching so to me i thought it was an underhanded remark no hard feelings. I was was saying is my personal opinion on the game is i don't like Gina and the MC is like a pussy to me.
I don't think the game sucks or anything it is just how i feel and with my depression if this game is gonna have a lot of bad things happen i may need to skip this game.
That's cool man, just try to remember to leave some lines without words (black) between the lines with sentences (white) it makes it easier for my eyes to read it all :)

Reactions: Catwashere

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
Finished the first episode, man does the fuking guy love to endlessly monologue, it reminded me allot of Dual Family Gumdrops writing style, also characters love to either say or call Ethan's name Ethan,Ethan,Ethan and every time I would read it I would think of Ethan Bradberry or Ethan from H3H3 which made it quite amusing. The only thing that irked me a bit was when Rose completely bulldozed over him and he just for what ever reason assumed that she wouldn't let him go, like for all he knew this was just some introductory meeting for helping Maria, just say no dude, you are this fucking handsome stud with wolverine superpowers, stand up a bit for yourself. Then after she threatens you for passing on invitations you accept, but w/e hopefully further down the line the game will lay off the melodrama.

Lorric17

May 25, 2017
On the MC talking back to Rose: He saw her shoot a guy in cold blood.
Would you be snarkier?
I was talking about their first meeting. MC doesn't know her at all, except having been warned by both Dexter and Mike about her. The shooting comes later.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
I was talking about their first meeting. MC doesn't know her at all, except having been warned by both Dexter and Mike about her. The shooting comes later.
Well, we've seen from the thug incident that the MC is not some kick-their-ass hero. He's a regular guy with a bad badground that heals very fast.

A guy with connections to the underworld and a guy that had a gun on his head told him that Rose is unpredictable and he should jump when she says jump. Since he meets her just minutes after someone has pulled a gun and kidnapped him, I find it completely plausible that he would not say no even if she asked in the sweetest, most innocent tones. Again, we're clearly talking about a guy that didn't have run-ins with the mob and armed people.

He was warned by clearly dangerous people about her.

Your opinion may vary of course, but I still find it plausible that he was "yes mylady! Whatever you say!" towards her.

Reactions: Centurion
4.60 star(s) 8 Votes