darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Windows 11 is your problem. The version of Python (2.7) used with the Renpy shipped with HI does not support Windows 11. For Windows 11 a least Python 3.x is required, but switching from Python 2 to Python 3 is a major undertaking that Darkhound will not take on ligthly. I know, I have professionally seen major software vendors take 1,5 years to convert from Python 2 to Python 3. With boatloads of issues in between.
I have not heard that there is a general problem with windows 11.
And I cannot really believe that is the case, because otherwise there would be a ton of reported bugs by now.
Windows 11 still has trouble with hardware support and drivers though.
I cannot just upgrade the Python version, because it's an integrated part of Ren'py. And switching to a new Ren'py version will cause a lot of trouble and I have no idea how much time it would take to fix everything. For the time being it's not an option.

zapallbugs - Do you have a viable source that states that Python 2.7 does not work with windows 11?

I'm curious, does anyone else run the game on win11? With or without problems?

JDE07

Mar 22, 2021
And I cannot really believe that is the case, because otherwise there would be a ton of reported bugs by now.
I cannot just upgrade the Python version, because it's an integrated part of Ren'py. And switching to a new Ren'py version will cause a lot of trouble and I have no idea how much time it would take to fix everything. For the time being it's not an option.

zapallbugs - Do you have a viable source that states that Python 2.7 does not work with windows 11?

Well as you asked I'm running Win11, and not encountered any problems

Reactions: darkhound1

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018

Looking on Python.org ( ) shows the last 2.7 release was long before Windows11 became a thing. So it seems reasonable that nothing needed for W11 was retrofitted to that. As W11 has rather different hardware requirements it is certain newer drivers would be required. I cannot find a support statement for W11 in any Python 3 release. Seems they rolled out support (and may indeed all have been drivers etc) in phases. From a Python development view the Python core likely runs on anything supporting the instruction set needed. Specific OS support is then a driver issue, not a core language thing.

musicudaisuki

Oct 28, 2021
How to get Jessica's measurements without asking her or using cheats/mods?
Can women randomly come to an island after I gen an option to invite? I'd like to try that out, but I don't know if they wouldn't appear anyway.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
How to get Jessica's measurements without asking her or using cheats/mods?
Can women randomly come to an island after I gen an option to invite? I'd like to try that out, but I don't know if they wouldn't appear anyway.
Jessica : you will have to interacte with her to know her stats, hotshot game or ask her.
Once the island is full of girls (8 or 9 don't remember) and you get the option to kick off/invite girls, none will come randomly.

sfcpres

Mar 29, 2019
I'm going back and playing HotShots all over again (still have never gotten Yumiko's egg). But it got me thinking to other scenes revisited. Once upon a time Yvette would make a late night booty call. I haven't had that triggered in some time.
Did DH decide to keep that all to himself now? ;)

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
I'm going back and playing HotShots all over again (still have never gotten Yumiko's egg). But it got me thinking to other scenes revisited. Once upon a time Yvette would make a late night booty call. I haven't had that triggered in some time.
Did DH decide to keep that all to himself now? ;)
Still working. You must go to sleep before the nightbar close.

musicudaisuki

Oct 28, 2021
I don't want it to look like a complain, but is there a way to get Aly's measurements without getting her angry (Hotshots dress quest)?

musicudaisuki

Oct 28, 2021
If you ask her be sure her affection and/or love is high.
Girl can also give you her stats thought dialogue during scenes (drink at nightbar, beach walk, etc etc).
I have every relationship meter at 100 with one of the girls and she still gets offended. I guess it's RNG.

4.00 star(s) 211 Votes