Drearash

Jan 21, 2022
Holiday Island 0.4.5.0 has been released

Hello guys and gals,

pre beta testing for 0.4.5.0 has been finished and the new version is available for everyone now.
The update from 0.4.1.0 to 0.4.5.0 has 738 new renders, videos and sound files, 443 updated renders and 8 new backgrounds for the new phone.

All of the new stuff is in "webp" format and at least 2560x1440 resolution, which reduces space and increases image quality at the same time.

To see what's new, please check out the development news post for 0.4.5.0:

Save games from 0.0.8 alpha and later versions should still be working. Older saves are no longer supported.
!!!!! This is a new full version !!!!!
Please download the full 0.4.5.0 from these links (they are also on the main page):

Windows/Linux version:

Mega
OR
Google Drive

Mac version:
Mega
OR
Google Drive

Please extract the files into a new folder! Do not overwrite the existing game folder from an older version!
For all of you that get crashes as soon as you click on preferences or load, please manually add an empty text file in the HI sub folder "game".
Name the file: "use_fixed_resolution_720.txt"

What it will do is the following:
It will remove the resolution options and also the auto window scaling. After you have applied the patch, you will also be able to manually scale the game window again (e.g. maximizing it).

Happy playing!
Darkhound
Two words:

1) WOO
2) HOO!

Reactions: kfunky

Thunderbolt

May 31, 2017
Hey folks, can someone help me with the common question. I have that quest to get all Data's from Ivy but she dont want to answer me the question about her breast size. What i have to do that she tells me that?

Last edited:

pidgeon 9978

Jun 5, 2018
1719429574235.png 1719429637176.png 1719429687724.png 1719429766976.png
Getting this unskippable error on a new game straight after that above choice in amys 3rd workout. Ive used the companion mod to raise player stats and other girls but I only raised Amy's affection and love at 35 and lust to 100.

Snowsexxx32

Jun 3, 2018
Hi, i'm still getting startup error even though i deleted the persistent files in both locations.
Exception: DirectSoundCreate8: Invalid parameter
Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.4.1439
Holiday Island 0.4.5.0

Per renpy.org, renpy 7.4.x requires that a user's computer have OpenGL 2, DirectX 9, OpenGL ES 2, or WebGL to run Ren'Py. The model-based renderer requires OpenGL ES 3 or WebGL 2.

This error seems to indicate that you're running DirectX 8.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
View attachment 3773108 View attachment 3773110 View attachment 3773113 View attachment 3773115
Getting this unskippable error on a new game straight after that above choice in amys 3rd workout. Ive used the companion mod to raise player stats and other girls but I only raised Amy's affection and love at 35 and lust to 100.
This looks not game related, but a Renpy system error. Is this by any chance on Windows11? Renpy is known to be missing drivers needed on Win11.

Thunderbolt

May 31, 2017
Hey folks, can someone help me with the common question. I have that quest to get all Data's from Ivy but she dont want to answer me the question about her breast size. What i have to do that she tells me that?

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
Generally, it's just a matter of getting her favor up sufficiently high enough. This is done by raising her max affection cap and then raising the actual affection stat to meet that cap.

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
Reactions: yankeeInKy

anon2002

Nov 30, 2018
Gosh, I tried to make this post sooner but I had to wait in queue to post behind all those people who are not interested in the game but are here the moment after a release to share just how not interested they are.

Also, will need more bottles for their tears, that too.
I already got my tiny violin out of its tiny case to play an almost silent sad musical accompaniment for the poor souls that want someone else to play the game for them...

Sigh

Thunderbolt

May 31, 2017
Generally, it's just a matter of getting her favor up sufficiently high enough. This is done by raising her max affection cap and then raising the actual affection stat to meet that cap.
Nope she tells me "Nice try player! *grins* No way Iam just telling you my bra size ... *smirks*

McLOVINu

Mar 18, 2018
Mmm, what backgrounds and assets do the scenes use?

I know it is DAZ3D, but has the... DUF files been shared? [or whatever filetype, shows what stuff was used for scenes, characters, outfits, etc.]

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
This looks not game related, but a Renpy system error. Is this by any chance on Windows11? Renpy is known to be missing drivers needed on Win11.
View attachment 3773108 View attachment 3773110 View attachment 3773113 View attachment 3773115
It's a bug, I will fix it tomorrow when I'm able to replicate it.
It's caused by changes related to this new feature:
  • The old posing interface (where you can zoom in/out and can ask the girl to turn left or right) has been upgraded to support better conversations between the characters. The MC can answer now, same as he already can with the new posing interface. -> will be part of 0.4.5.0
In the meantime, before the crash, open the console and type this:
l_who1 = char1.fname

This should prevent the crash.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
It's a bug, I will fix it tomorrow when I'm able to replicate it.
It's caused by changes related to this new feature:
  • The old posing interface (where you can zoom in/out and can ask the girl to turn left or right) has been upgraded to support better conversations between the characters. The MC can answer now, same as he already can with the new posing interface. -> will be part of 0.4.5.0
In the meantime, before the crash, open the console and type this:
l_who1 = char1.fname

This should prevent the crash.
Shift + o to open the console (for those unaware)

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
Nope she tells me "Nice try player! *grins* No way Iam just telling you my bra size ... *smirks*
That's strange. I can't think of a reason why her behavior would be any different than the other girls. I generally don't invite Ivy to the island until much later so maybe there's a new story element interfering.

Thunderbolt

May 31, 2017
That's strange. I can't think of a reason why her behavior would be any different than the other girls. I generally don't invite Ivy to the island until much later so maybe there's a new story element interfering.
Yeah but i still didnt find out what its needed for.... and i was search the forum here and the walkthroughs no where i found an answer to it...

4.10 star(s) 213 Votes