darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
TypeError: list indices must be integers, not unicode

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpyc", line 1359, in script call
File "game/loc_pool.rpyc", line 4222, in script
y�P�8�(��MeF1�� ��C����A�q�2f@�3�e��1K����9�e<�-cnJ��
File "C:\Users\Junior Kessler\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1612, in execute
next_node(self.items[choice][2][0])
TypeError: list indices must be integers, not unicode

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Holiday Island 0.1.6.2
Thu May 09 10:21:34 2019
Is this a mod or 1.6.2 problem? I got it when I was coming out of the mod in the pool with Heather.
No idea how it happened or what caused it. What did you do?
Did the menu choice show up in the play pool scene or did it crash before?
Did you just load a save game?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Can't say for sure about some of the errors people are experiencing, but it might have something to do with using unren.bat. As @darkhound1 pointed out in this post, https://f95zone.to/threads/holiday-island-v0-1-6-2-beta-darkhound1.3782/post-1893150 sometimes the files get read incorrectly. I suspect just trying to patch or install a bugfix after unren.bat has been run might cause some inadvertent errors. My solution, which I started doing a few updates ago, is to do a clean install each time an update or bugfix is released. Once that is done, I then run unren.bat. All you really need do is to make sure you have saved your 'saves' folder somewhere else so you can find it and insert it into the game folder again. May work, may not, but it is worth a try.

bomg

May 16, 2017
I want to love this game but the poker and the UI were bullshit, have they improved?

Oct 31, 2017
Adding the 16.2 patch to the compressed version of 16.0 is a no-go for me, which is understandable but I think worth mentioning. Crashes or freezes on initial program execution.

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
The patch is for what purpose?
Holiday Island 0.1.6.2 beta has been released

Hi guys and gals,
the second bug fix update for 0.1.6.0 beta has been released. It includes all fixes from 0.1.6.1. So in case you have 0.1.6.0 right now, you do not need to get 0.1.6.1.

It includes all the fixes and new content from this post:

This is an update for the version 0.1.6.0 beta or 0.1.6.1 only.
In case you are new to the game, you need to download one of the main game files version 0.1.6.0 beta (PC or MAC) from the links on my main patreon page:

Save games from 0.0.8 alpha and later versions should still be working. Older saves are no longer supported.
Please download the update to 0.1.6.2 beta from the attached file or one of these links:

OR

To apply the update, please extract all files from the zip archive to the folder where you installed the full game. Overwrite all files when asked.
For Mac users, please navigate the folder structure:

\Contents\Resources\autorun
Inside you find the folder named "game". Copy the content of zip file into the "autorun" folder from above.

Have fun playing,
Darkhound

PS, since no one bothers to check the links, here is the bug fix list:
  • Random crashes with "Out of memory". Probably either a memory leak, or too high settings for caches. Haven't been able to reproduce it --> no fix yet (you could try changing the renpy renderer to directx or software - open the game and use shift + g, change the renderer, press "quit" and restart the game)
    If you invite Heather to the bar from her room and then play Hotshots, you can't visit her room an hour later since she's not in the list again --> fixed with 0.1.6.2
  • Yvette's dinner appointment didn't count as a "sex" action --> fixed with 0.1.6.2
  • Last picture of the "guess who" mini game could not be send --> fixed with 0.1.6.2
  • Some errors in the save game updater that prevented very old save games from loading --> fixed with 0.1.6.2
  • Crash with "NameError: name 'jessica' is not defined" when starting a new game --> fixed with 0.1.6.2
The patch fixes some bugs and other problems of the new update 1.0.6 beta that was released some days ago ; you can read all details in the post of the Dev

Baxonius

Nov 23, 2018
Great Update! oh well i cant get a hotspot with Lovely Aly..need some with Fouth nightwear. how?

Panda135

Mar 10, 2018
so i accidentally deleted the game thinking i was getting rid of a diff one, and i lost my save files... anyone have a save file i can use of recent updates?

tl;dr: need a save file plz

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
Art looks nice, but free roam + grinding makes me hesitant to give this game a shot. So, I got some questions. Dun dun dun...

Are any of the characters routes completed? If none are, will any be completed within the next few updates? Is there, will there be endings.. or is this one of those harem sandbox games where ya "gotta catch em all"? Are the sex scenes hot and worth the grind?

Jun 4, 2017
so i accidentally deleted the game thinking i was getting rid of a diff one, and i lost my save files... anyone have a save file i can use of recent updates?

tl;dr: need a save file plz
*sigh*

A couple hundred save files, you mean, since one would do you little good . . . Here's a link @Puppet Master posted earlier this week to a collection of saves:

Or, you can ask @jikorde for the link to his most recent posting of all his save files--I'm not sure which page it's on, and I wasn't having any luck finding it, but I'm sure he knows. (For that matter, he might post the updated collection five minutes from now.)

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Art looks nice, but free roam + grinding makes me hesitant to give this game a shot. So, I got some questions. Dun dun dun...

Are any of the characters routes completed? If none are, will any be completed within the next few updates? Is there, will there be endings.. or is this one of those harem sandbox games where ya "gotta catch em all"? Are the sex scenes hot and worth the grind?
Are any of the characters routes completed? Nope
If none are, will any be completed within the next few updates? Unlikely
Is there, will there be endings.. or is this one of those harem sandbox games where ya "gotta catch em all"? Unknown
Are the sex scenes hot and worth the grind? This thread is about the game, so people here will say yes.

The most important things to know I guess is that the game is huge in terms of renders and videos (It has 5000+ renders and videos, or about 3800 if counting the major things) so it gives some rather odds results when compared to others, ex. other games would be version 10+ Directors Cut, GOTY, Enhanced, Skyrim modded at that amount of renders.

So the v0.1.6.2 should be viewed as a reflection of huge project + Darkhound tending towards conversative in terms of incrementing version number.

Yvette, Heather, Faye, Eva, Jessica and Amy + Alice will come closest to what is understood as complete in other games, having most content and events.
So picking them will give the best impression.

The rest, well, unren.bat, looks at the images, animations & try it, since that is a matter of taste.

Start will be slow though, game picks up from week to week, around week 2 most things are active and around week 4-5 it has reached "normal" pace with a full island, fair amount of resources and story bits coming in.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Here's my crunched version.

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no bitching.

Holiday Island [v0.1.6.2 Beta] [darkhound1] - Original Size: 1.11GB

Download PC (302MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

bleach4613

Mar 22, 2018
Did you try the Shopping App on your phone? I don't use them as I find the cheat code listed in the Guide more reliable and a faster way to ensure I win every time.
I dont have a shopping app on it. Do I have to reach a certain point? I tried inputting the cheats but not inputting them correctly i guess so have to grind. Also how do u increase Jennifer's points since you can't use the regular conversations options?

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
I dont have a shopping app on it. Do I have to reach a certain point? I tried inputting the cheats but not inputting them correctly i guess so have to grind. Also how do u increase Jennifer's points since you can't use the regular conversations options?
The shop app is added after some times spend on the island ( don't remember, maybe a week or 2 ).
For the special characters like Jennifer, use gifts, be nice (no flash me your boobs at first meet) or cheat (which I do). I think the quests involving the special characters are not linked to their love/affection status but the flash/grope/etc stuff is.

Jan 26, 2018
Any1 has a full..ish save? I've played until the previous version but I reinstalled my computer and lost all saves from all games.

Much apreciated.

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
Are any of the characters routes completed? Nope
If none are, will any be completed within the next few updates? Unlikely
Is there, will there be endings.. or is this one of those harem sandbox games where ya "gotta catch em all"? Unknown
Are the sex scenes hot and worth the grind? This thread is about the game, so people here will say yes.

The most important things to know I guess is that the game is huge in terms of renders and videos (It has 5000+ renders and videos, or about 3800 if counting the major things) so it gives some rather odds results when compared to others, ex. other games would be version 10+ Directors Cut, GOTY, Enhanced, Skyrim modded at that amount of renders.

So the v0.1.6.2 should be viewed as a reflection of huge project + Darkhound tending towards conversative in terms of incrementing version number.

Yvette, Heather, Faye, Eva, Jessica and Amy + Alice will come closest to what is understood as complete in other games, having most content and events.
So picking them will give the best impression.

The rest, well, unren.bat, looks at the images, animations & try it, since that is a matter of taste.

Start will be slow though, game picks up from week to week, around week 2 most things are active and around week 4-5 it has reached "normal" pace with a full island, fair amount of resources and story bits coming in.
Appreciate the detailed reply. I was hoping for more yeses, but it is what is. I'll keep those 7 girls you mentioned in mind if I give this game a go.

@Puppet Master Thanks for sending me a FAQ.

:D(y)

Reactions: Puppet Master
4.10 star(s) 213 Votes