darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
So a couple issues with the most recent version.
1. The Jessica renders aren't in the gallery.
2. If you invite Heather to the bar from her room and then play Hotshots, you can't visit her room an hour later since she's not in the list again.
3. Yvette's dinner appointment doesn't reset the orgasm time passed, so i got the 48 hour warning 7 hours after the dinner scene.
4. I think the final Guess Who image is broken or something? I got the Amy one I was missing but now Yumiko won't send the final one so I think that image might be broken. Like anytime it's rolled to be sent she doesn't send it. Its the bottom middle image.

Two general questions/statements-
What is the context needed to make Yvette send her new context images? Usually the girls get new events to trigger those but Yvette didn't get anything new. I tried the dinner again but that just gets the great bunny Yvette image. I would think it's either visiting her in her room or selecting the right thing during the night visit but haven't tested everything yet.

Next time someone asks for how to get the Aly trohies, tell them to do the titfuck/blowjob one instead of one of the others to see if those work. Since y'know, Aly finally does something.
About your issues:
1. Which images do you mean? The visit in her room images are part of the scene achievements. There are no other new ones that can show up.
2. Fixed it
3. The player action for "sex" was missing (this will also reset the counter). I've added it now.
4. I have noticed that too. Maybe Wilson has some time to check it out. I'll let him know.
EDIT:
4. Fixed it

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Same issue as above

Works in 0.1.6.0.

Breaks with 0.1.6.1 fix. Reproducible.
Happens after you give Joy your name in the start.

Using the characters.rpy from a few pages back gives same result (expected as that was intended to fix something else)

Clean install used.

jikorde

Mar 4, 2018
About your issues:
1. Which images do you mean? The visit in her room images are part of the scene achievements. There are no other new ones that can show up.
2. Fixed it
3. The player action for "sex" was missing (this will also reset the counter). I've added it now.
4. I have noticed that too. Maybe Wilson has some time to check it out. I'll let him know.
I misunderstood which renders you added for the Jessica thing. Don't worry about that.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Same issue as above

Works in 0.1.6.0.

Breaks with 0.1.6.1 fix. Reproducible.
Happens after you give Joy your name in the start.

Using the characters.rpy from a few pages back gives same result (expected as that was intended to fix something else)

Clean install used.
Already fixed and in the bug list.
0.1.6.2 will be available in a couple of minutes

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Holiday Island 0.1.6.2 beta has been released

Hi guys and gals,
the second bug fix update for 0.1.6.0 beta has been released. It includes all fixes from 0.1.6.1. So in case you have 0.1.6.0 right now, you do not need to get 0.1.6.1.

It includes all the fixes and new content from this post:

This is an update for the version 0.1.6.0 beta or 0.1.6.1 only.
In case you are new to the game, you need to download one of the main game files version 0.1.6.0 beta (PC or MAC) from the links on my main patreon page:

Save games from 0.0.8 alpha and later versions should still be working. Older saves are no longer supported.
Please download the update to 0.1.6.2 beta from the attached file or one of these links:

OR

To apply the update, please extract all files from the zip archive to the folder where you installed the full game. Overwrite all files when asked.
For Mac users, please navigate the folder structure:

\Contents\Resources\autorun
Inside you find the folder named "game". Copy the content of zip file into the "autorun" folder from above.

Have fun playing,
Darkhound

PS, since no one bothers to check the links, here is the bug fix list:
  • Random crashes with "Out of memory". Probably either a memory leak, or too high settings for caches. Haven't been able to reproduce it --> no fix yet (you could try changing the renpy renderer to directx or software - open the game and use shift + g, change the renderer, press "quit" and restart the game)
    If you invite Heather to the bar from her room and then play Hotshots, you can't visit her room an hour later since she's not in the list again --> fixed with 0.1.6.2
  • Yvette's dinner appointment didn't count as a "sex" action --> fixed with 0.1.6.2
  • Last picture of the "guess who" mini game could not be send --> fixed with 0.1.6.2
  • Some errors in the save game updater that prevented very old save games from loading --> fixed with 0.1.6.2
  • Crash with "NameError: name 'jessica' is not defined" when starting a new game --> fixed with 0.1.6.2

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Forget it, now showing 1.6.2, had to redownload everything, because unren somehow messes with the updates
If you use unren, you can have some files multiple times (like the background.jpg). If there is an unpacked image, teh game will always use this one over the ones in the archives. Most of the time it's not a problem. But all images that got updates, you're still using the old ones.
Long story short - if you want to use unren, you have to do it on every new archive as well. Then copy/paste + overwrite.

titmanassguy

Jan 18, 2018
If you use unren, you can have some files multiple times (like the background.jpg). If there is an unpacked image, teh game will always use this one over the ones in the archives. Most of the time it's not a problem. But all images that got updates, you're still using the old ones.
Long story short - if you want to use unren, you have to do it on every new archive as well. Then copy/paste + overwrite.
Yeah, I realize what the issue is. So now I just download a clean copy and all the updares and install like that, then I put unren I the file and do that. Really only use it to see which sexts I'm missing, not as big of an issue anymore with all them on the phone, so probably just habit at this point

turutu

Jul 11, 2017
Heather white lingerie
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'gui/empty_40.png'>:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/empty_40.png'.

-- Full Traceback ----------------------------------
v1.6.2

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Heather white lingerie

v1.6.2
Please copy the attached file to your game/gui folder and rename it to "empty_40.png", or redownload the patch file to 0.1.6.2. I have added the missing file now. Sorry for that.

Jun 4, 2017
I just played through Heather's Hot Shots sequence, and after getting the shot of the closed door with the line "You decide to go to your room and maybe also get some sleep," I get the following error--and I can't go forward because it won't allow me to ignore it, only to roll back (and thus get the error again).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I just played through Heather's Hot Shots sequence, and after getting the shot of the closed door with the line "You decide to go to your room and maybe also get some sleep," I get the following error--and I can't go forward because it won't allow me to ignore it, only to roll back (and thus get the error again).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hi, did you already start the event in an older version and upgraded to 0.1.6.2 in the middle of it?
I have no other explanation for the error and no way of fixing it.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
I misunderstood which renders you added for the Jessica thing. Don't worry about that.
Were you talking about that :
Jessica gets the "jump into the pool" renders --> part of 0.1.6.1

I'm also wondering what it is for Jessica doesn't have a "play in the pool" action button.

Jun 4, 2017
Hi, did you already start the event in an older version and upgraded to 0.1.6.2 in the middle of it?
I have no other explanation for the error and no way of fixing it.
Yes, I had started it after upgrading to 0.1.6.1, and it had hung in the middle of the animation. I'll try again from further back. Thanks.

Reactions: darkhound1

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Were you talking about that :
Jessica gets the "jump into the pool" renders --> part of 0.1.6.1

I'm also wondering what it is for Jessica doesn't have a "play in the pool" action button.
Haha, you're right. She has climb out and jump in, but no swim or play in the pool :D
So kinda useless right now.
I will add the play scene for the next update or the one after.

junior366

Jun 20, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
TypeError: list indices must be integers, not unicode

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpyc", line 1359, in script call
File "game/loc_pool.rpyc", line 4222, in script
y�P�8�(��MeF1�� ��C����A�q�2f@�3�e��1K����9�e<�-cnJ��
File "C:\Users\Junior Kessler\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\HolidayIsland-0.1.6.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1612, in execute
next_node(self.items[choice][2][0])
TypeError: list indices must be integers, not unicode

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Holiday Island 0.1.6.2
Thu May 09 10:21:34 2019
Is this a mod or 1.6.2 problem? I got it when I was coming out of the mod in the pool with Heather.

4.10 star(s) 214 Votes