zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
You can choose room service girl for the week at the reception....
I don't think Yvette doing room service is required for this scene. The reference to Jessica and Desire is there because they also visit the MC's room without doing room service. And you can't get rid of the room service girl, there is always one.

Reactions: Puppet Master

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
I don't think it matters if Yvette is the maid or or reception or nothing, but the less she has to do, the higher the chances that she will come crying to your door.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
I don't think Yvette doing room service is required for this scene. The reference to Jessica and Desire is there because they also visit the MC's room without doing room service. And you can't get rid of the room service girl, there is always one.
She will not come if she has a job at the time the event tries to spawn.
So roomservice and reception blocks it if she is already there.

Also she needs high love.

Furthermore the game needs to have progressed a number of days.
So she is not going to drop around in the beginning days of the game.

All short events work with a cooldown, so if they are on cooldown, no amount of trying will work.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Regarding the cooldown, do you mean that there is a cooldown period for each event, each girl or all short visits, or all events?
For instance, if the cooldown period is 24 hours, and Yvette comes to my door to ask about another girl: , Yvette won't come back for 24 hours to ask about another girl, but she might come crying to your door (event); Yvette will not return for 24 hours, but Renee could come looking for a toothbrush at night (girl); when the maid comes to clean your room, you may still get a visit from Jessica about her batteries (short visits); or if the maid comes to clean your room, no other girl will visit your room without an appointment (all events).
I've made the assumption that it is all short visits and added the info to my FAQ.

Last edited:

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
I've added a lot to my FAQ; so seriously this time:
SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

I have made a checklist for all of the current achievements.
I have collected all the answers for Hotshots, collated them and listed them under each girl who is listed alphabetically.
I have collected all of the words used in Hangman and listed them by length, then alphabetically.
These are all at the end, so that if you want to discover them for yourself instead of cheating, just don't look. See above: SPOILERS!

I'm pretty sure it is up to date for 1.7.2, but there are now 67 answers (including how to get Heather to Pole Dance for you); so I may have missed a little, here and there.

Last edited:

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018

I have collected all the answers for Hotshots, collated them and listed them under each girl who is listed alphabetically.
I have collected all of the words used in Hangman and listed them by length, then alphabetically.
These are all at the end, so that if you want to discover them for yourself instead of cheating, just don't look. See above: SPOILERS!

I'm pretty sure it is up to date for 1.7.2, but there are now 67 answers (including how to get Heather to Pole Dance for you); so I may have missed a little, here and there.
Keep up the good work!!(y)(y)(y)

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017

Nice, you should submit it to Pepé Le Pew so he can update the OP. No need to continue to update the Guide, which was never a walkthrough, whereas your FAQ is.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Regarding the cooldown, do you mean that there is a cooldown period for each event, each girl or all short visits, or all events?
That is horrendously difficult to answer.
It depends on the event. Some share, some do not.

The newer short events seem unique and grouped together as one or two types of events.

ex. Girls visiting our room are a type of Short Event (there are others) and they do seem to share some timers ex. they cannot spawn within a few hours of each other and cannot themselves repeat within some days.

Moving beyond that to events in general (and what even is an event and what is not) it gets very tricky.

In general it is safe to simply assume there is a cooldown or more in operation for any event either for when it can reoccur or when others linked to it can.

Last edited:

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Nice, you should submit it to Pepé Le Pew so he can update the OP. No need to continue to update the Guide, which was never a walkthrough, whereas your FAQ is.
Although not absolutely necessary the Guide could use some updates. It is at 1.6.0 level and does not mention Mercedes and Miriam. And maybe by 1.8.0 all the UI changes could make an update inevitable. It is not a walkthrough in the strict sense but is a good explanation of the general mechanics of the game.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.1.8 beta - development news (updated 15/08/2019)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.1.8 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.1.7.0 release.
The next release is 0.1.8.0 beta which will be a new full update!
It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes.
The update from 0.1.7.0 to 0.1.8.0 has 433 new renders, videos and sound files right now!

New features and content
  • Lacey gets a beach pose scene --> will be part of 0.1.8.0 (still working on it)
  • Delizia gets a quest to help her get strong enough to train weight lifting --> will be part of 0.1.8.0 (still working on it) 80% finished
  • Delizia gets an extended workout weight lifting scene --> will be part of 0.1.8.0 (still working on it)
  • The user interface (UI) gets a new look and a lot of improvements, freeing up a lot of space in the process --> will be part of 0.1.8.0 (still working on it)
  • Jennifer's transformation story will be concluded --> will be part of 0.1.8.0 (still working on it) 70% finished
  • Lacey gets an extended pool play scene --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Yumiko gets an arrival scene, a new sexting image and a new dream image --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Ivy gets all the reception uniform renders --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Lacey gets the pool jump in and climb out images --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Lacey gets all the reception uniform renders --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Delizia gets all the reception uniform renders --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Mercedes gets a posing scene --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Mercedes gets a nude shower scene --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Mercedes' quest where you can visit her in her room will be finished --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Lacey gets a short even in the hotel corridor --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Heather gets two pool distraction events --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Brenda gets a beach yoga event and the achievement --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Delizia gets a beach yoga event and the achievement --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Desire gets a beach yoga event and the achievement --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Amy gets a beach yoga event and the achievement --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Jennifer gets a beach yoga event and the achievement --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • The first binocular where you can watch the girls doing beach yoga will be added --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
Minor improvements and changes
  • The girls' lust will be auto reduced at night on certain conditions --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • You can now spike the girls' drink with a "purple tablet" to reduce lust --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • All MC shower scenes have been replaced by a function call. "Blue pill" effect is shown now and MC is using the shower of the correct room (new/old player room) --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Weight training with Jennifer will reduce endurance and add "smell" effect --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Delizia gets girl specific "talk about her" chat lines --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • Sexting images now support ".jpg" and ".webp" image format --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
  • You will see the girl's body type now on the phone when you know bra, waist, hips and weight --> will be part of 0.1.8.0
Bug fixes
  • Scheduling/calendar has been changed to support up to 2 am. Also "change of day" for calendar has been changed to 2 am. This will avoid problems with dates at 1 am --> will be fixed with 0.1.8.0
  • Nightbar "last call" scene was shown with wrong bartender or could result in a crash when you did it on day 1--> will be fixed with 0.1.8.0
  • In certain circumstances during the Miriam and Mercedes poster scene, the receptionist overlay image was still shown --> will be fixed with 0.1.8.0
  • There was a possible endless loop when you arrive at the island (it occurs only very rarely) --> will be fixed with 0.1.8.0
  • The other shower scene with Faye should also count to get the shower symbol --> will be fixed with 0.1.8.0
  • There is still a bug when Aly is the plane girl and another girl arrives on the island early. --> will be fixed with 0.1.8.0 (or you can use the quick fix from the post where you get 0.1.7.2, see link below)
Is the update going to break save games?:

0.1.7.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.1.7.2 beta --> same as for 0.1.7.1 beta
0.1.8.0 beta --> same as for 0.1.7.1 beta​

Estimated release dates:

0.1.7.1 beta --> available since 13/07/2019
0.1.7.2 beta --> available since 14/07/2019

0.1.8.0 beta
--> no date yet

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
I also posted on DH patreon page.

darkhound1, I checked the memory usage while playing (with HWmonitor) and it seems that is the graphic card memory that is over used. I have a 2Go GC and at the end of the day (in game ), it can be at 90% usage if I played hotshots, toyed with the room wallpaper and such. Note that now I rarely crash because of the mem purge but the leak remains. I think you never have been able to reproduce it because of your high video memory.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
I had a weird thing happen in poker. Playing Lacey, she had a Flush, but I had a Straight Flush. I should have won, but because her flush had a higher card, the computer said she won. I've attached a pic.

Reactions: imzahai

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
I had a weird thing happen in poker. Playing Lacey, she had a Flush, but I had a Straight Flush. I should have won, but because her flush had a higher card, the computer said she won. I've attached a pic.
Maybe the problem is that there is already a Flush on the table without involving your cards? Or the game doesn't know about Straight Flushes.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
From the text it looks like the Straight flush is not detected. I need to check this. Takes a lot of time unfortunately if I can't see the problem directly from the code without debugging it.

4.00 star(s) 210 Votes