zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
From the text it looks like the Straight flush is not detected. I need to check this. Takes a lot of time unfortunately if I can't see the problem directly from the code without debugging it.
Looks like an extremely rare corner case. There is a Flush on the table and both players have a Flush as well.
In fact I am suprised there is even a winner. If the Straight Flush is not taken into account the high card of all three Flushes is on the table and not with either of the players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Puppet Master

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Took 2 years before someone noticed.
And probably would not have noticed if she was more undressed :giggle:

The following is blind speculation, since it seems like a fun little logical exercise for a thursday evening.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Looks like an extremely rare corner case. There is a Flush on the table and both players have a Flush as well.
It certainly is a rare case.
Still it's a 7 vs 7 card comparisson. It doesn't really matter where the cards are placed. There are no checks or preferences in that regard. I will look into it after I've written the scene I'm workig on right now.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
It certainly is a rare case.
Still it's a 7 vs 7 card comparisson. It doesn't really matter where the cards are placed. There are no checks or preferences in that regard. I will look into it after I've written the scene I'm workig on right now.
Well, this is deep into Poker rules (I am not well versed in them). Example, if there is a full-house on the table and both players have nothing I hope the rules make that a draw and don't give the win to either of the players that happens to have a high card totally unrelated to the full-house.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Took 2 years before someone noticed.
And probably would not have noticed if she was more undressed :giggle:

The following is blind speculation, since it seems like a fun little logical exercise for a thursday evening.
Ace does not count as 1, that's why it is not detected.
It's not really a coding error. I don't play poker myself. I simply didn't know that the ace can be used as "1" too.
Unfortunately this is not so easy to fix, because the "straight" evaluation is based on sorted cards right now.

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
It's not really a coding error. I don't play poker myself. I simply didn't know that the ace can be used as "1" too.
I rarely play myself but back when I was much young(er) an AI beat me that way.
Remembered it since.

The fun part is that the object now as then was the same.
Better looking girls now though :D

Edit : He is at 311 days so we should let Joy bust him on overstaying his welcome with 221 days. Besides, even the code looks at the boobs after day 90. I claim user error! Abuse of peaceful code taking a well deserved rest! :)

Last edited:

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Unfortunately this is not so easy to fix, because the "straight" evaluation is based on sorted cards right now.
I haven't seen the actual code. But the programmer in me would think along these lines: produce two result sets, one with ace counting as 1 and the other with ace counting as 14. Then run the "straight" evaluation twice. In theory that could turn up an even rarer situation with both players having a Straight Flush, one with a low ace and the other with a high ace. Like this:
player 1: two cards from the table, two cards in hand, low ace from the table
player 2: two cards from the table, two cards in hand, high ace from the table

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
I haven't seen the actual code. But the programmer in me would think along these lines: produce two result sets, one with ace counting as 1 and the other with ace counting as 14. Then run the "straight" evaluation twice. In theory that could turn up an even rarer situation with both players having a Straight Flush, one with a low ace and the other with a high ace. Like this:
player 1: two cards from the table, two cards in hand, low ace from the table
player 2: two cards from the table, two cards in hand, high ace from the table
OR invoke Rule #4 : Boobs beats all

So Darkhound should create more boob and punish players for not looking at boob.
This leads to the best of both worlds, We get more boob and people learn not to question the game.

Done. Decided. That's the solution. Let there be boob. :p

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Ha-ha :)

I've just added the ace (14) always as a (1) too for the straight checks. Since we only have 7 cards (8 in that case), it shouldn't cause any problems.

In fact I am suprised there is even a winner. If the Straight Flush is not taken into account the high card of all three Flushes is on the table and not with either of the players.
Without the straight, Lacey has A, J, 7 ad player only has A, J, 5 - so Lacey wins.

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Ha-ha :)

I've just added the ace (14) always as a (1) too for the straight checks. Since we only have 7 cards (8 in that case), it shouldn't cause any problems.

Without the straight, Lacey has A, J, 7 ad player only has A, J, 5 - so Lacey wins.
Ah, I told I was a noob at Poker rules.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
What's weird is that I think a girl once beat me with a straight flush. Of course, it could have been evaluated differently, so that she beat me with a higher flush. Still I think it's what Darkhound1 said, the game recognizes the Straight Flush (although it happens as aften as a Hole-In-One), but fails to recognize the Ace as a 1 in such cases.

From my FAQ:

Last edited:

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Also, there should be a cooldown for playing poker with a girl, sort of like with Hotshots. If you play strip poker with a girl, then ask her to play again the same night, she should decline the offer, saying: "We just played poker a little while ago. Ask me again tomorrow." Also, she should decline to play poker with you if she's angry with, "I'm not doing that, I'm still mad at you!" Of course, you should still be able to play poker with other girls om the same night, just not more than one game with the same girl in one night.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Also, there should be a cooldown for playing poker with a girl, sort of like with Hotshots. If you play strip poker with a girl, then ask her to play again the same night, she should decline the offer, saying: "We just played poker a little while ago. Ask me again tomorrow." Also, she should decline to play poker with you if she's angry with, "I'm not doing that, I'm still mad at you!" Of course, you should still be able to play poker with other girls om the same night, just not more than one game with the same girl in one night.
I've added the cooldown. It's two days break now. It was already in place, but not completely implemented.
I didn't add anger, because right now it's not really used anywhere. If I start with it, I do it as a general change.
But I've added affection requirements instead.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I also posted on DH patreon page.

darkhound1, I checked the memory usage while playing (with HWmonitor) and it seems that is the graphic card memory that is over used. I have a 2Go GC and at the end of the day (in game ), it can be at 90% usage if I played hotshots, toyed with the room wallpaper and such. Note that now I rarely crash because of the mem purge but the leak remains. I think you never have been able to reproduce it because of your high video memory.
There is not much I can do about it (except call renpy.free_memory() more often). It's a problem between Renpy, Python and the high resolution webp images I'm using now.

I've added the free memory in several spots now as well:
  • when you put your phone away
  • when an interactive sex scene starts
  • when an interactive sex scene ends
  • when a multi frame animation ends
  • when you put away the binoculars
If necessary I could do it for each scene that starts. But this will require adding it in a lot of places, which I would like to avoid.

BDub52

Oct 23, 2018
Hello all. I've been playing about a year, and keeping up with the thread. I am on day 159 and have not gotten a phone message from Joy to play poker. I know it is a random event, but I must have missed a trigger. I've seen her for the Jennifer transformation story, but have never got an invite. What did I mess up?

Also, any kind of additional Joy play is appreciated in advance!! :p

rewyn

Nov 6, 2017
mac version crashes upon opening. Is there a fix somewhere in previous messages? How do I fix this? Haven't played since 0.0.5 alpha, but that one worked fine

Here is the traceback:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 198, in script call
call _gl_test
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 442, in script
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 198, in script call
call _gl_test
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 442, in script
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 442, in <module>
$ __gl_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 359, in _m1_00gltest__gl_test
_gl_performance_test()
File "renpy/common/00gltest.rpy", line 384, in _gl_performance_test
ui.interact(suppress_underlay=True, suppress_overlay=True)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/window_icon.png'.

Last edited:

steelraw123

Apr 12, 2019
i try downloading and rerun the game but my save data is still there. anyone know where the save data is? i also tried to delete the "save" file in the game it just didn't work for me. i wish to restart the whole game clean how do i do that?

4.00 star(s) 210 Votes