Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
New user interface, right side panel (0.1.9 beta)

Hello everyone!

Since the right panel of the user interface didn't really look good in combination with the slim and more modern looking new UI on the upper left, it got an upgrade as well.
For the right side panel, the changes are more cosmetic in nature. I didn't change functionality, because the buttons are needed as they were.

The following details haven been changed:
  • more transparent, slimmer looking background
  • all buttons are back to the standard size 40x40, which makes them easier to click on the android phone version of the game
  • player actions and girl actions are split now for work bartender and workout instructor
  • the hover (mouse over button) text has been moved to the left of the panel and the text color has been matched to the left upper UI
  • the phone has been moved 50 pixels to the left, to make room for the overlay text
  • some texts and smaller problems have been adjusted/corrected
In case you've noticed, the too small load/save buttons on the left upper panel have been removed.
I hope you like the new look,

Darkhound

screenshot0001.jpg screenshot0003.jpg screenshot0004.jpg

Where will the save/load buttons be?​
Nowhere, they are gone and won't be back. You have to use the right mouse button to save and load, like in 99% of all other Ren'py games.​
DarkHound​

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
i have exceptions too many times, think you need fix a couple of things, the rest is good like allways.(sorry for the bad english)

P.D. BTW more yvette pls pls ;)
If you tell us what exceptions you get and attach a crash report, I can do something about it and try to fix it.
Just writing about it like you do is just "hearsay" and is not helping.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Why do you want to get rid of the save/load buttons?
If there is a reason for inconveniencing us, then we'll deal with it. However, if it's just for looks, then I'd rather have the buttons.
I can use esc to save, but then I have to change to load. Often I forget to hit the load button, which can be disasterous if you don't notice that you are overwriting a saved game.
I really miss the load button when playing Hotshots.
I reload all the time during Hotshots.

Reactions: brianiac

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
I,too, liked the old buttons but with the new UI, they are too small therefore not ergonomic.
Since the UI update, I barely used the load/save for that reason.

Puppet Master , what you can do is enable quick save/load via unren.bat ( F5/F9 keys).

Last edited:
Reactions: Bantry

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
I suppose that since in my typical Hotshots game I reload about 30 times, I could just use it for that.
Am I the only one not happy about the UI not having a load button?

goatboy23

Jun 27, 2017
still stuck is the 2nd version of jennifer story on this update?

waited 4 days after the long story and still nothing after dinner any tip appreciated.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
You visit her after dinner between 19h/21h ( or something like that ) when she is not working at the bar ? Not much more to tell besides trying more.

Reactions: junior366

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
I'm bad at spinning the wheel! When I don't get what I want, I reload.
I need to get the personal question, then get that to be "How old is she?"
Once I have that, I want Soft or Hard question to increase the heat before she passes out.
If I need Yumiko's Easter egg, then the number of reloads skyrockets!
Also, to get the answers for a new girl, I have to keep reloading until I get them all.
That's a lot of reloads!

• Haha
Reactions: junior366
Jul 28, 2019
Once I have that, I want Soft or Hard question to increase the heat before she passes out.
Also, to get the answers for a new girl, I have to keep reloading until I get them all.
That's a lot of reloads!
Puppet Master,

Check page 576! ;)

Regards,

Compo.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
That's a lot of reloads!
Sure but by now, you should have all the answers and Yumi egg.
AFAIC, it's extremely rare when MC or a girl pass out.

cloves8

Nov 23, 2018
If you tell us what exceptions you get and attach a crash report, I can do something about it and try to fix it.
Just writing about it like you do is just "hearsay" and is not helping.
Oh np here, dont have the ingame report, but i have exceptions when i talk with amy on dinner time, happens when i want to give her a present or interact with the other silmilar options, maybe the thing is she have love and lust very high, idk..
P.D.1= sorry for my english again
P.D.2= more yvette pls pls;)

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
The only time ( might have been 2 times ) I started from scratch was 0.1.7.0 when Aly second arrival was added.
I replay between updates but never from start.

Reactions: Puppet Master
4.00 star(s) 210 Votes