hottarod

Oct 14, 2019
if you still have problems for running ren'py you should give this video a try:

but, sadly, wendell has said that, at the end of the day a windows vm with a separate card is the best option.

also, it is not my place to critique your OS choice, but ubuntu has done some really shady stuff and continues to do so, like adding spyware and selling the info to amazon (this was removed upon outcry in later editions) and still do similar things, i wouldnt recommend ubuntu, and at least i want you to be aware the company developing it does a lot of this stuff.
Yeah they finally relented to pressure or maybe it was greed and started pumping our information out to the highest bidders. But then the NSA was a team member at the table for Microsoft's development of Windows 7 and after. The Ubuntu team did go back and make that rather intrusive feature an option you could shut off. The "cloud" that they have now come up with like all the other clouds is also something I stay out of.

I moved to Linux after having my bank debit card number stolen a few times running windows with every malware, spyware, trapware software I could get. I also went through the hundreds of ports Windows leaves open to breaches and shut down as many as I could. It still didn't secure the machine completely. Since I moved to Ubuntu several years ago my card has not been compromised.

In general, if you are on the internet, you are being spied on by multiple sources for various reasons. Anonymous VPN's are not really a fix for this either even though they advertise themselves to be. NSA has broken every commercial encryption system being used or leveraged their power to force encryption software developers to give them the inside hook(like Microsoft did). I do run duck duck which is supposed to be a privacy guaranteed domain name server but I think that is also unlikely.

Sadly, this is where we have come to with our Bill of Rights versus the internet.

jasfest

Jun 2, 2017
Yeah they finally relented to pressure or maybe it was greed and started pumping our information out to the highest bidders. But then the NSA was a team member at the table for Microsoft's development of Windows 7 and after. The Ubuntu team did go back and make that rather intrusive feature an option you could shut off. The "cloud" that they have now come up with like all the other clouds is also something I stay out of.

I moved to Linux after having my bank debit card number stolen a few times running windows with every malware, spyware, trapware software I could get. I also went through the hundreds of ports Windows leaves open to breaches and shut down as many as I could. It still didn't secure the machine completely. Since I moved to Ubuntu several years ago my card has not been compromised.

In general, if you are on the internet, you are being spied on by multiple sources for various reasons. Anonymous VPN's are not really a fix for this either even though they advertise themselves to be. NSA has broken every commercial encryption system being used or leveraged their power to force encryption software developers to give them the inside hook(like Microsoft did). I do run duck duck which is supposed to be a privacy guaranteed domain name server but I think that is also unlikely.

Sadly, this is where we have come to with our Bill of Rights versus the internet.
absolutely, a lot of places are spying on you, but you know, not experienced people think that just switching to linux (not even knowing that different distros exists) solves all problems, which is not true at all, things are never so simple, so its important to put small chunks of info out there, just in case.

adeii

Dec 25, 2018
Monday, 18:30, eat, twice. No lust. 19:30 finally can ask Jennifer for 2nd part of story, she re-schadule story for Wednesday,Friday,Sunday.

miscritx

Feb 25, 2019
Did you look at @Puppet Master FAQ ?
I just took a look at it at his faq, i'm curious about something..
"This is the same sex scene as the reward for strength training with her. If Yvette has already returned from seeing her sister, there is a 50% chance that she will reward you with a private dinner instead." I quote this from Puppet Master's FAQ and i was wondering whether this 50% chance she will reward you is when you visit her for the special evening or is it a 50% of the appointment showing "you have a private dinner with yvette" or something along those lines?

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
I just took a look at it at his faq, i'm curious about something..
"This is the same sex scene as the reward for strength training with her. If Yvette has already returned from seeing her sister, there is a 50% chance that she will reward you with a private dinner instead." I quote this from Puppet Master's FAQ and i was wondering whether this 50% chance she will reward you is when you visit her for the special evening or is it a 50% of the appointment showing "you have a private dinner with yvette" or something along those lines?
Make her win the butt of wet t-shirt context, she will send you an invite and there is a 50/50 for either sex or dinner.

Reactions: junior366

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Holiday Island 0.1.9.0 beta has been released

Hello guys and gals,

pre beta testing for 0.1.9.0 has been finished and it's now available for everyone.
The update from 0.1.8.0 to 0.1.9.0 has 687 new renders, videos and sound files.
Most of the new stuff is in ".webp" format and at least 1920x1080 resultion, which reduces space and increases image quality at the same time.

To see what's new, please check out the development news post for 0.1.9.0 beta
:

Save games from 0.0.8 alpha and later versions should still be working. Older saves are no longer supported.

!!!!! This is a new full version !!!!!
Please download the full 0.1.9.0 beta from these links (they are also on the main page):
Windows/Linux version:

OR

Mac version:

OR

Android version:
Since I can't relese bug fixes (or any partial updates) for Android, the first (and only) Android version for 0.1.9.x will be 0.1.9.1.
It will be released in a couple of days. Thank you for your understanding.

Please extract the files into a new folder! Do not overwrite the exising game folder from an older version!

TO ALL PRE BETA TESTERS:
Thank you for your help and time invested! Much appreciated!

You can use your pre peta 0.1.9 save games, but you have to open the console and update Amy's achievements manually:
amy.create_appointments_available()
amy.create_scenes_available()
amy.create_events_available()
amy.add_event_seen("Nightbar_arm_wrestling")
amy.add_event_seen("Nightbar_arm_wrestling_win")
amy.add_scene_seen("Nightbar_arm_wrestling_sex")
The first three are mandatory.
The last three depend on your game progress if you have to do them or not.

Happy playing!
Darkhound

Samga

Apr 4, 2017
Soooo....how do you start the massage quest with Renée? Something tells me id have to chore through Amy first? I didnt even invite her to the island

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I am always amazed at how compact the download for HI is, given the amount of content, compared to a lot of other games that are multi-GB.
Partial/selective image blurring and denoising combined with webp data format. It's a lot of work, because it means I have to postwork every single image. I leve the character as is and only denoise/blur the background. But it makes the difference between a 300KB image and a 170KB image with same webp quality setting and no visible quality loss.
Most of the new images are in 2560x1440 inside the game and are downscaled depending on your selected game resolution.
There is still some stuff in png format and jpg, but I convert more images with every update.
0.1.9 was a big step forward in that. That's also the reason file size was reduced almost 150 MB compared to 0.1.8 although we have more than 700 new and improved (double resolution) images.

4.00 star(s) 210 Votes