Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
You can reset the randomizer by opening your phone or changing locations. So, when Eva is in the gym, then save. Go to the beach and back to the gym, try to shower. If you see the sign or the shower is empty, rollback, repeat until you see Eva in there with no sign on the door.
Once you've seen her shower once, you can try to win the bet. She will cheat, and you'll lose, but if you get to where she grabs your cock, you win, too. Do the same thing as above, but take enough purple pills to lower your lust to below 25.

Reactions: yankeeInKy

Deadshot1984

Mar 20, 2020
In the current version the missions on Miriam and Mercedes are not complete? Just when I had been enthusiastic about the wrestling that Merecedes had offered :(

I really would love to see her 100% muscular and flexed. Not only on the arms, but on the abs, back and legs. Full flexed for a sex scene.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
In the current version the missions on Miriam and Mercedes are not complete? Just when I had been enthusiastic about the wrestling that Merecedes had offered :(

I really would love to see her 100% muscular and flexed. Not only on the arms, but on the abs, back and legs. Full flexed for a sex scene.
Mercedes flex her muscles if she loses at poker, she also poses for you in her room (with one flexed abs pose).

Reactions: junior366

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
We tend to blame Darkhound for that!

There is not a day were we do not say "if only Joy had created it, then it would have been a great game" buuuut she has a thing for Darkhound ... so we here we are, having to settle for a good game instead.

:D

(or we are settling for the best game)

Last edited:

BDMick

Nov 26, 2017
I have encountered a weird bug (see attached image) in various situations where I already had the maximum possible amount of 500 company favors and earned some extra favors. Then, sometimes, the message shows up that some amount of favor was *subtracted* and the new balance is 500. The last time this happened was when I won the guess-who-game and earned 10 favors.

Clipboard01.jpg

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
I have encountered a weird bug (see attached image) in various situations where I already had the maximum possible amount of 500 company favors and earned some extra favors. Then, sometimes, the message shows up that some amount of favor was *subtracted* and the new balance is 500. The last time this happened was when I won the guess-who-game and earned 10 favors.

View attachment 647600
What you are experiencing is a source of favor which is not checking the maximum (function call). So it allows you to bypass the maximum value.

Then another source, which is checking the maximum, finds you are above and enforces the maximum.

Two options,
  • The first source should check the maximum
    • Reason : You should not be allowed to cross the maximum, it is unintended that you can (bug)
  • The first source should not check the maximum
    • Reason : It is in some situations possible to temporarily be above it (intended design)
Only Darkhound would know which one is applicable.

That said the implementation for correction is sound, it nukes excess favor and is a surprise for those using cheats
So that part works entirely as it should.

Last edited:

Deadshot1984

Mar 20, 2020
Also, remember that Miriam indicated that she goes to the gym at night when everyone is asleep, where she gets more muscular than ever.
I would still like to see more scenes with Ivy, she has very few compared to the other characters. Maybe a fitness contest with Amy and the twins will be amazing.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
What you are experiencing is a source of favor which is not checking the maximum (function call). So it allows you to bypass the maximum value.

Then another source, which is checking the maximum, finds you are above and enforces the maximum.

Two options,
  • The first source should check the maximum
    • Reason : You should not be allowed to cross the maximum, it is unintended that you can (bug)
  • The first source should not check the maximum
    • Reason : It is in some situations possible to temporarily be above it (intended design)
Only Darkhound would know which one is applicable.

That said the implementation for correction is sound, it nukes excess favor and is a surprise for those using cheats
So that part works entirely as it should.
It's from the weekly changes. There was no check on the cap of 500. I have added this now.
So as long as you you don't cheat, it should no longer happen after 0.2.1.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.2.1 beta - development news (updated 07. May 2020)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.2.1 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.​
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.2.0.0 release.​
The next release is 0.2.1.0 beta which will be a full update for Windows, Mac and Android.
It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.0.0 to 0.2.1.0 has:
397 additional renders, videos or sound files
updated renders (Yumiko poker, Heather poker, Desire sexting)

New features and content
  • Desire will get the "heat" scene after the hotshots game --> still working on it
  • The game intro scene with Joy will be greatly improved. You will get preview images for all the girls and some personal information as well. In addition, for every choice (like breast size, etc.) the matching girls will be displayed --> still working on it
  • The main screen gets a really cool new intro video (made by a good friend) --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Faye will get a beach pose scene in the evening when the sun sets with three achievements --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets an "apology event" for the way she treated the MC during the second arrival scene --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets a second arrival scene with two achievements --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Yvette and Faye get a scene at the pool wearing the same bikini model --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets a "Desires and Wishes" quest to obtain the "sexy nurse" outfit --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets a second poker reward scene --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets a poker reward scene --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • The "companion mod for Holiday island": gets a bigger update and will be available on my Patreon page together with 0.2.1 as a separate download --> will be available with 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets the nightbar drink scene at the (standing at the bar) in the new outfit (two achievements) --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets a new "sexy nurse" outfit for the evening (basic renders) --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Yumiko gets a poker reward scene --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Desire will get the hotshots game scene in the nightbar --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Yumiko gets an improved poker appointment with new renders and text --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Eva will get the "heat" scene after the hotshots game --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Eva will get the hotshots game scene in the nightbar --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Yvette gets a package of scenes in the sauna (4 achievements) with several animations --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Mercedes gets a short scene in front of the sauna --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Yumiko can participate in the Wet-T contest now --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Mercedes can participate in the Wet-T contest now --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • The sauna will be available as a regular location you can go to --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets an improved poker appointment with new renders and text --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
Minor improvements and changes
  • The player gets an additional "perk" pick now. In addition to the old primary pick (strength, endurance, etc.), there is now a secondary pick as well, that will give half the bonus of the primary pick (this should make the game start easier) --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Eva gets three new sexting images (context related) and all her old sexting images will be upgraded to double resolution webp format --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Possibility to display an image on the phone during a scene/even has been added --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Possibility to receive message and display them during a scene/even has been added --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Heather gets a context related sexting image and a new dream image --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • After day 15 if you have at least 5 blue pills, you can exchange them against a pill of one of the other colors --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Hovering the mouse over Jennifer at the gym or the bartender in the night bar will show their stats now --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Brenda's photo studio appointment is repeatable now --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Desire's sexting images have been upgraded to 2560x1440 webp format and 4 new ones have been added --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Image quality of "wall images" in new player room has been greatly improved --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • Hotshots now supports images in 2560x1440 size in addition to the old 1920x1080 image size --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
  • You will have twice the number of save game slots now. A scroll bar has been added to each "save page" --> will be part of 0.2.1.0
Bug fixes
  • Weight change event with Faye lead to a crash when Faye was not on the island --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • In the morning between 9 am and 10 am, the receptionist or room service girl was also at the beach --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • The new posing interface had some image sizing and text order inconsistencies --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • On some systems there are code conversion error with Renée during the update phase --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • If you missed an appointment from Joy's "Desires and Wishes" mailbox quest line, she will not send a new one and you can't get another one at reception --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • The weight lifting/bench presses workout did not increase the workout per week counter for some girls --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • If you missed the appointment to stay the night with Amy, she did not send a new one --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0
  • Amy max love/affection quest line. There was a bug that could lead to a wrong quest sequence. You could do the arm wrestling before the massage, screwing up the quest line --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.0

Is the update going to break save games?

0.2.1.0 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.

Estimated release dates:

0.2.1.0 beta --> no idea yet

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
To spread the info a little.

The development news is grouped nowadays.
Which means all development info for all versions is under the same link.

If visiting the link maybe also a good time to sign up as a patreon for those who are not?
Lot to like and support, good and up to date info, lots of teasers and more, I know of nowhere else with such a level of fan service.

1588881389765.png

And of course Bantry makes a nice and color coded version here for the forum readers.

Last edited:

diddlys

Apr 6, 2018
View attachment 639912

Amy playing billiards (0.2.x preview)

Hello everyone!​
Since it has been some time that I posted a public image, here is Amy for you.​
The scene probably won't make it into 0.2.1, since there is still so much to do and I don't want to delay the release much longer.​
In case you were wondering, the billiard table is up the stairs in the night bar near the green room.​
I hope you like the preview.​

darkhound1
as this table is a Snooker-table the Balls have to be much smaller...sorry for my bad english,
regards

clowndarko0o

Aug 16, 2017
From the Island Location info, there should be a yoga session during Monday and Thursday Morning at the beach?
But it seems never trigger when i'm at the beach.
Any advice?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
From the Island Location info, there should be a yoga session during Monday and Thursday Morning at the beach?
But it seems never trigger when i'm at the beach.
Any advice?
Doesn't happen when you're at the beach. You can see the session from the balcony of your new room, providing you have the hi-tech binoculars. If you haven't completed all the quests to open the new player's room or purchased the hi-tech binoculars you won't be able to go bird watching Monday and/or Thursday morning.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Doesn't happen when you're at the beach. You can see the session from the balcony of your new room, providing you have the hi-tech binoculars. If you haven't completed all the quests to open the new player's room or purchased the hi-tech binoculars you won't be able to go bird watching Monday and/or Thursday morning.
It works with the normal binoculars as well, but a little blury and with less zoom possibility.
You won't get the achievement if you do not have the h-tech binoculars, but you can still see the scene.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
I didn't even notice it was a snooker table.
Is that so there's more room for the girls to pose on it?
Outside of Britain, is snooker that common?
All I ever see in the U.S. are pool tables.
Long ago, people had bumper pool tables in their homes, but that seems to have been replaced with foosball (neither one of these would be good to pose on).

Reactions: imzahai
4.10 star(s) 213 Votes