• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.2.2 beta - development news (updated 31. May 2020)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.2.2 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.​
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.2.1.0 release.​
The next release is 0.2.1.2 beta which will be an incremental update for Windows and Mac.
It will include some new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.1.0 to 0.2.1.2 has:
93 additional renders, videos or sound files
updated renders (Yvette arrival)

New features and content
  • Faye gets a pool distraction event --> still working on it
  • Eva gets the workout yoga scene --> is part of 0.2.1.1
  • Jessica gets a shower event in her room, leaving the door open --> is part of 0.2.1.1
  • Yvette gets a short event which starts in the hallway and ends at the MC's door --> is part of 0.2.1.1
  • A new app to manage the dream images has been added. You can activate and deactivate the dream images for each girl --> is part of 0.2.1.1
  • Eva gets an improved and longer arrival scene with two achievements and a new dream image --> is part of 0.2.1.1
Minor improvements and changes
  • Jennifer's workout instructions images for pecs training will be redone in 2560x1440 webp format --> still working on it
  • The spa area will be open until 20:00 now (was 19:00). Also the probability that girls use the sauna has been increased --> will be part of 0.2.1.2
  • The guess who minigame gets 5 additional pictures to guess --> is part of 0.2.1.1
  • The game will count weekly and total masturbations per girl now. A new trophy to display the data has been added as well --> is part of 0.2.1.1
  • Jennifer gets a new dream image when you let her help you with weight lifting --> is part of 0.2.1.1
  • Jennifer gets a new phone image when she explains the pecs training --> is part of 0.2.1.1
  • Yvette gets a new dream image when you look at her chest during the arrival scene --> is part of 0.2.1.1
  • All images in Yvette's arrival scene have been redone in double resolution webp format. Also the dialogue has been improved. --> is part of 0.2.1.1
Bug fixes
  • Eva's arrival scene repeats over and over again when you walk to your from your room --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.2
  • Jessica's shower event does not end when she catches you spying on her, instead it continues --> will be fixed with 0.2.1.2
  • The guess who minigame gets two fixes. Black image corrected and initialization corrected. You could not get all images until you loaded an older save and run it through the save patcher --> is fixed with 0.2.1.1
  • If you try to visit the sauna, but Yvette has never been on the island at that time, you get a crash --> is fixed with 0.2.1.1
  • One of the pictures in the "guess who" minigame app is not shown --> is fixed with 0.2.1.1
  • The scene with Heather in the MC's room after her second arrival scene does repeats up to 20 times --> is fixed with 0.2.1.1
  • Scrolling through images for your player room can lead to a crash:
    Exception: Expected an image, but got a general displayable.
    The same can happen if you add a new image to your player room picture frames --> is fixed with 0.2.1.1
  • In Heather's first arrival scene, the second image is not displayed. Instead you see a blank screen --> is fixed with 0.2.1.1
  • When you send a girl away, she loses 40% of her love, instead of 20% affection and 20% love --> is fixed with 0.2.1.1
  • In the intro, the number of available scenes for each character was one too low --> is fixed with 0.2.1.1

Is the update going to break save games?

0.2.1.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.2.1.2 beta --> same as for 0.2.1.1​

Estimated release dates:

0.2.1.1 beta --> available since 30. of May 2020 from here:
0.2.1.2 beta --> no idea yet

biddip

Sep 21, 2017
hii
i made a bi mistake, by changing (I think) the resolution of the game.
now the game starts normally but once i click on preferance or new game or smth like that the window gets a bit bigger, black and freezes. Cant do anything
also tried the resolution fix from the guide but doesnt work :/

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I'm not sure how to fix it, but I can tell you why you are getting pushback from some players even though you've made it so a box can be checked.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I won't spend hours in trying to find a fix for something that doesn't need one, just so that some are happy that they have done all achievements in one playthrough. Certainly not crazy things like player leaving the island and coming back, just to be able to get the achievement.
The use of persistent data solves the main problem of not being able to see the scene in your current playthrough. I could count the stuff you got through persistent data too, but that would lead to other problems. There could be scenes that you might still get within your current playthrough (but haven't yet). If you have seen them already in another playthrough, they would still count as "done".
This is something that cannot be done in a way that makes everyone happy, so you will just have to life with it.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I haven't finished replaying the game from the start, so I can neither confirm or deny how the achievement count will finish.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
hii
i made a bi mistake, by changing (I think) the resolution of the game.
now the game starts normally but once i click on preferance or new game or smth like that the window gets a bit bigger, black and freezes. Cant do anything
also tried the resolution fix from the guide but doesnt work :/
The resolution fix has always worked in the past. Is it possible you named the text file you created wrong? Sometimes, if you do not have your file extensions visible, you might end up with a file with a double txt extension. Without a Traceback I'm just guessing.

shinomond

Nov 21, 2017
I won't spend hours in trying to find a fix for something that doesn't need one, just so that some are happy that they have done all achievements in one playthrough. Certainly not crazy things like player leaving the island and coming back, just to be able to get the achievement.
The use of persistent data solves the main problem of not being able to see the scene in your current playthrough. I could count the stuff you got through persistent data too, but that would lead to other problems. There could be scenes that you might still get within your current playthrough (but haven't yet). If you have seen them already in another playthrough, they would still count as "done".
This is something that cannot be done in a way that makes everyone happy, so you will just have to life with it.
Maybe combine it into a seperate it into another section like intro memories. Taking Joy and whichever plane girl you get show there. This would be a 1 of 1 unlock even though it may have multiple options in the future. Mainly, I just know this will never die until it is solved and have seen lesser shit cause devs to just quit all together when the nagging never stopped.

Last edited:

zapallbugs

Engaged Member
Jul 10, 2018
Hi Darkhound, I would like to report that it is possbile in 211 to get Faye's low-love sunset event by natural means. I takes some work (a lot actually), but it is possbile without any cheating.

norb82

Sep 19, 2018
This thread is almost 850 pages of posts since Holiday island was first released. Conservatively I would say 300+ pages are filled with the same question(s). In my opinion, that eliminates your reasoning that ignoring said posts will nudge the poster(s) to searching for themselves. Face it, people are lazy and refuse to use the available tools, such as Guides, FAQ's, 'Search', etc. when they play the game. Pick almost any game on F95Zone and the biggest complaint in that game's thread will be people continuing to ask the same questions over and over again.

Worse is that often an answer is followed by a complaint that their questioned wasn't answered fast enough or completely enough. You don't see 'no harm in asking'? I suggest you spend a day helping others to play the game and try and answer all the questions. If you still feel the same way, I'll gladly tip my hat to you. Then, instead of ranting that the search function be used, I'll direct them to message you directly.

View attachment 676336

This game is absolutely ok.

But I was really pissed before with some storyline games...... There are three absolutely similar answers, and you have to choose the correct one at about 10 questions, so most gameplays end up like actually nothing happens with the girl.... :D

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Your solution is good (perma scenes).
AFAIC, I don't care about the counters (this one at least). What matter (to me) is having all pictures scenes unlocked, no black placeholders.
OCD peeps (I am one of them) raised a concern, you answered it, end of story.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
There is always a bone of contention when people ask questions... and in my opinion it is so easily solved, but some people that rant on about it need to see it "sometimes" from the other searchers perspective.

1, If a thread is IMHO over 100 pages and has a lot of changes / content, it really can take ages finding exactly what you are after, I personally see no harm in asking.

2, If a person doesnt want to help a person find something, dont reply to it. Simply ranting on to the user to use the search doesnt help you look any smarter I can assure you. This goes both ways as well, if a person is asking for something truely obvious, leave them alone for a while and they soon will try and find it themselves. Ranting to get people to use the search just agrivates everyone.
Fair but :
1 : "they" just don't even bother to run a search. If you're not a burden step 1 is search yourself, step 2 is asking, ie : extract your fingers from your butt hole, it does wonder.

2 : like #1 and there is a guide in the first post and maybe, just maybe, answering someone to use search will "educate" him/her.

Edit : and sometimes, the dumb is too high and overcome one zenitude. They are questions that even a legion of Jean-Luc Picard could not face palm :) ( to be fair, there is barely such kind of dumb in this thread).

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 210 Votes