aaa90

May 4, 2017
This game is great. Literally the only complaint I have is that I've been waiting years for some good Lacey content. Here's hoping that she gets some love soon.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.2.3 beta - development news (updated 04. October 2020)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.2.3 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.​
There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.2.2.0 release.​
The next release is 0.2.3 beta which will be a new full update for Windows, Linux and Mac. It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.2.0 to 0.2.3 has:
455 additional renders, videos or sound files
updated renders

New features and content
  • A new location, the underground lab and infirmary will be introduced with two new special characters --> will be postponed to version 0.3.0
  • A new scene when the MC jogs at the beach and hurts himself will be added. It's a scene with Miriam that leads to the discovery of the underground lab --> will be postponed to version 0.3.0
  • Brenda gets an appointment in the new player room --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Jessica gets an extended pole dance scene in the new player room with two achievements --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Mercedes gets an event where she works out at night as part of her quest line. This one is huge, with 5 animations and 2 achievements --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Alice gets a new beach pose scene that is kind of a follow up on the binocular event at the beach --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Alice's event where she jogs at the beach gets an update. The event has been completely remade with new webp images, text, flow logic and real use of binoculars --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Brenda gets her pool pose scene with 2 achievements --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Brenda gets an extended pool sunbed scene --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Heather gets an extended event with 3 achievements where she visit your room asking for sun lotion --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Renée gets an extended pool play scene with 3 achievements --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Mercedes will be overlooking the pool during the day and you can talk and interact with her (a long scene with 3 achievements) --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Yvette gets an additional arrival scene when she has been the plane girl --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Yvette can be the plane girl and she gets an extended scene on the plane --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • An intro quest line with 19 steps has been added, that will trigger when you arrive on the island. It will teach new players some of the game mechanics --> will be part of 0.2.3
Minor improvements and changes
  • Additional music has been added --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Some achievements have been changed to multi image format --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • A lot of language corrections have been done. Typos, grammar, structure of sentences --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Textbox transparency has been changed to textbox opacity and logic has been inversed. The new variable is now stored as persistent data --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • A new gift for the girls (rose smell perfume) has been added --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Alice's beach walk and her old beach pose images have been upgraded to 2560x1440 webp format --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Alice's and Jessica's denim photo shootings have been made repeatable. Visit them in their rooms and ask to meet with them --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • The way the achievements previews and the "guess who" previews are displayed has been changed to improve performance --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • Joy gets three new sexting images and all her existing ones get updated to webp format --> still working on it
  • The probability for short events in the player room have been lowered. The more often you have seen them, the lower the probability to get them again --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • In case you miss an appointment, the girl you stood up will get angry and send you a text. Next time you talk with her, she will also complain about it --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • The save and load slots will get numbers on them for easier navigation --> will be part of 0.2.3
  • The initial girl selection process has been newly coded from scratch. This includes the selection of the plane girl and the initial island population. As a result, this should make the general experience of the first couple of in game days much better. Especially if you mainly selected low tier girls. --> will be part of 0.2.3
Bug fixes
  • A minor bug that showed the reception job also for the special girls has been corrected. Now their real jobs are shown instead --> will be fixed with 0.2.3
  • When you have no sun lotion, Faye's sun lotion scene at the pool will crash with: 'cl_character' object has no attribute 'swimwear' --> will be fixed with 0.2.3

Is the update going to break save games?

0.2.2.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.2.3 beta --> same as for 0.2.2.1​

Estimated release dates:

0.2.3 beta --> preparing pre beta testing right now,
general release planned for 8th of October

9phil9

Jun 28, 2018
This cannot be helped, sorry, plus I actually found it rather fun that it is not just a saying but an actual event :)

"How often is a blue moon?"

"How often does a blue moon happen? Normally blue moons come only about every two or three years. In 2018 unusually, we had two blue moons in one year and only two months apart – and one was a lunar eclipse! The next time we will get two blue moons in a year will be 2037"

(since we must have one now, we'll see you in a year or two :D)
A blue moon is the second full moon within a calendar month.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
A blue moon is the second full moon within a calendar month.
Excerpt from an article I found online:

The older meaning defines a Blue Moon as the third full moon in a season that has four full moons. Called a , this occurs about every 2.5 years, according to NASA. More recently, the term Blue Moon has been applied to the second full moon within a single calendar month. There are roughly 29.5 days between full moons, making it unusual for two full moons to fit into a 30- or 31-day-long month. (This means that February will never have a Blue Moon.)

Which one is correct? Well, since language and the meaning of words constantly evolve — take your pick. Both are commonly used today and either definition is considered valid. As Texas astronomer Donald W. Olson wrote in a 2006 column for Sky & Telescope magazine, "With two decades of popular usage behind it, the second-full-moon-in-a-month (mis)interpretation is like a genie that can't be forced back into its bottle. But that's not necessarily a bad thing."

Last edited:
Reactions: DuckSwim and Bantry

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
How do you get all 5 of the "context related" sexts from Yvette? I've done everything that is tracked (75/75 achievements) but I still have only three of those active... one is Yvette wearing Yumiko's bartender uniform and two are holiday pictures of her and Lynn.

What are the final two and how do you get them?

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
How do you get all 5 of the "context related" sexts from Yvette? I've done everything that is tracked (75/75 achievements) but I still have only three of those active... one is Yvette wearing Yumiko's bartender uniform and two are holiday pictures of her and Lynn.

What are the final two and how do you get them?
I don't remember how to get them but you miss at least one in her blue nightgown, so try visiting her at night until she wears it or try to trigger her night visit, she also wear her blue lingerie.
Note that I can be totally wrong and she will send them randomly.

9phil9

Jun 28, 2018
I would say just install the Companion Mod
It was built in conjunction with Darkhound, the creator, and now is fully made by him now.
No need to remember cheat text, very simple to use.

Also less likely to mess your game/save files.

;)
Tried this and can't figure out how to use it once it's installed. Is there some new button or hidden switch?

4.00 star(s) 210 Votes