Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.3.0 beta - development news (updated 25th October 2020)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.3.0 beta).​
The change log below is based on the beta 0.2.3.0 release.
There will be another bug fix soon (0.2.3.2). For details see below change log.
The next main release is 0.3.0 beta which will be a new full update for Windows, Linux and Mac. It will include a lot of new features and some bug fixes as well.
As of right now, the update from 0.2.3.0 to 0.3.0 has:
98 additional renders, videos or sound files
32 updated renders

New features and content
  • A new location, the underground lab and infirmary will be introduced with two new special characters --> still working on it
  • A new scene when the MC jogs at the beach and hurts himself will be added. It's a scene with Miriam that leads to the discovery of the underground lab --> still working on it
  • Yvette gets a new scene when she's standing in her door wearing just a towel --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Alice gets and additional strength training appointment that is repeatable --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Alice's event where she's struggling with the weights at the gym has been completely remade. There is also an achievement now --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Alice will get an update for her strength training appointments. All images will be re-rendered in 2560x1440 webp format --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
Minor improvements and changes
  • The phone gets a new character overview screen with more information and direct (1 click) access to all girl related data and achievements --> will be part of 0.3.0.0
  • Two of Deliza's strength training appointments got the replay icon now. The third (and most interesting) one has been made repeatable in game --> is part of 0.2.3.2
  • Amy's hot private yoga workout has been made repeatable --> is part of 0.2.3.2
  • Jennifer's night bar whiskey appointment has been made repeatable --> is part of 0.2.3.2
  • The date with Amy where you provide her with a sperm sample has been made repeatable --> is part of 0.2.3.2
  • The date with Amy where she invites you to stay the night has been made repeatable --> is part of 0.2.3.2
  • Requirements on the achievements (like hearts, etc.) will also be shown when the achievement has already been done. This makes more sense, since almost everything is repeatable --> is part of 0.2.3.2
Bug fixes
  • When the doctor is talking, sometimes a wrong name is displayed --> will be fixed with 0.3.0.0
  • When you stayed awake until after 02:00, messages for missed appointment were still wrongfully send --> fixed with 0.2.3.2
  • attributeError: 'cl_message' object has no attribute 'image' during the save game update phase --> fixed with 0.2.3.2
  • Alice lost the achievements for the for the photo studio appointments --> fixed with 0.2.3.2
  • KeyError: u'what2' during Jessica's denim photo shooting --> fixed with 0.2.3.2

Is the update going to break save games?
0.2.3.2 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.3.0.0 beta --> same as for 0.2.3.2​

Estimated release dates:

0.2.3.2 beta --> available since 11th of october from the main page, or the links in this post:
0.3.0.0 beta --> no idea yet

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
i dont get it when i download the 0.2.3.2 beta it says there is a trojan in it
Where are you downloading it from? Which version, PC, MAC or Android? You did download 0.2.3.0 and install it first as instructed right?

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
im using pc and yes i have installed the 0.2.3.0 version
Don't know where you downloaded the updated from, but if your concerned about trojans, viruses, etc. Try downloading directly from the developer's Patreon page.

Zimbim

Oct 5, 2018
That's new I think. Never saw this error before and since you are running the latest version of the game, I have no idea.

Edit : there was an Eva arrival error in a previous version which has been fixed since.
I don't know how you updated you game but maybe try a fresh install (your saves will be available, no worry).
Tried a fresh install but i'm still getting the same errors...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If anyone knows how to fix this please help. It happens right after Eva arrival event.

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Here it is
Not sure, but you may have made a mistake when you installed ver0.2.3.0 and then upgraded to ver.0.2.3.2 as that bug was already reported and fixed. If you feel you have installed everything correctly, go to this page on the developer's Patreon and download the posted fix.

Capture.JPG

Make sure you have a copy of the 'saves' folder saved separately in case you need to do another clean install.

Reactions: junior366

AlecVentrue

Jun 7, 2020
I´d love to see, when the Game is near End, that the Player could choose one Girl for a Relation, so they r together for ever. :D
Would be awesome
Thx

RickmanJames

Apr 20, 2019
Can somebody from this forum help me with faye sunset beach walk. I tryed everything so far but nothing helped.
I would very much apriciate it.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Can somebody from this forum help me with faye sunset beach walk. I tryed everything so far but nothing helped.
I would very much apriciate it.
Does everything including reading page 99 of the Companion Guide?

4.00 star(s) 215 Votes