9phil9

Jun 28, 2018
Okay for starters you have a separate 'save' folder on your C: Drive within the Users folder. The path looks something like this.-
View attachment 856990

I blacked out my name so as not to confuse you. Expect to see your name there. The numbers after the island may be different also. That folder (in this case, island-1499865023) contains all your saves, same as the 'saves' folder underneath the game folder of your installation of Holiday Island. Now here's where it gets a little tricky. The game initially reads the save files within the island-xxxxxxxxx folder as shown above, NOT the save files within the 'saves' folder under the game folder. Why? I don't know, it is what it is.

So try this. Go to the island-xxxxxxxxxx folder under the renpy folder as indicated in the pic above. 'Cut' that folder, not delete, and then paste it somewhere else like your desktop, a thumb drive, etc. Doesn't matter, we just want it gone from underneath the 'renpy' folder indicated above. Now start your new install of Holiday Island and try and load one of your saves. The game will only be able to find a save within the saves folder underneath the game folder as we have removed the island-xxxxxxxxx underneath the 'renpy' folder indicated above. Don't worry, once it loads the save from the 'saves' folder, it will create a new island-xxxxxxxx folder underneath the renpy folder like before. That may solve the issue as your save files within your current island-xxxxxxxx folder may be corrupt. If that doesn't work, I am out of ideas.
I'd like to express my thanks for fixing my game. Deleting the hidden saves allows the frames feature to work.
You're solution is great and quite easy to follow.

Reactions: Bantry

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I'd like to express my thanks for fixing my game. Deleting the hidden saves allows the frames feature to work.
You're solution is great and quite easy to follow.
Glad it worked for you. Now, you can delete the file you 'cut' and saved somewhere else. Especially since it was proven to be corrupt.

Monsieur X

Engaged Member
May 26, 2018
Come'on, She Hulk is nice but Lara Croft guys, one of the Goddess of the Video Games Pantheon....and Alice fills her up nicely.
I still have have a calus on my right hand nick named Lara because of over appreciation (figuratively speaking).

• Haha
Reactions: norb82 and Bantry

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018

On an Island somewhere in the Pacific...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(***disclaimer***)
( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual images or story from the game )
(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental

Last edited:

Not Data

Aug 23, 2020
I'll take Amy on this one. I like seeing costumes not seen in the regular game.

My next musings will take place after this Halloween contest ends and the girls attend All Saints Day Mass on 11/1.

Reactions: Bantry
4.00 star(s) 215 Votes