ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017

On an island somewhere in the Pacific...

Afterparty at Zen's

(***disclaimer***)
( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual story from the game )
(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental)​

Last edited:

Xaltan85

Aug 7, 2020
I like the game idea, the renders are ok but animations are bad and pretty much you have to do the same thing with every girl. The developer have something and probably can make 2 or 3 times the revenue with better animations and making less of a chore the “see the same scene but with every girl”.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
Xaltan85
Thanks for your opinion. It sounds like you really did a deep dive to come up with it. I guess the game isn't for you.

Of course, there are a lot of people like me on this thread, who've played through the game numerous times. Others on this thread have made fan art and fan fiction. Others have made aids to noobs so they can discover difficult to find parts of the game. We really like the game. We like interacting with the developer to make suggestions to hopefully make the game even better.

Don't worry, though; I don't think any of the rest of us on this thread will be affected by your opinion in any way.
Thanks for not having an unexpressed thought.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
I like the game idea, the renders are ok but animations are bad and pretty much you have to do the same thing with every girl. The developer have something and probably can make 2 or 3 times the revenue with better animations and making less of a chore the “see the same scene but with every girl”.
Your first mistake is assuming the developer created the game as a means of revenue. Fortunately for you, F95Zone is loaded with other games for you to play. Hope you find one you like.

rooney10

Apr 29, 2018
WOW, a noob stumbles his way into a 4-year old, 1100-plus page game thread w/a rabid fan following, including a handful of salty OGs, and drops a savage game critique like Bambi on Ice?!?! I have to say thanks bro. That was my best belly laugh of the day...maybe the week...hell maybe the month! :ROFLMAO:

Maybe get to know the room next time bro before slagging off a legend like darkhound1?

Jul 7, 2019
I personally love the game but it does have the most passive aggressive/condescending following of any game I've seen on this site so don't expect your comment to be received with any sort of grace and/or humility

DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
Never in the history of adult games focused (or in this case PARTIALLY focused) on well-endowed women of pliable moral character, has a single image served as such a powerful foundation to launch another legendary game DuckSwim!

Signed, Your New Biggest Fan :love:
I think I need to make a Duckswim folder for my computer, because every time you post a picture on here, I swear I am downloading it to use as wallpaper later!
Thanks both, though in all honesty, I mostly just get lucky with renders from time to time.
The whole making something at will and doing games is the domain of Darkhound.

I mostly chip in with some minor things and a little fan art here and there as my limited time permits.
Oh and whisper "big boobs" in his ear, I do that too ;)

Last edited:

yankeeInKy

Mar 1, 2020
Thanks both, though in all honesty, I mostly just get lucky with renders from time to time.

I mostly chip in with some minor things and a little fan art here and there as my limited time permits.
Also gives advise followed by Ducky humor to up and coming renderers like myself.

Last edited:

apple8000

Oct 9, 2017
I personally love the game but it does have the most passive aggressive/condescending following of any game I've seen on this site so don't expect your comment to be received with any sort of grace and/or humility
I pErSoNaLlY lOvE tHe GaMe BuT iT dOeS hAvE tHe MoSt PaSsIvE aGgRe gosh this is taking a while you get the idea

this is a fucky game about gigantic booba not the agora in athens

Reactions: Aereon1104

junior366

Jun 20, 2017

Hey, "big boobs" are two of my favorite things in the world, so as long as you do that, you are doing your job!

Ascetic

Apr 5, 2018
I know I will risk an avalanche of hateful remarks with the following comments, but here goes nothing.
1) I do feel too that there is quite a bit of passive/aggressive attitude around the thread amongst the most dedicated fans of the game;
2) Is it even half as bad as some of the most popular games' followings of f95zone? No, not even close, but it is a thing, and it doesn't get better just by comparison with the crazy, almost cult-like shit happening nearby;
3) Do a lot of new players come here with an astounding lack of knowledge about forums' etiquette and, more in general, basic polite human interactions? Oh hell yeah, but I still think that we would all benefit by being a lil' bit more gracious about it, even when facing the trolliest of trolls (and by the way, I don't think that Xaltan85 was being INCREDIBLY rude with his comments);
4) A little extra tangent, mostly inspired by apple8000 agora comment (not hatin', man, I promise :) ): sure, for a lot of people the games found on this site are nothing more than an excuse for a good wank, and yet the work and effort put into them by a lot of talented creators is undeniable. Is it art? I have no idea, but when done right it's still obviously a work of creativity, and as such we're all free to offer critique (without being assholes about it, if possible), even when the product is meant to be free for all (never enough kudos to you for that, darkhound1 (y) ).

Enough ranting, time to come at me, guys! :censored:

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
I know I will risk an avalanche of hateful remarks with the following comments, but here goes nothing.
1) I do feel too that there is quite a bit of passive/aggressive attitude around the thread amongst the most dedicated fans of the game;
2) Is it even half as bad as some of the most popular games' followings of f95zone? No, not even close, but it is a thing, and it doesn't get better just by comparison with the crazy, almost cult-like shit happening nearby;
3) Do a lot of new players come here with an astounding lack of knowledge about forums' etiquette and, more in general, basic polite human interactions? Oh hell yeah, but I still think that we would all benefit by being a lil' bit more gracious about it, even when facing the trolliest of trolls (and by the way, I don't think that Xaltan85 was being INCREDIBLY rude with his comments);
4) A little extra tangent, mostly inspired by apple8000 agora comment (not hatin', man, I promise :) ): sure, for a lot of people the games found on this site are nothing more than an excuse for a good wank, and yet the work and effort put into them by a lot of talented creators is undeniable. Is it art? I have no idea, but when done right it's still obviously a work of creativity, and as such we're all free to offer critique (without being assholes about it, if possible), even when the product is meant to be free for all (never enough kudos to you for that, darkhound1 (y) ).

1) Well, yeah, but unfortunately a "don't feed the trolls" attitude which we had for a while just seemed to invite more trolldom. We do, however, 90% of the time point to the search bar or the guide rather than full-on P/A nastiness (have you read the Dual Family thread in the past couple weeks?).
But make no mistake - ask a question about the game where I can count the posts, within one page, between the question and when it was answered last (e.g., release date a couple posts ago), and that's gonna get some mini-snark...

2) Thank you.

3) True, but see #1. Maybe we'll try again, but once 0.3.0.0 comes out, watch how fast the same question is asked thrice on the same page. After that, no guarantees.

4) Point taken, but play the game a little longer and see how much the animations improve and the original criticism is a little unwarranted because it is not accurate to how darkhound1 has developed as a.. developer, and animation artist (see his Deviant Art page and see even more).

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017

No bashing or hateful remarks as the majority of your post is accurate. I do have a small twitch in my eye when I read -
we're all free to offer critique, but only because the discussion is not the place for critiques IMO. At the top of the page you may notice two separate areas ...
Capture.JPG
Again, in my opinion, critiques should be posted under REVIEWS, not within DISCUSSION What's the difference you might ask? Far easier to scan through 100 some reviews, than 1,000+ pages of discussion to learn about the game and decide if is one you want to download and play. Reading the reviews first would also hopefully reduce the number of repeat questions such as, 'Any Sex in This Game?' 'Why do all the Girls Have Big Boobs?' and so on.

In an attempt to eliminate the same questions being asked over and over, Puppet Master spent countless hours writing and updating his FAQ. When one of the major complaints was that it was hard to find anything in all the text, The Companion Guide was written. To this day both are still ignored along with the game's built in hints. Check my avatar as after the eleventy-billionth time, I tend to become a big curmudgeon and yell at kids to get off my lawn. The most frustrating part, in my opinion of course, is trying to figure out why someone asks a question repeatedly, when the answer is a few post above on the same page or available in the Guide, FAQ, and so on. Worse, they complain when they don't get an answer quickly enough to suit them.

So yes, I think your post is accurate and worthy of discussion, but I also wonder what your opinion and posts will be like another 2 years from now. Of course you'll need to increase your presence and number of answers and tips/hints etc. given to daily as opposed to just every now and then.

Last edited:

Ramirez™

Aug 29, 2016

A lot of questions that are asked can be found in the guide on page one.
Another thing is that lots of people don't seem to read at least 1 page back before asking questions.
Example:
Between
Thursday at 10:00 AM and Thursday at 10:31 PM the new release date has been mentioned 6 times.
What do we see.
Yesterday at 11:51 PM
"is the new update coming out anytime soon?"

There were only 15 posts, 1 page, 25 hours and 20 minutes, between the talk about the release date and the question about it.
I can only speak for myself but that really triggers me.
I try not to react anymore at such thing.
But sometimes I can't hold myself back and make a sarcastic comment about it.

Last edited:

Ascetic

Apr 5, 2018
Thank you ZenGarden , Bantry and Ramirez™ for the replies.

I can totally see where the frustration comes from, and as Bantry said, one of the reason why I can be so "cool" about it is probably because, after all, I don't hang out all that much on the forums in general.
I will point out though that even if Holiday Island is in my top 5 f95zone games, it is not my ABSOLUTE favourite (my signature is not there for nothing :geek: ), and yet this thread is by far the one that I read more regularly, and the reason is precisely because at the end of the day it is not aaaaaall that snarky. :)

One last observation about the baffling laziness ("Can't they even read 4 posts above??") and lack of etiquette of new posters: I come from quite a long experience of forum communities in my past (mostly music and RPG ones) where I've sometimes been a borderline obsessive poster, and I can tell you that the more a topic is popular and followed, the more trolling will be not only unavoidable but constantly growing. Without hard moderation, "don't feed the trolls" is the only thing that I've seen working: not much in terms of having less trolls in the future, but rather in terms of having a "cleaner" stream of messages.

P.S. for Bantry : I'll have to disagree about your interpretation of the Discussion/Review sections (and yes I have already posted a review of the game, even if a short one!), mainly because I think that a good critique needs some back and forth. Reviews are a useful and important tool, but they offer no interaction. But then again, we know what the risks of poor interactions are, or we wouldn't be having this discussion...

4.00 star(s) 215 Votes