SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018

Circle with Me...

(***disclaimer***)
( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual story from the game )
(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental)

AntoineFlaubert

Oct 14, 2019
Please help, when I start the game, it don't start and when I go in the logs there is this :

Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.06s
Early init took 0.00s
Loader init took 1.76s
Loading error handling took 0.09s
Loading script took 11.29s

I don't know what to do

SiJa

Engaged Member
Feb 21, 2018
Please help, when I start the game, it don't start and when I go in the logs there is this :

Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.06s
Early init took 0.00s
Loader init took 1.76s
Loading error handling took 0.09s
Loading script took 11.29s

I don't know what to do
The first thing is to make sure that your graphics card driver is up to date.
If it still is happening try this...

DELETE the persistent file in these two folders (Save & AppData).
Try to start the game again.

Save folder... (Holiday Island/game/saves)
AppData folder (C: user/***/AppData/roaming/RenPy/Island-1499865023)*** your user id

AntoineFlaubert

Oct 14, 2019
The first thing is to make sure that your graphics card driver is up to date.
If it still is happening try this...

DELETE the persistent file in these two folders (Save & AppData).
Try to start the game again.

Save folder... (Holiday Island/game/saves)
AppData folder (C: user/***/AppData/roaming/RenPy/Island-1499865023)*** your user id
Thank you, this works

Reactions: SiJa

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
I'm actually having a problem this time for real.
I followed Amy to the bathroom while she was in her basic dress and had sex with her.
It checked off the achievement, but left the "Follow Amy to the Bathroom" achievement blank.
I didn't send any other girls away & followed Amy to the bathroom where she said there were too many girls in the bar,
so she didn't have sex with me.
I checked my phone, and the achievement didn't get checked.
I doubt it's a bug, but maybe I'm missing something, like her stats need to be low.
Either it's a bug that should be fixed or something needs to be added to the guide.

Edit: added "so she didn't have sex with me" for clarity.
Edit to add that this was a known bug and will be fixed in the next update. Listed here:
  • The achievement for Amy's scene in the night bar lavatory isn't unlocked --> will be fixed with 0.3.2
(I didn't realize that this what was being indicated.)

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017

On an Island, Somewhere in the Pacific ...

Into the Great Unknown

(***disclaimer***)
( This is FAN FICTION / FAN EDITED and no way represents any actual story from the game )
(Any similarity to any future story-line is coincidental)

Reactions: junior366

jamiewan

Feb 11, 2020
I followed Amy to the bathroom while she was in her basic dress and had sex with her.
It checked off the achievement, but left the "Follow Amy to the Bathroom" achievement blank.
I didn't send any other girls away & followed Amy to the bathroom where she said there were too many girls in the bar.
I doubt it's a bug, but maybe I'm missing something, like her stats need to be low.
Either it's a bug that should be fixed or something needs to be added to the guide.
My memory may be bad but there my be a version where you follow her to the bathroom but don't have sex with her.

Puppet Master

Aug 21, 2018
My memory may be bad but there my be a version where you follow her to the bathroom but don't have sex with her.
To be clear:
I didn't send any other girls away & followed Amy to the bathroom where she said there were too many girls in the bar,
so she didn't have sex with me. I checked my phone, and the achievement didn't get checked.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
so she didn't have sex with me.

Edit: added "so she didn't have sex with me" for clarity.
It's a bug in 0.3.1.1. It has already been fixed in my current version. The scene has been rerenderdered, so the achievements will be reset with the next version.

Dragon Sins

Jul 27, 2017
There's a bug in the game where the schechuled time with a girl keeps replaying over and over and over no matter what time it was schechuled for.....

Reactions: Aereon1104

Not Data

Aug 23, 2020
During this quiet time before the next release, I hereby present:

ANAL RETENTIVE MUSINGS
BEACH BAR EDITION

1) The beach bar is only open for a few hours in the afternoon. So what quaff is available to quench ones thirst in the morning? I imagine it can still be pretty hot at the pool or beach then. Do you have to drown yourself in fluids at the breakfast table? Do they have Bloody Marys there? I did not notice mini-bars in anybody's room. What is Miriam drinking when you go to her? Where did she get it? How does one get a beverage then? For you perverts out there, note I said beverage, not beaverage.

2) I see that Coke and Diet Coke is available at the beach bar. I assume one could get a Sprite or Barqs too. But all the beers at the night bar seem to have fictitious names.
(Your Name Here) does not ask for a cola soft drink. Did Mr. Hound obtain a licensing deal from the Coca Cola Bottling Company, but not from Anheiser Busch or Miller Brewing? I do not not even recall seeing beer taps over there. A nice cold brew might be refreshing too!

3) Actually, could the beer not be 100% fake? Is it possible that these are in fact HI exclusive microbrews? Is Joy or Dr. Rosario involved in a side business? Is there a secret brewery we have yet to discover? What does this have to to with the beach bar? Before we solve the mystery of Holiday Island, we need to solve the mystery of the beer names. Add it to your cell phone.

4) Yumiko offers to open the soda can for
(Your Name Here). Just how weak does she think (Your Name Here) really is that he can't open a soda can by himself? Perhaps it's because Yumiko may be the only character we have yet to see in a gymnasium. She may not be be aware of (Your Name Here)'s strength level and how well he can spot other girls lifting weights. And (Your Name Here) does not look any more muscular at Strength Level 10 than he does at Level 4.

5) I enjoyed Yumiko's post-flirt posing as much as all of you. But what if another girl came by in the middle of that? They are in public after all. Would Yumiko drop everything and serve customer topless? Or would she say "I'll be right with you as soon as I finish showing (Your Name Here) my titties"?

Well maybe we have a partial answer on this one. Yvette would hold back until she comes for her Melon Cooler. And Eva would try and get some sap to go get a drink for her. But what about the others?

That's it. DISCUSS!!

4.00 star(s) 216 Votes