Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
hello...can anyone tell me the renpy folder name of saves for this game? i can find this one in renpy
The 'saves' folder is usually within the game folder. There is also a renpy folder under your user name in the AppData/Roaming folder. Within that renpy folder will be one maned Island ###########. Unless you have checked the box to show Hidden files and Folders, it will not be visible.

BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020
hello...can anyone tell me the renpy folder name of saves for this game? i can find this one in renpy
if you want to delete them, just use the trash can icon on top of all saves.

to save them just load them and save again and they will appear in the save folder inside game folder.

PS: to tell you the true I am curious about the location of that save folder you are asking about.

Edit:
The 'saves' folder is usually within the game folder. There is also a renpy folder under your user name in the AppData/Roaming folder. Within that renpy folder will be one maned Island ###########. Unless you have checked the box to show Hidden files and Folders, it will not be visible.
aaahhhhh ok so thats where they are, in my case is Roamig\Renpy\Island-1499865023

PorkiDrifter

Aug 20, 2021
After a format of my pc and fresh windows 11 23h2 the game doesnt start pressing the application shows up on Manager after 1 sec gone, i searched the forum for a solution but nothing that did help (no i didnt try to use the headphones, i played the game many times with only my speakers). :cautious:
Side note i tried to get help from this stupid AI program from windows no hope either :ROFLMAO:
Another find is that i cant run most of the renpy games not all but some that i cant run.....
Found the solution The problem that the game doesnt start is that i have the file game on my desktop, i dont know why windows needs onedrive to have a desktop option but i guess the problem is from onedrive
i put the file to program files x86 and the game starts

ANOTHER solution that i fix with the onedrive i use the command from Chris titus tech to delete YEET onedrive and now desktop works as it has to be! (and the game starts yes)

Last edited:
Reactions: Puppet Master

Kiskocya

Dec 2, 2019
i have the file game on my desktop
i put the file to program files x86
WTF happened to common sense ? Don't you have any self preservation instinct !?
This is windows we're talking about. Win-fucking-dows.
You always always ALWAYS ALWAYS stay as far as possible from any "special" folder.

Why didn't you install the game in C:\games\ to begin with ?

norb82

Sep 19, 2018
WTF happened to common sense ? Don't you have any self preservation instinct !?
This is windows we're talking about. Win-fucking-dows.
You always always ALWAYS ALWAYS stay as far as possible from any "special" folder.

Why didn't you install the game in C:\games\ to begin with ?

x86

Maybe this is the problem? Since some versions, there is only x64 (64-bit) version in the game folder, earlier there was also x86 (32 bit) version too.

Kiskocya

Dec 2, 2019
x86 Maybe this is the problem?
No, that's not it. Porki put his game there, and it works.

Windows can handle 32bits and 64 bits programs just fine. There was never any need to split the Program Files directory by architecture, but Microsoft did it anyway.
The thing is that "C:\Program Files (x86)" is the garbage dump where all the misbehaved programs install their crap. There's no rule in this folder, it is a free-for-all where every installer does whatever it wants. Microsoft had to go to great length to not interfere with anything that's put in there.

If you care one bit about your game, you don't put it with the garbage, you keep it safe and sound in another folder, even another drive if you can.

norb82

Sep 19, 2018
No, that's not it. Porki put his game there, and it works.

Windows can handle 32bits and 64 bits programs just fine. There was never any need to split the Program Files directory by architecture, but Microsoft did it anyway.
The thing is that "C:\Program Files (x86)" is the garbage dump where all the misbehaved programs install their crap. There's no rule in this folder, it is a free-for-all where every installer does whatever it wants. Microsoft had to go to great length to not interfere with anything that's put in there.

If you care one bit about your game, you don't put it with the garbage, you keep it safe and sound in another folder, even another drive if you can.
yeah I experienced with other games too they run MUCH better if they are anywhere else than the Program Files folder.....

PorkiDrifter

Aug 20, 2021
Just so u know guys For as many years as im on this site i always run the games that i download from my desktop i dont do the old way to take the file put on any of those 2 Program files as you guys want JUST straight to desktop C:users/"the pc name"/desktop i dont know if there is a problem with the way i have it maybe there is but i never had any problems...
1708801798620.png

Kiskocya

Dec 2, 2019
i dont know if there is a problem with the way i have it maybe there is but i never had any problems...
There shouldn't be any problem. Shouldn't ... until microsoft decides to change the rules ... for your benefit, of course.

You can't trust microsoft, because they want to "help" you, and the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Who knows, maybe someday, onedrive will decide to synchronise your desktop on your main computer with your other desktop ... on your mother's computer. I'm sure she'll be thrilled to discover what games you play.

4.10 star(s) 214 Votes