Strongwood

Nov 9, 2017
The thing is none of this feels natural. On paper you build up a relationship but it's not really a process of progress or rewarding. After I got thrown onto the island I had no clue what to do or where to go and decided to go to the lunch room and found 3 girls. So you talk the very first time to them and it isn't like slowly getting to know the other person and build that relationship, no, it's just finding out the categories to go and see the same statements to grind points. It happened a lot that I got an exchange of statements about things on the island that I hadn't even done yet. The girls don't feel like they have a personality and background, just some variables in the background to explore and push.

I also read that Amy is one of the girls with most content atm. Well, guess what, I don't have her in my game. I had to choose one cup size but would have gone for all of them and also said yes to the melon question. So to get this girl in the game I have to restart, make certain choices and start the same grind again. Meanwhile in My sweet neighbours you can load that save and simply use the fast forward function of Ren'Py and the walkthrough and see the little sequence you were missing within seconds.
Its not a complete game. Your expectations of an incomplete game are ridiculous.

Also this is a good game already. Only going to get better

Reactions: JPL

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
Its not a complete game. Your expectations of an incomplete game are ridiculous.

honestly even if the writing doesnt get better and the girls stay a bit lopsided, I'm still enjoying it. There is a lot going wrong with it, but Darkhound1 still makes it work.

At least for me anyways.

LLIyPNk

Apr 27, 2017
Better for HI is to use more unique models, like what we have now, cause they looks like better than "daughter". So, when the new version will release?) can't wait)

Barioz

Oct 9, 2017

Yes, it's an incomplete game. But the mechanisms will stay the same even when waiting for a lot of later versions. Or are you telling me that let's say in version 11 it won't be the same pool of statements for all girls and you don't have to trial and error which category to go for grinding points and you will actually have a unique process getting to know each character on its own? Now that would be ridiculous...

MonteChristo

Nov 20, 2017
I'm having issues with crashes at night, during the next days schedule prep. I have "solved" this by doing systematic saves before going to sleep and reloading / retrying after each crash. It worked fine until now, day 7, where I cannot go through the night without a crash. The only thing that changed during day 7 is that I got the smart watch

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I'm having issues with crashes at night, during the next days schedule prep. I have "solved" this by doing systematic saves before going to sleep and reloading / retrying after each crash. It worked fine until now, day 7, where I cannot go through the night without a crash. The only thing that changed during day 7 is that I got the smart watch
Hi, can you upload a save file to reproduce the error. Several people had this, but I have never been able to get it on my pc.
Either upload it here, or send it to me: darkhound1@web.de then I will have a look.

MonteChristo

Nov 20, 2017
Hi - I will see what I can do. I over-wrote the saves, but I'm trying to replicate the problem by picking up the smart watch a day later.

I'm loving the game BTW.

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Hi - I will see what I can do. I over-wrote the saves, but I'm trying to replicate the problem by picking up the smart watch a day later.

I'm loving the game BTW.
Thanks. If it is the problem that you get an inifinite loop. It doesn't have anything to do with the smart watch. Still I cannot replicate that one. So if you got a save it would help.

MonteChristo

Nov 20, 2017
I'll keep an eye for that. You're right that it must not have anything to do with the smart watch because I went through a new game where I got the watch on day 8 and had no problem transitioning to day 9.

When you say that you want a 'save', I suppose it is the save corresponding to the evening just before spending the night. Where is this info stored, do you know?

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I'll keep an eye for that. You're right that it must not have anything to do with the smart watch because I went through a new game where I got the watch on day 8 and had no problem transitioning to day 9.

When you say that you want a 'save', I suppose it is the save corresponding to the evening just before spending the night. Where is this info stored, do you know?
You should be able to find the saves in the game folder. There should be a sub folder named "saves". The save games are inside. They are somewhere in your user profile too. But that is a lot more complicated to find.

Reactions: MonteChristo

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Here is another short progress report and some teasers for the new version.
400+ new images and videos :)
65MB+ increase in zip size, although I have reduced individual image sizes a lot since v0.0.1
16.000+ lines of text and code in total in v0.0.6... OMG :D

And some new previews:
Yvette_event_bad_dream2.jpg Yvette_event_bad_dream10a.jpg amy_pool_play7_swim2.jpg Faye_and_Aly_breast_compare2.jpg Faye_workout_pecs0b_swim1.jpg

Still no fixed release date yet. Hope to have it ready next week end... *fingers crossed*

Ramirez™

Aug 29, 2016
Nice teaser.
Btw. The girl you showed yesterday looks great. She would be one of my first picks. And I'm not even into blondes.

Someguy01

Aug 1, 2017
This game gets some more content, and it could be a winner. Entertaining and the mechanics work well. I do wish they'd add a couple smaller breast sizes to the choices, as well as adding a "random" choice to the girls so there could be a larger variety during a single playthru, but the game definitely hasn't a disappointment so far.

MonteChristo

Nov 20, 2017
Loving the updates.

Either there's something screwy with my computer or the game gets more stable when games have more game days. The game has not crashed recently when it used to have to be restarted from save every night.

MonteChristo

Nov 20, 2017
@darkhound1 - Is that useful to you?

Full traceback:
File "[my files...]\HolidayIsland-005\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 295, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "[my files...]\HolidayIsland-005\renpy\main.py", line 487, in main
run(restart)
File "[my files...]\HolidayIsland-005\renpy\main.py", line 147, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "[my files...]\HolidayIsland-005\renpy\execution.py", line 761, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/script.rpy", line 994, in script call
File "game/functions.rpy", line 1577, in script call
File "game/functions.rpy", line 1662, in script call
File "game/functions.rpy", line 1754, in script
File "[my files...]\HolidayIsland-005\renpy\execution.py", line 56, in check_infinite_loop
raise Exception("Possible infinite loop.")
Exception: Possible infinite loop.

Windows-XP-5.1.2600-SP3
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Holiday Island 0.0.5alpha

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
@darkhound1 - Is that useful to you?

Full traceback:
File "[my files...]\HolidayIsland-005\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 295, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "[my files...]\HolidayIsland-005\renpy\main.py", line 487, in main
run(restart)
File "[my files...]\HolidayIsland-005\renpy\main.py", line 147, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "[my files...]\HolidayIsland-005\renpy\execution.py", line 761, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/script.rpy", line 994, in script call
File "game/functions.rpy", line 1577, in script call
File "game/functions.rpy", line 1662, in script call
File "game/functions.rpy", line 1754, in script
File "[my files...]\HolidayIsland-005\renpy\execution.py", line 56, in check_infinite_loop
raise Exception("Possible infinite loop.")
Exception: Possible infinite loop.

Windows-XP-5.1.2600-SP3
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Holiday Island 0.0.5alpha
Hi, sorry but it doesn't help. I already know where it happens, but I need to be able to replicate it in order to fix it. That's why I was asking for a save game. I can avoid the infinite loop, but without knowing why it happens it could cause other problems/errors.

Reactions: MonteChristo

darkhound1

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
This game gets some more content, and it could be a winner. Entertaining and the mechanics work well. I do wish they'd add a couple smaller breast sizes to the choices, as well as adding a "random" choice to the girls so there could be a larger variety during a single playthru, but the game definitely hasn't a disappointment so far.
Interesting. You are the first to ask for more randomness. Most of the others would like to hand pick all of the girls

4.00 star(s) 216 Votes