DuckSwim

Jan 19, 2018
This sudden quiet unnerves me, have we really survived the great zombie wave of 1.7.0 - 1.7.2
Or is it merely a pause.

We must prepare, more barricades, traps, auto responses and obscure references are needed.
For they are billions.

:p

Last edited:

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Version 0.1.8 beta - development news (updated 18/07/2019)

Hi guys and gals, this post offers you a collection of news about the next full version of Holiday Island (0.1.8 beta) and the smaller updates towards it.

There will be smaller, more frequent content updates, called content addons. They will include bug fixes and new content as well.
The change log below is based on the beta 0.1.7.0 release.

The next release is 0.1.7.3 beta which will be an incremental update!
It will include new features and bug fixes.

The update from 0.1.7.2 to 0.1.7.3 has 192 new renders, videos and sound files right now!

New features and content

Jennifer's transformation story will be concluded --> will be part of 0.1.7.3 (still working on it)

Lacey gets a short even in the hotel corridor --> will be part of 0.1.7.3 (still working on it)

Heather gets two pool distraction events --> will be part of 0.1.7.3

Brenda gets a beach yoga event and the achievement --> will be part of 0.1.7.3

Delizia gets a beach yoga event and the achievement --> will be part of 0.1.7.3

Desire gets a beach yoga event and the achievement --> will be part of 0.1.7.3

Amy gets a beach yoga event and the achievement --> will be part of 0.1.7.3

Jennifer gets a beach yoga event and the achievement --> will be part of 0.1.7.3

The first binocular where you can watch the girls doing beach yoga will be added --> will be part of 0.1.7.3

Minor improvements and changes

Sexting images now support ".jpg" and “.webp" image format --> will be part of 0.1.7.3

You will see the girl's body type now on the phone when you know bra, waist, hips and weight --> will be part of 0.1.7.3

Bug fixes

Nightbar "last call" scene was shown with wrong bartender or could result in a crash when you did it on day 1--> will be fixed with 0.1.7.3

In certain circumstances during the Miriam and Mercedes poster scene, the receptionist overlay image was still shown --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.3

There was a possible endless loop when you arrive at the island (it occurs only very rarely) --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.3

The other shower scene with Faye should also count to get the shower symbol --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.3

There is still abug when Aly is the plane girl and another girl arrives on the island early. --> will be fixed with 0.1.7.3 (or you can use the quick fix from the post where you get 0.1.7.2, see link below)

Is the update going to break save games?:

0.1.7.1 beta --> Save games from 0.0.8 and later can still be used. Earlier saves are no longer supported.
0.1.7.2 beta --> same as for 0.1.7.1 beta
0.1.7.3 beta --> same as for 0.1.7.1 beta

Estimated release dates:
0.1.7.1 beta --> available since 13/07/2019
0.1.7.2 beta --> available since 14/07/2019
0.1.7.3 beta --> no date yet

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
new_ui7.jpg

UI updates (0.1.8 beta preview)

Hello everyone,
although the game is not that old yet, some parts of the user interface could use an overhaul.
What you see here is a work in progress and just an example without any real connection to the game right now. (It's not Amy in the image and no scene or achievement has been unlocked)

What are the main changes and ideas for the UI:
  • No more waiting times when stats (like love, etc.) change. Instead, the change is shown with an overlay screen that automatically fades in an out while you can continue playing.
  • Depending on what is shown, the "show time" can be handled in a flexible way.
  • It will support multiple messages at the same time or very close after one another (up to 4 or 5, not sure yet)
  • There will be bifferent icons and colors for the different stats changes (love, affection, anger, etc.)
  • The icon images will be more or less "filled" depending on the corresponding value (e.g. 60 love would mean a heart that is 60% filled will be shown)
  • Info on quest changes, etc. will also be displayed that way in the future (probably not directly with the first update for the new UI)
  • A new type of information will be available: "Scene/Event/Appointment unlocked!" (probably not directly with the first update for the new UI)
  • It supports left menu shown and hidden, please check the image below
  • Transparency of the black image part could/might be connected with the transparency setting from the settings, that are already used for the semi transparent black image that is shown behind the text. Not sure about this one yet.

Ascetic

Apr 5, 2018
Hi all and thanks once more to darkhound1 for the sweet update! (Loving the muscular, tan lined twins, too bad Mercedes gets no action yet... XD )

Just a quick bug report concerning version 0.1.7.2 (including the events.rpyc quick fix), not sure if it has been mentioned already but the search bar didn't find anything.
Apparently Jennifer's last call at the bar is missing the first image of the chain, where she walks towards you (it was there in 7.1). Here's the report:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: In DynamicImage u'scenes/[l_bartender.fname]/[l_bartender.fname]_nightbar_last_call1.jpg': Could not find substitution 'l_bartender'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpyc", line 1429, in script call
File "game/loc_nightbar.rpyc", line 395, in script
d������L
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI-0.1.7.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1260, in execute
show_imspec(self.imspec, atl=getattr(self, "atl", None))
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI-0.1.7.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1139, in show_imspec
atl=atl)
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI-0.1.7.2-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 717, in show
sls.add(layer, img, key, zorder, behind, at_list=at_list, name=name, atl=atl, default_transform=default_transform, transient=transient)
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI-0.1.7.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1070, in add
thing.set_transform_event("show")
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI-0.1.7.2-pc\renpy\display\transform.py", line 677, in set_transform_event
self.child.set_transform_event(event)
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI-0.1.7.2-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 705, in set_transform_event
self.find_target()
File "C:\Users\remoremoit\Desktop\HI-0.1.7.2-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 626, in find_target
raise Exception("In DynamicImage %r: Could not find substitution '%s'." % (self.name, unicode(ke.args[0])))
Exception: In DynamicImage u'scenes/[l_bartender.fname]/[l_bartender.fname]_nightbar_last_call1.jpg': Could not find substitution 'l_bartender'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Holiday Island 0.1.7.2
Fri Jul 19 06:21:05 2019

fogyfool

Aug 17, 2017
I may be stupid (what's in a name...) but how do I trigger the showerscenes. I only get the one with Faye.Please someone help me out

PhantomStranger

Oct 23, 2017
I may be stupid (what's in a name...) but how do I trigger the showerscenes. I only get the one with Faye.Please someone help me out
Don't worry, I had problem figuring out that, too.
Whenever one of the girls with shower content is in the gym you should save.

Then, try having a shower. There are three possible outcomes:

1) Nobody is in the shower. If you continue you will have a shower alone. Reload.

2) A girl is in the shower and a big sign can be seen on the door. If you enter the girl will get angry and you will get no content. Reload.

3) A girl is in the shower but she forgot to put on the sign. Continue to see the girl through the door. If you enter now she will not get angry and let you shower (and get the content). You can also notice that with outcome 3 the watch will tell you which girl is actually in the shower (if you have already unlocked it)

fogyfool

Aug 17, 2017
Don't worry, I had problem figuring out that, too.
Whenever one of the girls with shower content is in the gym you should save.

Then, try having a shower. There are three possible outcomes:

1) Nobody is in the shower. If you continue you will have a shower alone. Reload.

2) A girl is in the shower and a big sign can be seen on the door. If you enter the girl will get angry and you will get no content. Reload.

3) A girl is in the shower but she forgot to put on the sign. Continue to see the girl through the door. If you enter now she will not get angry and let you shower (and get the content). You can also notice that with outcome 3 the watch will tell you which girl is actually in the shower (if you have already unlocked it)
Thanks for your quick reply! You say try to have a shower: how do I trigger that? I see no sign of a shower (Other then the shower in my room)

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
Thanks for your quick reply! You say try to have a shower: how do I trigger that? I see no sign of a shower (Other then the shower in my room)
Search or read back a few pages. There is a post from the developer telling you that you need to see and do the scene(s) with Faye in the shower and sauna before the gym shower becomes available.

Last edited:

Pier28

Oct 27, 2017
Hello,
As new feature with the last updated version, it was added some shower scene for Aly and Desire at the Gym. I have tried several days to interact with them in the Gym, but no shower scene available. Does someone how to reach this achievement?

I must add that, among Yvette, Desire and the others, Iam completely crazy about Aly. Her falsely innocent look, combined with her perfect body, aie... I hope there will be more content for her in future.

Bantry

Forum Fanatic
Oct 24, 2017
can someone post last version save? i could't find it here
It is right next to the unicorn corral. Perhaps if you do a search you'll find where a kind individual has posted multiple saves for multiple scenes. But if you expect to find a save which picks up from where the last update left off, there is no such animal.

Reactions: junior366
4.10 star(s) 219 Votes